• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A sword fight (Zoro vs Pray)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Is this a stomp? Might be, i dont know One Piece stats~

Roronoa Zoro vs Pray Mayer

Fisherman Arc and Prime Pray is used, SBA and speed equal, the starting range 20 Meters apart.

Respecting Human Rights: 1

Fisherman fish fresh fish: 1

Asura Pray Style:

Fisherman Arc.

Now I imagine Zoro successfully fishing at Sabaody instead of cutting a ship.

BTW Zoro's Fishman Island Key is getting removed but the stats may not change.

Can Zoro use Asura to triple the power? I think he can trap her in a Kokujo Ogi Tatsumaki, where she will be sliced by the cuts of air. And, idk if she can use her power null against this.

Zoro's stamina is far superior on my view, and his massive pain tolerance will help much. For now,my vote is in Zoro.

The way the profile explains the power null makes me think that she might be able to null Haki.

Zoro's Air Manipulation isn't paranormal so she shouldn't be able to null it.

@Rei

Depends on Zoros Base AP. If he scales to the 14 AP feat then sure, if he scales to 30 then he stomps via math. Going by the description, it dosnt mention traping and she dealt with far worse attacks casually. But no, she cant null, its not him directly manipulating wind ala wind bending or something,

Stamina and Pain tolerance are in his favour, but only if the fight will go that long. Pray kills 99% of her opponents within 1 to 2 hits. The other 1 percent being someone who knew exactly what Pray could via training her entire life with her, plus being overall somewhat compareable to her and someone who was legitimatly stronger, faster and more experienced than her (She killed him in end tho)

Post Time Skip Zoro doesnt toy with his opponents, he'll go right for the kill. Once he had Pica in his range Zoro took care of him rather quickly. The same thing happened to Monet but to a higher extent.

Maybe i should actually explain what Pray can do, seeing as i am probably the only one who read Knight Run here. Let me elaborate on her stuff for a bit.

Lets start with Prays skill:

Pray trained for over a decade with Karen Mayer, to that time highly skilled martial artist who teached Pray everything, from fist to sword art, spear and knife combat and survival in the harshest conditions possible. While Pray got her ass handed to Karen at the beginning of the training, after not more than a couple month did Pray manhandle 13 Masters and Karen without breaking a sweat, becaming the greatest Mayer Style master to ever live. Said Style condensed all forms of combat and martial arts in the history of humanity into a single form. On that fondation Pray created a even more advanced and effective fighting style, the Pray Style.

After her training she became a Knight Trainee and at that point already so vastly above her peers and even highly trained Knights and Master Knight that she was only reffered to as prodigy.

But what does it entail to be a Knight?

Knight Skill 1
This was the Baseline to become a Knight. Pray exceeded that as a Trainee. After her traineeship she was instantly granted the title Top Sword and the respective Sword that came with it. The Top Sword is the strongest currently living Knight. The only one who came remotly close to Pray in skill was Anne Mayer, but the actual difference between them? From 100 fights against each other, Anne only managed to win less than 3. I already outlined what Anne can in another Thread, so everyone interessted can read that.

To make it more overseerable, will roughly write down the Skill chain: Knight Trainess < Normal Knights < highly experienced Knights < Master Knights =< Zero Breakers < Type Zero Beast Cross Eye Alpha and Beta <= "Average" Top Sword < Anne Mayer <<< Pray Mayer.

Pray Style Wave Techniques: I will just dump in some screens to show people what the average attacks can.

Anne vs blue beetle3
Pray Style
Pray Style 2
Pray Style 3
Pray Style 4
Pray Style 5
Pray Style Pray 04

Yeah i know, its not elegantly added by me and there are more, like straight up lazer beams, and speed amped dash attacks and stuff and more sword, fist, spear and dearming techniques.

Pray overall could be called one of the dirtiest and bloodthirstiest characters in the entire series, finishing all her fight in near 1 or to 2 hits, breaking her enemys weapons up and down, disarming them while manhandle them in cqc, or just straight up pulverizing them with Wave attacks from the get go.

This post is not a "Vote for Pray" one, i only outlined what Pray is capeable of, considering that she is 1. A new profile and 2. From an unknown franchise. I hope it helped the people to reach a fair verdict~

@First

It's an interesting fight. Okay, I think I'd better rule out Ashura. The coup I quote is a cyclone that sucks opponents to death, how would Pray get rid of something like that? She does not want to belittle her character but I do not think she can kills get Zoro so quickly. Zoro has extensive experience in combat against assassins, being able to keep up with two professional assassins at the same time and still being at a disadvantage (remembering that all this before his training with Mihawk, a much less powerful version in all attributes of which he is being used in the thread). And as seen in several of his battles, Zoro does not toys in fights, many of his battles after the Timeskip were win for him with one-shot (Pica, Monet, Hyouzou, an Drago and a Random guy). And even before the Timeskip he was already exploring possible weaknesses in his enemies to kill them faster. So yes, I imagine the battle will last long enough before they both fall, and for the reasons I mentioned earlier, Zoro would not tire first. Anyway, I keep my vote on him.

