• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A very unfortunate event

Gwynbleiddd

VS Battles
Retired
Don't know how to put this simply so i'll just try to make this quick.

In my country serving in the army is mandatory and they call you after you turn 18.In order to postpone going to the army you have to make an application saying that you are either studying or you have medical problems.And i didn't know that i had to make the application or when i would have to make it (i though that the university sends it after you get in), so long story shor i got called to serve in the army in less than a month from now.I'm currently under extreme stress, considering that for 9 months i may live in a literal hell with no people of my age while also losing 3 terms from my uni (some of my classes can only be done on the winter term).

Regarding my activity on the wiki:

If i get my application done and it's accepted then i will remain active, but if not then i guess my days here aren't going to be many.For now i will remain partially active and i will know for sure within the next month.

I hope that the application goes through and that you will be remaining here for as long as possible. Good luck with everything!

I'm very sorry to hear that, that sounds horrible. I hope that your application goes through successfully.

I am also very sorry to hear that, and really hope that the authorities will accept your application. You are an extremely appreciated and valuable part of the staff.

Same with what everyone else has said. Extremely sorry to hear this. I truly hope everything turns out alright and appreciate all you've done here.

Oh for…yare yare well take care Kkapoios and GL with your application so that it goes well for you

I don't even know you or believe I've ever interacted with you on this site before. But with that said, I wish you the best of luck and really hope your application goes through. Because I got slight chills down my spine reading what you wrote, and it made me think of myself in that position. So I certainly wouldn't want anyone else going through it. And I know it doesn't really help just wishing you luck on a forum post, but well... if you do end up going, I guess... I hope knowing that there are people who feel for you, gives you the strength to get through it. Even if they are just a strenger on a forum.

Once again, I really wish you the best of luck.

That is just sad. Nobody should have to be forced to serve like that. Hope your application is accepted.

Oh my, that sounds terrible. I hope your application goes through, you must be terrified. Bless you Kkap.

My goodness, really best of luck with that. Whether you were on VS Battles Wiki or not it would be a terrible shame for you to be put into a situation you aren't happy with. I hope you overcome it!

I believe this is in Greece right? I had a friend that was drafted in the Greek army and did ~10 months of service. Most of it was spent on polishing, cleaning and doing stuff for the higher ups, only some training. He said it wasn't as rough as he imagined it.

That said, I really really hope your application get approved. Losing uni time sucks.

Best of luck to you my friend, and don't lose hope.

That's terrible, I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I know words cannot begin to describe the situation that you are in, but I hope your application gets accepted especially for the sake of your University, a place where you enjoy going to and doing something of your interest.

You are an invaluable member of what goes on in this group and to see you go would be saddening.

All we can do now is be optimistic and hope that you are successful.

We are keeping you in our prayers.

I can understand your fear. I've been there.

I want you to know that we all hope the best for you, and worst case scenario, those of us who pray will protect you, and those of us who don't should wish you the greatest of luck.

You should stay here, and we'd love to have that, but the world is stronger than we are. Best luck and hope you stay here with all of us!

My father went through this long ago... He was there around 2 years or so. He didn't think it was so bad, in fact he still regrets for leaving the army (a couple of years after, he went through a severe accident and spent like 5 years on a bed).

Anyway, I hope your application gets approved.

Back