• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Aizens existence erasure

So your entire argument relies on small fragments that splintered from the staff being erased?

How does that debunk existence erasure in any way exactly?
How do you even know how existence erasure works in the first place, because with what i can see, the affected part that got within his sphere of influence was completely erased, just like he said.

Simply because some fragments splintered from the staff does not debunk this fact, you're still forgetting that reiatsu itself has more than one effect, one of them being immense pressure that's capable of cracking the floor / objects around them, which can easily explain some fragmentation taking place.

While aizen is the only person that was visibly shown with reiatsu strong enough to erasure objects out of existence, which is obviously shown.
As seen, with the humans that were affected by him on the street, since they just got the part that was near to him completely erased.

"ceasing to exist" combined with objects being comletely erased obviously support the notion of it effectively being existence erasure.

These other statements are not from aizen himself, and are from outside sources, that can't even properly detect his power, nor do they even know it.

Not to mention the fact that the entirety of the quincy race have Macro-quantum deconstruction / manipulation in the verse, so something like existence erasure, for someone that's far stronger than them, outside of Yhwach is definetly not out of the question.

So your entire argument relies on small fragments that splintered from the staff being erased?
I don’t even hold an argument, I'm mainly asking a question. A more accurate statement would be that one of my problems with the EE is that an object interacting with it blatantly shows fragmentation which simply proves destruction rather than non existence.
How does that debunk existence erasure in any way exactly?
How do you even know how existence erasure works in the first place, because with what i can see, the affected part that got within his sphere of influence was completely erased, just like he said.
It didn't get erased but destroyed. If it was erased there would be fragments flying off it.
Simply because some fragments splintered from the staff does not debunk this fact, you're still forgetting that reiatsu itself has more than one effects, one of them being immense pressure that's capable of cracking the floor / objects around them, which can easily explain some fragmentation.
Yes Reiatsu can destroy objects. Which is one of the possible meanings of the term "cease to exist" and something we already knew Aizen can do. Unlike EE which has no supporting feats, no explanations, and no later mentions.
While aizen is the only person that was visibly shown with reiatsu strong enough to erasure objects out of existence, which is obviously shown.
Please show me Aizen "obviously erasing objects out of existence" where it can't just be interpreted as standard deconstruction/vaporization.
As seen, with the humans that were affected by him on the street, since they just got the part that was near to him completely erased.
Or just destroyed.
"ceasing to exist" combined with objects being comletely erased obviously support the notion of it effectively being existence erasure.
"Ceasing to exist" can mean destruction which is exactly what we see happen to many things.
These other statements are not from aizen himself, and are from outside sources, that can't even properly detect his power, nor do they even know it.
Except the "turn things to ash" statement is supported by us literally seeing it happen on screen while the EE interpretation has 0 supporting evidence.

You're basically taking a figure of speech at face value with ZERO evidence to support it while also having contradictory evidence.

Not to mention the fact that the entirety of the quincy race have Macro-quantum deconstruction / manipulation in the verse, so something like existence erasure, for someone that's far stronger than them, outside of Yhwach is definetly not out of the question.
Aizen isn't a quincy tho so idk why would this matter lol.

Aizen isn't a quincy tho so idk why would this matter lol.
His existence is similar to that of a hybrid being due to the hogyoku, which is made out of multiple fragments from the soul king, who is also a quincy.

So yes, it does matter. i'll reply to ur other post later

His existence is similar to that of a hybrid being due to the hogyoku, which is made out of multiple fragments from the soul king, who is also a quincy.

So yes, it does matter. i'll reply to ur other post later
That whole connection seems like a massive headcanon.

That whole connection seems like a massive headcanon.
Dude, he fused with the hogyoku, which is made out of fragments of the soul king.
The soul king is a hybrid being, and aizen's evolution literally turned into something similar to that of the soul king.

I have no clue what "headcanon"you're talking about

1+1 = 2

Last edited:
For a super extensive breakdown of Aizen’s passive EE and the arguments for and against it, check out this thread: https://vsbattles.com/threads/bleachs-greatest-fanfic.140945/

After like 500 messages of back and forth we decided on the possibly rating for the EE.
Thank you, I'll check it out 🙏.
But given your message it seems like the possibly should be in place because of the uncertainty behind the ability right? So why is there a note that says he "undeniably has it"?

