• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Arceus's weakness...

What the title says. I'll just get straight to the point.

From Arceus's page: "Weaknesses: Depending on which Plates it is missing, it can be hindered or damaged by specific types of attacks (while missing the Earth, Meadow, Draco, Zap, and Splash Plates, Ash's Pikachu was able to momentarily hinder it with Thunderbolt)".

What I highlighted at least is what needs to be removed. Ash's Pikachu somehow being able to hit Arceus shouldnt at all be a legitimate weakness actually listed. And I have another reason other than it being PIS from a PIS ridden movie. That would be questioning why its even a weakness at all? Just because Arceus lost several type plates doesnt instantly mean hes actually weak to those attacks. It just means he doesnt have an actual defense against them when incomplete, not that those types of attacks are more effective. If we were to apply this logic to for an example, Superman, we'd all say magic working on him wouldnt be a weakness. Superman only lacks a defense against it. Magic doesnt suddenly work better than it would normally against Superman and Arceus is no different when talking about Elemental moves.

I could even say him being hit by any attack that he cant negate without the right plate wouldnt be a notable weakness but I can at least see the concept there as in the weakness of the plate negating ability itself. But for Pikachu hitting Arceus? Theres no weakness there. Its just PIS + simple lack of defense against electric moves combined.

Therefore, I request that at least the Pikachu aspect of this should be removed if nothing else.

I agree with the Pikachu thing, but it sort of makes sense. He basically resists all the elements except the one he's missing, therefore that element of the missing plate would be more effective on 'em since he lacks any defense over it unlike when he has said plate. Less weakness, but still a "Flaw" in his defense that could be exploited.

The only problem I see with that is, where is it stated moves are more effective on Arceus when he doesnt have the plate to nullify them though? Like I stated in the OP, being weak against moves and lacking defenses against them are 2 different things. Like how Superman isnt weak to magic, he just doesnt have a defense for it. Even in Pokemon terms Arceus isn't more weak to moves he cant negate than regularly other than fighting since he's a normal type.

That said, I can agree to keep it in his weaknesses as thats not the main issue. But the Pikachu bit needs to be completely removed.

Back