@Rei

I assume those mooks in that video arent compareable to Zoro and considering that Zoro is slightly weaker than Pray in Base, i can savely say that those mooks are weaker than Pray too. Seeing as the attack dosnt instantly oneshots every one who was catched in that attack i can say it wont instantly oneshot Pray either. Bear in mind that Pray is passivly covered in a barrier, so the attack woudnt even truly faze her, until her barriers broken. As established with the facts before plus the fact that her Dura is higher than Zoros AP (not multiplier level higher but still higher) the attack will take a while till it actually damages (and kills her).

So she gets catched in Tatsumaki, sees that it damages her barrier and just nukes the cyclone and the entire area with a wave attack. Zoro will probably survive the attack, but has now a bloodlusted Pray on him.

Those 2 assassins arent really compareable to Pray at all. Bear in mind that Knights are prodigiuos super warriors that fight in gigantic wars, sometimes even in planetar scale against armys of monster who fly, shoot lazers and rush at you at the same time. In masses. Pray is in fact the greatest Knight that has ever lived in the entire history of humanity. A special group of Knight that proofem themself to be such outstanding war assets, that they get frozen for preservation are called Cold Heroes. Cold Heroes are consistently called by Master Knights as "Monsters" due to how strong and experienced they are. Those Cold Heroes consider Pray to be a even bigger monster. The difference between them and Pray can be visualised with a sentence: Anne was the only one who stood a chance against Pray. Anne was > an entire group of monsters that fought wars on their own, that were so appreciated and evaluated by humanity that they get frozen and gets reawakened for the direst of dire situation.

Another thing i have to add to the Cold Heroes is that the last Top Sword (Greatest currently living Knight) was one of them. To show what it means to be a Cold Hero. So i can savely say that she outskills.

Zoro is a great warrior from what i can see, this is clear. But Pray activily fights dirty and only aims for kills herself. You can in fact count her battles that lasted longer than 3 hits with one hand. Her fights with Anne and the Cross Eyes. Anne was someone who was the closest to Pray in term of Skills. She knew all moves Pray had and how Pray behaved in battle. And the Cross Eyes were superior in all aspects to Pray, physically, speed, skill even in experience. She killed them in the end though.

Pray can make based on obersvation alone, predictions that were borderline "Prophecies", as a character called it. They were so good that she could perfectly predict the movements of someone who became the fasted Knight in the universe, something that is not hyperbole because it comes from someone with extensive knowledge on the entire Knight Order.

Bloodlust would actually help Zoro in this scenario, With his Kenbunshoku Haki he'd be able to read her movements better. Kenbunshoku works better whenever the opponent has lots of killing intent. She'll also be pushing his Kenbunshoku and Busushoko Haki making them stronger so even without Asuna he'd still be able to close the gap. Pica isn't as strong as Zoro but he shouldn't be that much weaker either. Aside from that Zoro can tank attacks from characters that are stronger than him. He took Admiral Fujitora's Gravity and sent him back with an attack. Fujitora is High 6-C.

@Rin

Observation Haki:

Reading from left to right.

Anne

Anne 2
Anne 4
Note how Anne was visibly blized by that attack

Anne 5

Pray is >>> that. Anne was perfectly capable to keep up with multiple people plus an attack that blitzed her, by sheer reading. As i mentioned before, Prays own observation and prediction was stated to be near prophecies. Annes own reading couldt not keep up with Pray in any shape or form and only survived her fight with Pray because of plot reason (big spoiler) and that reason i can guarantee you, Zoro cant recreate. Pray will abuse it to kill him.

I by the way thought Zoros skill with Observation Haki wasnt that good in the first place?

Weird Barrier Haki thingy:

Assuming that it dosnt get negged by AB swords in the first place, something that totally could be because its something soul thingy based? Pray can still attack Zoros body directly

Indirect attack

While its not a perfect solution for Zoros Barriers, it still allows Pray to indirectly attack his body and causing internal damage that ignored Annes barrier and caused her to actually bleed.

Fujitora:

Ehm, other than being a outlier, why isnt Zoro high 6C then? Neither of his stats are nearly that high and does it apply to his usen Key in the first place?

Back