• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A STAND VS A PERSONA - Ren Amimiya vs Giorno Giovanna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude Ren resists causality manip in P5R thanks to Maruki's cognitive warping powers. In fact, Royal isn't even needed, Satanael completley negates it. RTZ has been canceled out by Dio in Eyes of Heaven. Plus He's already far faster than Giorno, and as it's shown, Giorno's own personal stats do not change upon using GER. This means that Joker outpaces AND one-shots Giorno. GER isn't gonna last forever. Girono would just give up if he can't hurt him.

Not only is Over Heaven Dio non canon, but he's also a better reality warper than any P5 character.

It's not changing anytime soon unless a bunch of revisions go through and are accepted.

>Which has nothing to do with the above arguments in Joker having res due to type 1. Also going by the Persona wiki, could be wrong, but Maruki's powers have absolutely nothing to do with causality, hell in the trivia section (for some reason) it even points out a potential weakness, plus hitting up a friend who just platted the game didnt exactly confirm it either. Tbh I'm not seeing where Maruki's cognitive powers manipulate cause and effect.

Maruki literally took control over Mementos which is linked to the minds of all sentient beings, he can freely rewrite the universe as he sees fit by changing humanity's collective cognitions. The Persona wiki only shows their personal profile and stats. He changes the laws of the universe to prevent any ability like Return to zero.

>If, if, he can get around GER. If GER exists giorno could literally sit on his ass and do nothing and GER would act on its own to protect him. Case and point, litteraly the only scene we see of GER in the source material where it acts on its own to protect Giorno from a threat he can't react to and perceive and even goes as far to confirm Giorno isn't controlling him, as in the Stand ITSELF confirms it, via it's own words.

Lol Personas would do the same thing as well. Debilitate would debuff all his stats even if speed is equalized. And Eyes of Heaven is canon. Araki wrote the story himself. https://jacquelineristola.wordpress...canon-jojos-bizarre-adventure-eyes-of-heaven/

Takuto Maruki's profile https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Solacis/Persona_5_The_Royal_Final_Boss_W.I.P._Profile

>Maruki literally took control over Mementos which is linked to the minds of all sentient beings, he can freely rewrite the universe as he sees fit by changing humanity's collective cognitions. The Persona wiki only shows their personal profile and stats. He changes the laws of the universe to prevent any ability like Return to zero.

So no causality manipulation then? Gotcha. You realize you're not describing causality manipulation right? And the last point, he has to "change" something to do something about RTZ, which will never happen, if he has to actually take an action then it's useless, because that action will never come to me pass. Then again RTZ has dealt with universal changes before so who knows how well that'd actually work.

>Lol Personas would do the same thing as well. Debilitate would debuff all his stats even if speed is equalized. And Eyes of Heaven is canon. Araki wrote the story himself

Nobody said Personas can't protect their user, I'm just saying your point on Giorno not being able to protect himself is flawed as **** and borderline braindead when GER is automatic, why are you arguing things that nobody said otherwise? It's a waste if everyone's time. Except RTZ makes it so that Debilitate never happened, not with standing a Persona actually has to use it for it to happen, ignoring RTZ makes it so it never happened, it's never gonna get a chance to use it speed unequal. I'm well aware he wrote it, or rather he wrote the outline and key plot points and CC2 filled in the gaps, much like how Akira Toriyama writes a outline and Toei and Toyataro fill in the rest (Which often results in wildly different takes on the same plot). It's secondary canon at best and a what if, because shit in that is outright contradicted by the source material and it goes out if its way to contradict multiple things in the source as well, multiple things work differentely and impossible to have actually occurred and is retconned by the existence of Part 8. It's like saying DBO is canon because Akira wrote some of it or GT is canon because he designed SSJ4. EOH is a fun what if that Araki gave a rough draft for CC2 to go wild with, nothing more, nothing less.

Linking a fan profile means nothing, I could write a sandbox too, it means little if it's not actually on the wiki.

Now instead of wasting everyone's time I suggest you go make your CRT's and revisions because nothing is going to change unless you do that and get it accepted.

Chariot190 said:
Now instead of wasting everyone's time I suggest you go make your CRT's and revisions because nothing is going to change unless you do that and get it accepted.
Somebody else is working on profiles for P5R.

It makes no sense to make a CRT before those are created.

What you should be making a CRT ''before'' they're created for that very fact. Not only should you be making CRT's to discuss what certain abilities qualify as well as third party opinions but if said abilities in question rely on revisions in general you do that shit first instead of wasting time.

Dude. People don't make a CRT for every character in a verse to have a page. That's not how it works here. Dragon ball didn't do that, Naruto, and neither does JoJo.

The only abilities or pages that usually get CRT's of their own are controversial or scale to most of a verse (Although I can imagine a CRT being made in this case because of characters who already have pages gaining resistances, but that would normally occur when the page is already pretty much finished. Just not an actual page yet)

"if said abilities in question rely on revisions in general you do that shit first instead of wasting time."

I'm not the one spearheading persona versions and neither is Rustobal. So that's not our call to make. We're merely informing you that this shit exists. It's not a made-up thing or imaginary.

It's not even subtle or obscure, it's the major plot point at the end of the game. The entire end of the game couldn't even function without it. Maruki rewriting reality itself in the present and past on a massive scale (Creating a world where everyone can live their ideal lives), and everyone except Ren and Akechi being affected by it.

>People don't make a CRT for every character in a verse to have a page. That's not how it works here. Dragon ball didn't do that, Naruto, and neither does JoJo.

Actually they tend to when there's a massive instalment or major characters. Pretty sure TOP characters had CRTs over them to discuss their creation and JoJo had them too for EOH and Novel characters going through the archive. Don't pick examples that litteraly contradict your point. And, well I don't follow Naruto so can't say but 2/3 of your examples are wrong.

>The only abilities or pages that usually get CRT's of their own are controversial or scale to most of a verse (Although I can imagine a CRT being made in this case because of characters who already have pages gaining resistances, but that would normally occur when the page is already pretty much finished. Just not an actual page yet)

There's CRT's over the most trivial of things half the time, it doesn't need to be controversial to warrant a CRT. Although this scales to what I assume to be most of the cast, so yes, a CRT is needed. Yet here we are, with multiple users trying to actually argue it in a thread, either cease doing so or go make that CRT now because it's getting annoying debating something that isn't even implemented or given the ok yet.

>I'm not the one spearheading persona versions and neither is Rustobal. So that's not our call to make. We're merely informing you that this shit exists. It's not a made-up thing or imaginary.

It actually could be, you could be doing it right now, and so could he, you don't have to wait on others you know that right? And if you want to keep bringing it up in this thread then actually get it implemented first, informing me of what? P5R exists? I mean I'm aware given I bought it.

>Maruki rewriting reality itself in the present and past on a massive scale (Creating a world where everyone can live their ideal lives), and everyone except Ren and Akechi being affected by it.

The issue with that is more of me doubting it's actually causality manipulation to begin with. Hell if Rustobal or you want to draw comparisons or bring EOH into this, SPOH litteraly did the same thing, with two universes mind you, and that's not causality manipulation, it's just dank reality warping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back