• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Wolf VS A Pony Ōkami Amaterasu VS Twilight Sparkle

Phoenix821 said:
I mean if Ammy can't get past that shield then it's a stomp. Maybe All alicorn Twilight would be more fair?
I think then it would be a stomp for Amy, since All Alicorn Twilight AT BEST is 5x Baseline, while Amy is casually 30x 4-C, for making 30 stars, or more than 10x baseline High 4-C. Basically the only reason it's a stomp for Twilight is the shield. Though I guess AP is arguable.

I think then it would be a stomp for Amy, since All Alicorn Twilight AT BEST is 5x Baseline, while Amy is casually 30x 4-C, for making 30 stars, or more than 10x baseline High 4-C. Basically the only reason it's a stomp for Twilight is the shield. Though I guess AP is arguable.

Twilight would barley scratch baseline. She'd get one shot. Just let this thread die, and take it off the profiles. It's a stomp for one side either way. Change it to Discord, he has the regen to deal with Amy attacking him.

Lightbuster30 said:
Twilight would barley scratch baseline. She'd get one shot. Just let this thread die, and take it off the profiles. It's a stomp for one side either way. Change it to Discord, he has the regen to deal with Amy attacking him.
What do you mean? You'll see above that Celestia was supposed to be made High 4-C, so she could be 4 or 5x Baseline.

Yeah, baseline High 4-C or higher. The shield stomping people 8x that is what makes it durable enough to handle Amy. Take thay away, and she gets onehit, since Alicorn Twilight never outright tanked blows at her level. The shield and it's tankieness make the difference.

Lightbuster30 said:
Yeah, baseline High 4-C or higher. The shield stomping people 8x that is what makes it durable enough to handle Amy. Take thay away, and she gets onehit, since Alicorn Twilight never outright tanked blows at her level. The shield and it's tankieness make the difference.
But we never saw it. Also, I think you mean RP Twilkight, since All Alicorn Twilight tanked many Tirek attacks.

Never saw what?

She tanked only one attack, and it was a full body ram from Tirek with a magic aura shielding her, she won't get that chance here. In addition, Tirek had to shield against her attacks, and screamed in pain when hit directly. Not to mention Twilight going directly out of her way to dodge or blast his attacks as opposed to taking them. The shield was outright unaffected, and she simply stood there on purpose letting the beam bounce off.

TL;Dr taking and tanking attacks aren't the same thing.

Lightbuster30 said:
Never saw what?
She tanked only one attack, and it was a full body ram from Tirek with a magic aura shielding her, she won't get that chance here. In addition, Tirek had to shield against her attacks, and screamed in pain when hit directly. Not to mention Twilight going directly out of her way to dodge or blast his attacks as opposed to taking them. The shield was outright unaffected, and she simply stood there on purpose letting the beam bounce off.

TL;Dr taking and tanking attacks aren't the same thing.
Never saw her getting hit in her RP state, so we don't know if she'd be one hit or not. What do you mean? In the very beginning of the fight, Twilight flew up and Tirek blasted her straight in the face, but she barely flinched. What does that have to do with this discussion? Why would she take a strong attack if she can easily dodge it? She is smart.

What? I'm not talking about her RP state, I'm talking about her All Alicorn state.

Of course she didn't flinch, she was the one who blasted Tirek, who yelled out in pain, and had to block it. Why would you yell in pain from, and then block an attack, if it does absolutley nothing. << Which is exactly what Full Power Tirek's attack did to Twilight's shield.

Lightbuster30 said:
What? I'm not talking about her RP state, I'm talking about her All Alicorn state.
Of course she didn't flinch, she was the one who blasted Tirek, who yelled out in pain, and had to block it. Why would you yell in pain from, and then block an attack, if it does absolutley nothing. << Which is exactly what Full Power Tirek's attack did to Twilight's shield.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoowtoEle14 1:36

I am very confused about who and what you're talking about.

We can plainly see tbe beam not evem touching her body, and dispercing around the white sphere surrounding Twilight. It wasn't a direct blow.

