• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Wolf VS A Pony Ōkami Amaterasu VS Twilight Sparkle

If she can't get around time stop then I might vote inconclusive due to passive shield. But for now my vote remains the same. Waiting for some more info.

I do not have time to to write a fully detailed reason right now, but I will come back with a full response either tonight or tomorrow.

In game, time stop is activated whenever Amy (Amaterasu) uses the celestial paintbrush. Time resumes after she has drawn her ability, and the ability immediately activates. The abilities she could use while time is stopped are as follows:

Sunrise- Amy conjures up the sun, turning night to day (not useful here)

Restoration- Repair destroyed objects (not useful here)

Power Slash- This is where things get good. This ability allows her to slash through enemies. Given that it is roughly as effective as doing normal damage, it should scale from her striking strength (Large Star Class). This means that, from timestop, she could hurt Twilight.

Bloom- Can trap opponents by sprouting trees. Again, she can immobilize Twlight from in Time Stop. Can do other things that are not useful here.

Water Lily- Can create lily pads (not useful here)

Vine- Can attach a vine to the opponent, which would again allow Amy a more easy shot.

Cherry Bomb- A bomb that detonates after a few seconds. After upgrading, you can use multiple at once. Should scale from striking strength. Would be particularly useful when the opponent is immobileized (like with Bloom).

Waterspout- Can attack the opponent with water from medium range. Again, scales from striking strength.

Deluge- Make rain (not useful here)

Crescent- Sunrise, but with the moon

Galestorm- Creates wind (not useful here)

Whirlwind- Blasts opponents with a gust of wind. Should scale from striking strength.

Inferno- Amy can manipulate fire (not useful here as she needs an outside source)

Fireburst- Creates a ball of fire, making the surrounding are ablaze

Here's the big one: Veil of Mist. I'm just gonna copy-paste the description on her page:

• Veil of Mist: Amaterasu can slow down time to a near-stop (to the degree that Blight, one of the bosses, goes down from moving so fast it appears as teleportation to Amaterasu to the point that every single motion can be recorded), that lasts for approximately four seconds.
Catwalk- Amy can climb walls (not useful here)

Thunderstorm- can manipulate electricty (not useful here as it needs an outside source)

Thunderbolt- Creates a thunderbolt that hits as an area-of-effect attack. Should scalre from Striking Strength.

Blizzard: Can manipulate Ice (not useful as it requires an outside source)

Icestorm: Generates ice to damage and freeze opponents. Should scale from Striking Strength

Not a paintbrush attack, but still notable: Godhood. This passive ability gives Amy 4 shields that each absorb 1 hit, and these can regen throughout battle.

Also, could someone remove the win from Twilight's page? This shit ain't over.

Again, let me remind you, she can do this all from time stop

There's also the Astral Pouch which can revive her 3 times.

Also Twilight has a Passive forcefield in this form, so Ammy needs to get past that first.

None of that gets past a passive shield. Time stop does not shut down Twilight's shield. So inconclusive if she goes with Godhood during timestop. And even then the Rainbow Power, which should have the abilities of the Rig, can RE, and powernull the shield anyway.

Lightbuster30 said:
None of that gets past a passive shield. Time stop does not shut down Twilight's shield. So inconclusive if she goes with Godhood during timestop. And even then the Rainbow Power, which should have the abilities of the Rig, can RE, and powernull the shield anyway.
What this man said.

How long does it take for Amy to use her paintbrush, because the first thing that Twilight does is blast her opponent with a rainbow beam that takes no charge time.

The brush is her Tail and it's most likely the first thing she'll do considering her Opponent if in the Air.

Phoenix821 said:
Godhood is a passive and is independent from the Celestial Brush.
RP should still be able to null it. Tbey are basically a beefed up EoH, which can null characters who resist Power Nullification.

Phoenix821 said:
The brush is her Tail and it's most likely the first thing she'll do considering her Opponent if in the Air.
How long does it take? Twilight can do her thing instantly (as in no charge time like normal). Brush, I have no clue.

The timestop happens instantly upon activating her brush and the effects happen after it ends.

Its really hard to get a clear timeframe as its from a game, but in gamw, the moment you press the button time stops. So less than a second, possibly instant. I get she has a shield, but a shield can be broken. And given how much time Amy has to do it (4 Godhood shields per Astral Pouch life), it shouldn't be hard for he to break through the shield and kill her.

Chartate101 said:
Its really hard to get a clear timeframe as its from a game, but in
That shield completely tanked blows from someone who stomps people who stomps casual baselines at least a few times over. The shield isn't coming down any time soon. And since it's passive, it's liable to just remake itself anyways. AND she'd still have to break Twilight's magically enhanced durability, which should scale to the shield.

You can have a stomp in the same tier. If she has a shied that Amy cannot get through by any means, thats a stomp

Amy is baseline and Light even said that the shield tank hits from guys who stomped baselines. That would make this is a stomp

Chartate101 said:
Amy has no way to get past the shield, based on what you're saying. That makes it a stomp.
Isn't the point of these threads to show one character as superior to another in battle? Unless there's an actual rule about same tier stomps, I think this should still be added.

A stomp is when one character has absolutely no way to win. if a character has a shield that Amy can't do a single thing about it would be a stomp

Chartate101 said:
A stomp is when one character has absolutely no way to win. if a character has a shield that Amy can't do a single thing about it would be a stomp
Isn't Amy casually 30x baseline anyways?

Amaterasu is 27.66x baseline if I'm correct.

Twilight is >>>>>>>> Full Power Tirek >>>>> Post-Discord Tirek = 4 Alicorn Twilight >>>> Post Mane Six Tirek >>>> Discord >>>> 2 Alicorns > 1 Alicorn > Baseline

Chartate101 said:
Yeah. So in that case, she busts Twilight's shield by AP
Not really. She isn't even 3x stronger than Twilight with RP. That shield was completely uneffected by an energy blast from full power Tirek, who sort of has a chain of stomping people who stomp people who stomp very casual baselines.

I repeat: the shield completely tanked the hit. It wasn't affected even remotely. Try shooting completely bulletproof glass, and it takes no damage. It takes no dents, or even surface scratches completely and utterly unharmed. Trust me, it would take a lot more than pumping that bullet by a few times to so much as crack it.

Going by multipliers the shield is roughly 3x weaker tham Amy. However it makes up for that by my example above, and the fact that the attacker is 8x while so stupidly casual.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Amaterasu is 27.66x baseline if I'm correct.
Twilight is >>>>>>>> Full Power Tirek >>>>> Post-Discord Tirek = 4 Alicorn Twilight >>>> Post Mane Six Tirek >>>> Discord >>>> 2 Alicorns > 1 Alicorn > Baseline
Isn't one alicorn Star Level?

They were supposed to become large star level but it got held off because of stellar revisions. Now they'd probably be at least, or star level+. Baseline High 4C is now 3x higher than the original. Amy now only has a marginal AP advantage based on that, certainly not good enough to smash the shield. Now she has 70% more AP, only slightly higher than what the shield completely tanks.

Lightbuster30 said:
They were supposed to become large star level but it got held off because of stellar revisions. Now they'd probably be at least, or star level+. Baseline High 4C is now 3x higher than the original. Amy now only has a marginal AP advantage based on that, certainly not good enough to smash the shield. Now she has 70% more AP, only slightly higher than what the shield completely tanks.
So is this thread too much of a stomp and it should be closed or not?

I mean if Ammy can't get past that shield then it's a stomp. Maybe All alicorn Twilight would be more fair?

Back