• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About “boundless layers”

What is with it? I keep seeing people talking about it randomly online, and since VSBW came up with the tiering system to begin with, I figured I should come here and see if this is actually an approved thing. Do boundless layers actually apply to the tiering system or do you think they don’t work(I personally don’t think they make sense or change anything but I just want to know so I don’t make any uneducated arguments elsewhere)

Just like the Tiering System said, Boundless (Tier 0) isnt special, it's just very high up. Other than that it works like any other Tier except it has no end.

You transcend a Tier 0 being? Cool you're a layer into Tier 0, transcend infinitely and your Infinite layers into Tier 0, and so on and so forth.

We can prove the size or number of layers. If we do it in the form of set theory, with the axiom V and keeping large cardinal with the class system.

boundless layers actually apply to the tiering system or do you think they don’t work
Anything beyond High 1-B is getting into conceptual mathematic therum rather than something that's harder in scientific basis since you're dealing with numbers that can't really exist and higher degrees of infinity.

Boundless is just a thing that exists as a conceptual set superior beyond an Inaccessible Cardinal and we call it that because no terms exists for something above an Inaccessible Cardinal currently. In fact you could probably get rid of Tier 0 and keep High 1-A and nothing would really change.

Anything beyond High 1-B is getting into conceptual mathematic therum rather than something that's harder in scientific basis since you're dealing with numbers that can't really exist and higher degrees of infinity.

Boundless is just a thing that exists as a conceptual set superior beyond an Inaccessible Cardinal and we call it that because no terms exists for something above an Inaccessible Cardinal currently. In fact you could probably get rid of Tier 0 and keep High 1-A and nothing would really change.
"Superior beyond an inaccessible cardinal" so 5D?

boundless layers exist but usually when people start talking about them, especially on shit like tiktok, the character/verse theyre applying it to is nowhere near that strong

I
boundless layers exist but usually when people start talking about them, especially on shit like tiktok, the character/verse theyre applying it to is nowhere near that strong
So Boundless layers are usable and viable in debates, people just apply the “layers” to characters that shouldn’t count? Thank you, that’s good to know.

I know this has long since been answered, but I just wanted to comment on this myself since I had a bit (that's a lie, I had a LOT) of trouble with this exact same thing back in the day.

Boundless layers do exist. The tier is described a little funny, so I can understand the confusion, but "this tier extends into any higher level" doesn't mean any and every Tier 0 character is the same level of power, just that any character beyond Tier 0 is still 0. Because, well, if that was the case the Tiering System would literally have no end lol. However, as Wyatt said, most often when people use "countless/infinite layers into Boundless" on TikTok or other places where VS shorts or anything of the sort is posted, they're most often wanks. The only character I can think of (on the wiki) who is "infinitely into Boundless" would probably be Azathoth, due to him transcending over Yog-Sothoth's Boundless key an infinite/endless amount of times. There might be one or two I'm unaware of, but that pretty much sums it up!

Back