Lightbuster30 said:
You Didn't see the shield around her body? There is pretty clearly a spherical shield surrounding her.
Huh, I always thought that was a cool way of animating it, but you could be right. The point though is that Tirek did deal some blows to Twilight, and she wasn't hurt at all.

I think that Amaterasu might have this actually. I think that the Rainbow Power was for a one time use only. Twilight and the others have never used it again since defeating Tirek, and they actually went to get the Elements back from the tree for the Pony of Shadows, which wouldn't be necessary if they still had the RP. I think Twilight only gets one shot at Amaterasu with it, and if she can manipulate time, she can just dodge, than Twilight would revert.

@Frieza force soldier 100

Isn't it just Time Stopping? This means she can't skip forward to when she's reverted. Also, you don't know she only has one shot. That's completely headcanon. Afterall, she stayed in RP for minutes afterward. And I think the reason they didn't use RP is becuse they didn't have the chest.

(tl;dr at the bottom)
I believe Amaterasu completely destroys Twilight Sparkle. In this piece of writing, I hope to debunk every argument brought foward to prove that Amaterasu, even fresh out of the statue (+Rejuvination & Power Slash) can stomp Twilight Sparkle. I would also like to clarify that I have played and beaten Okami twice and have watched MLP up until the end of Season 4 (Tirek fight)
Amaterasu is grossly underpowered when mentioned in her article. Her strongest feat straight from the game (besides spinning a galaxy) is Creating 30 stars with one use of the Celestial Brush and she can do this not 5 minutes from when she was taken out of statue form and to boot, there is no visible drainage of her ink, health or physical power, which means she is far stronger then she lets on, certainly beyond the initial Large Star.
Compared to Rainbow Twilight who's strongest feat is Large Star (likely stronger since she stomped Tirek too) with scaling to Full Power Tirek, she is heavily outclassed in the power department.
Amaterasu is also highly intelligent and doesn't play with her food. She has thousands of years of experience and recognizes enemy weaknesses easily. While Amaterau's combat actions are largely player based, it would see fit to reason that Amaterasu would recognize that slowing down time with veil mist is a weakness for every enemy and could perhaps strategize indefinitely in Celestial Brush mode.
Twilight herself, while a genius, cannot possibly standup to Amaterasu's sheer combat experience and her amazing Celestial Brush. I can see her getting easily overwhelmed by sudden slashes and strikes of the Celestial Brush. Which brings me to my next point...
The Debunks
This section is dedicated to debunking some of the arguments made for Twilight here.
>"Twilights passive shield is impossible for Amaterasu to breech"
As stated above, Amaterasu is grossly underpowered. Lets incorrectly say Amaterasu's feat is x30 Large Star, thats x30 Stronger then Twilights strongest showing of power, the shield breaks in one slash.
>"Twilight can BFR"
This is not mentioned in her Vs Battles Wiki article, I'm going to request that BFR be cited with context, otherwise, this argument will be ignored.
>"But what about Twilights (x) hax"
You're right, Twilight has some weird hax that may help her in a pinch, but remember, she'll be constantly barraged with slashes from the celestial brush, she won't have time or even the brain processing power to just use one of these. She's terrible when she thinks on her hooves. It also doesn't help that pretty much all of these hax are just one episode gimmicks and are never seen in the show again.
I'd like to clarify, this is Fresh Amaterasu, this becomes and absolute slaughter as she progresses through the game. Others in the article of generously given her all of her celestial brush abilities, although the only one that would be really useful here is Veil Mist, which seals the deal for any chances of Twilight Sparkle winning. Amaterasu with Items would make her ridiculously powerful, the Inkfinity Stone comes to mind.

tl;dr - Vs. Battles Wiki incorrectly listed Amaterasu's power and is far stronger then just Large Star. Twilights hax play no role since she has no breathing room to plan or think.
Fresh out of the Statue Amaterasu >>>>>>>>> R. Twilight Sparkle
Amaterasu with brush techniques >(x100) R. Twilight Sparkle

edit: I'm using information presented by the wiki to create this assessment.