The possibly rating is about the ability having a weakness that's disputed. Whilst Aizen has the ability, it's possible that it has some verse specific weakness. The note is simply to explain all of that nuance., and how it's treated for our site purposes (for profile and VS matches).

That possibly is only there to appease damage tbh. The disagreement that lead to the possibly wasn't about Aizen having EE at all, but rather it's mechanics.

The possibly rating is about the ability having a weakness that's disputed. Whilst Aizen has the ability, it's possible that it has some verse specific weakness. The note is simply to explain all of that nuance., and how it's treated for our site purposes (for profile and VS matches).

That possibly is only there to appease damage tbh. The disagreement that lead to the possibly wasn't about Aizen having EE at all, but rather it's mechanics.
So if I'm understanding it right he truly got the full value over that one shitty statement? 💀

It’s not that hard to understand. It’s undeniable that he has EE. It’s possibly that it works as the justification states. Since the debate was can Aizen EE people indiscriminately passively or does it only work on weaker people like humans. After the thread, it was determined that it possibly works on people without prejudice.

Quincy can erase immaterial souls from the soul cycle, essentially erasing them from existence and the cycle of reincarnation. Ichibei can erase beings from existence and completely wipe them out of the reincarnation cycle. Yamamoto can erase beings from existence in terms of the 'physical' soul (konpaku), as can things like Hado 54. Aizen as a transcendent being above all of the previously mentioned people as well as having knowledge on things like Hado 54 claiming that he can erase things from existence with his spiritual energy and erasing a human, shinigami, and random objects coming into contact with him is evidence enough. Aizen himself was said to destroy things without leaving any debris behind in the TYBW.

As far as the breaking down objects smaller and not outright leaving nothing behind...it depends on the fictional media's interpretation of EE. The DBS manga clearly shows things being fragmented and broken down with hakai and its called existence erasure on that very page.

Quincy can erase immaterial souls from the soul cycle, essentially erasing them from existence and the cycle of reincarnation. Ichibei can erase beings from existence and completely wipe them out of the reincarnation cycle. Yamamoto can erase beings from existence in terms of the 'physical' soul (konpaku), as can things like Hado 54. Aizen as a transcendent being above all of the previously mentioned people as well as having knowledge on things like Hado 54
None of those mean he can replicate their abilities. Simply being stronger than others doesn't mean you gain their abilities, especially not PASSIVELY.
Also, if Aizens EE is based off of something this vague then I can't say that other characters EE is valid without actually looking at the evidence for it.
claiming that he can erase things from existence with his spiritual energy and erasing a human, shinigami, and random objects coming into contact with him is evidence enough.
No. Him claiming that is itself debatable as what he said can simply refer to simple destruction. Especially given how it's only ever mentioned in a very small insignificant panel and never again.
Aizen himself was said to destroy things without leaving any debris behind in the TYBW.
Sounds like deconstruction or vaporization to me.
As far as the breaking down objects smaller and not outright leaving nothing behind...it depends on the fictional media's interpretation of EE.
Yes, but Aizen is literally stated to turn things into ash with only an extremely vague, commonly hyperbolic, statement to suggest he has EE.

The overall issue is that the evidence is extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY weak. The statement is a completely insignificant one liner that he tells to a fodder without any further explanations (despite bleach commonly explaining the characters abilities in great details) and without any further impact on the plot.
Furthermore the statement can literally mean something that we already know Aizen can do.
We know for a fact Aizens reiatsu can destroy stuff around him. We know he's way stronger than any human at that point (at least to his knowledge). Him saying "Any human that touches me gets destroyed" in a fancy flowery way is exactly something he would do in character and is also something we already know he can do. Combined with the fact we later see Aizen destroy things with his reiatsu rather than make them stop existing, and the statement that he turns things into ash, the interpretation that takes the statement completely at face value seems to be BY FAR the weaker one

Back