Wrong, she is 30x baseline Star level. She created 30 Suns, not 30 Rigels. Which mlp low top tiers characters do stupidly casually, while Tirek has a huge chain of stomping people who stomp people and so on going for him.

Lightbuster30 said:
Wrong, she is 30x baseline Star level. She created 30 Suns, not 30 Rigels. Which mlp low top tiers characters do stupidly casually, while Tirek has a huge chain of stomping people who stomp people and so on going for him.
Can you prove that MLP characters do that casually? To my understanding the be all end all of Composite Twilights power is defeating Full Power Tirek which the Wiki assesses her power is Large Star. Amaterasu casually creates 30 stars and you arbitrarily attach a multiplier to it, stop lowballing.

@Benevolent Lacky

I agree with some things you said, but you were wrong about a few thing too. She may be casually 30x Baseline 4-C, but with the Updated Chart, that's only like 5x Baseline High 4-C, while RP stomped someone who stomped someone who stomps casual 4-Cs. Also, Twilight fought in a tough situation like you described, when she fought Tirek, and when she fought Starlight.

Again, you're underestimating Twilight and overestimating Okami, so the shield which pretty much didn't even notice Tirek's full power blast, wouldn't break in a single slash, though it's possible it could break sometime during the fight.

Twilight can BFR because the RP used magic to send Tirek back to Tartarus. And she's not terrible at thinking on-the-spot. She just used blasts and other basic techniques against Tirek because that was all she needed. Tirek wasn't an enemy superior to her that she had to outthink, so she didn't. Tirek was taking her hits, afterall.

Perhaps you're right about it being a stomp later in the game, but we're talking about High 4-C Amaterasu.

As a final note, you may want to check out this content revision thead before replying.

Benevolent Lacky said:
Lightbuster30 said:
Can you prove that MLP characters do that casually? To my understanding the be all end all of Composite Twilights power is defeating Full Power Tirek which the Wiki assesses her power is Large Star. Amaterasu casually creates 30 stars and you arbitrarily attach a multiplier to it, stop lowballing.
How powerful is creating 30 stars if not 30 stars level? Complex Multiversal?

Um no. Celestia has been raising the Sun for 1000 years straight. It's extreamly casual for her, and if Azzy ever gets to, and accepts my calc, it'll be over a foe. Comparatively, Discord hilariously stomps both her and her sister at once. It took the entirety of Equestria's magic just to match the dude. Twilight has enough powerscaling to bridge the gap.

The poster of the thread stated Amaterasu has 3 Astral Pouches. This means she's not New Game, but New Game Plus. This entitles her to her New Game Plus gear, The String of Beads makes her immortal, taking no health loss at damage and no ink loss upon use and is stated to multiply her power x10 and her 2nd best weapons are avalible too.

Combined with her infinite ink and ability to stop time at will anytime, even if the power of Twilight is stronger, she has no counters to it and will die a death of a thousand cuts without her even realizing it.

It says Beginning of Game, though.

She can stop it infinitely? And rememeber, the passive shield has an unquantifiable durability due to it not even cracking to a full power attack from someone above baseline High 4-C.

GokuSparkle said:
It says Beginning of Game, though.
She can stop it infinitely? And rememeber, the passive shield has an unquantifiable durability due to it not even cracking to a full power attack from someone above baseline High 4-C.
3 Astral pouches are not possible in New Game and since the wiki has no mention of NG+, I took the information and adapted it accordingly.

Yea, Amaterasu can hold the brush forever and once one attack is processed, she can start another immediately and with the String of Beads she has no concern for Ink or its reserves. Even without String of Beads, she has items to restore Ink.

The Passive shield if left unquantifiable would be subject to a NLF. Its probably easier to scale it to Twilights attack power. I mean, with the way I presented it, it wouldn't matter and would just be another barrier to overcome, basically prolonging a fight Twilight can't win.

@Benevolent Lacky

"Composite Twilight

Beginning of Game Amaterasu"

Statements>pictures

Sooo...she defeats anyone at all with no time hax and has less than High 3-A durability?

Which is also unquantifiable.

Back