• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Sloth Fights a Strategist

As weak as Togame is, she should be vastly superior to a sloth. I know a rabbit could possibly kill her, but these things seem to be vastly inferior to rabbits. Normally I would say this is a stomp, but the fact that it's in a tree makes me pause. Actually overpowering the sloth would be simple enough, but she has to get it down first. Can she climb trees? What about knocking it down by throwing rocks?

Now how come Togome's weak af, anyway? She looks more capable than Mr. Burns and Authority (in fact, she looks like just about any other anime girl).

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
As weak as Togame is, she should be vastly superior to a sloth. I know a rabbit could possibly kill her, but these things seem to be vastly inferior to rabbits. Normally I would say this is a stomp, but the fact that it's in a tree makes me pause. Actually overpowering the sloth would be simple enough, but she has to get it down first. Can she climb trees? What about knocking it down by throwing rocks?
Well, i guess she could try climbing one, but whether she could manage is kinda difficult to say. She did traverse a desert but almost died in the proccess and she already has difficult walking in stairs, which combined with her weak grip (She can't even hold on a small sword) makes me think that climbing a tree is outside of her capability.

As for rocks... well, could someone kill a sloth with very small pebbles? I think these are the only rocks she could muster enough strength to throw.

Flashlight237 said:
Now how come Togome's weak af, anyway? She looks more capable than Mr. Burns and Authority (in fact, she looks like just about any other anime girl).
Well, unless most anime girls can die by a normal rabbit, get blown around by gusts of winds and can die by gently falling over, i don't think she can be classified as one.

Togame can (barely) support the weight of her blade with difficulty (though she cannot use it as a weapon effectively due to being too weak to actually swing it), so I think she could use a rock about the size of her palm if she tried to lift it with both of her hands (katanas are actually heavier than you would expect. Hers was estimated in her match against Burns to be marginally lighter than a bowling ball). The question is if she could throw accurately enough to knock the sloth out of the tree. Has she ever been shown throwing...anything? She does have subsonic reactions. Could those be of any use in trying to get the sloth down to her level? If not, how much sustenance does she need? Could she survive in the forest long enough for the sloth to either starve or be forced to leave the tree for food?

Togame can (barely) support the weight of her blade with difficulty (though she cannot use it as a weapon effectively due to being too weak to actually swing it), so I think she could use a rock about the size of her palm if she tried to lift it with both of her hands (katanas are actually heavier than you would expect. Hers was estimated in her match against Burns to be marginally lighter than a bowling ball). The question is if she could throw accurately enough to knock the sloth out of the tree. Has she ever been shown throwing...anything? She does have subsonic reactions. Could those be of any use in trying to get the sloth down to her level? If not, how much sustenance does she need? Could she survive in the forest long enough for the sloth to either starve or be forced to leave the tree for food?
Her subsonic reactions would be useful on perceiving the Sloth movements and dodging any attack attemp on her, but not... you know, doing actual attacks/movements.

As for throwing anything... well, she didn't. I imagine she could throw the rocks, but they would have the same accuracy and speed as, say, a 6-year-old kid trying to throw an real bowling ball. The actual weigth of the rocks will have enough power to knock out the Sloth, even if it takes multiple ones, the question is whether or not she could hit the Sloth with them in the first place.

Her actual sustenance is about the same as a normal human, albeit a lazy one. Only if she actually tries doing anything she will get tired quickly. That's where her intelect might come in handy if she needs to think out a way to outlast the Sloth. I dunno how a Sloth sustenance compares to a normal human though.

Botchede said:
I dunno how a Sloth sustenance compares to a normal human though.
Bruh.: "Sloths sleep for 15-18 hours a day and are only active for brief periods of time"

Flashlight237 said:
Botchede said:
I dunno how a Sloth sustenance compares to a normal human though.
Bruh.: "Sloths sleep for 15-18 hours a day and are only active for brief periods of time"
Welp, derp. I guess this makes her... slight better than a Sloth them? I mean, if she just waits out i think she can outlast them.

She's a genius, so she should be able to find food to sustain herself. Is water that easy to find in a forest? If she can find stuff to keep herself alive until it dies or comes out of the tree, she should be able to win. Actually overpowering the sloth should be simple enough. As cartoonishly weak as she is, I doubt that she wouldn't be able to simply crush it, either by stepping on it or dropping a rock on it. She might not be a match for a rabbit, but sloths are way slower, weaker, and low on energy than rabbits. If nothing else, she could likely kick it to death.

She's a genius, so she should be able to find food to sustain herself. Is water that easy to find in a forest? If she can find stuff to keep herself alive until it dies or comes out of the tree, she should be able to win. Actually overpowering the sloth should be simple enough. As cartoonishly weak as she is, I doubt that she wouldn't be able to simply crush it, either by stepping on it or dropping a rock on it. She might not be a match for a rabbit, but sloths are way slower, weaker, and low on energy than rabbits. If nothing else, she could likely kick it to death.
Is that a vote for her?

I doubt Togame is actually strong enough to kill the Sloth, but the sloth would literally take half a week to even make it to the battlefield so I'm pretty sure it's self bfred from the start.

Keeweed said:
I doubt Togame is actually strong enough to kill the Sloth, but the sloth would literally take half a week to even make it to the battlefield so I'm pretty sure it's self bfred from the start.
So, a vote for her?

Yeah, but this may actually be a stomp. I mean the forest may just randomly kill Togame due to a strong gust of wind or something, but at least she can actually walk to the battlefield: I don't even think the Sloth can actually make it to the fight in time.

Okay, I know that sloths are slow, but are they really that slow? Why would it take them half a week to climb down a tree and travel 5 meters? Even turtles, slugs, and snails would speedblitz that kind of speed. Also, I thought that BFR required a week or two of lasting effects to count as a win condition.

See the "they only poop once a week" weakness on their profile. That's there because it literally takes them that long to get down the tree. Sloths are slower than snails. The top speed of a sloth is 0.003 miles per hour while a snail is 0.3 mph; a snail is 100 times faster and that's one of the slowest snails ever.

Also self bfr does not require the opponent to do anything, the sloth actually has to make it to the fight.

Okay, I know that sloths are slow, but are they really that slow?
I mean they are agile swimmers, though by how much is the real question.

Wow. Outside of immobile characters, sloths may just be the slowest beings listed on this wiki. How do they eat or drink? If everything said is accurate, I'm amazed they are able to stay alive.

Anyway, the question is if Togame can outlive a sloth without leaving the forest.

I mean the sloth is equally as likely to mistake it's arm for a branch and fall to its death (because that's also something they do) so I'm pretty sure the chances the forest kill these two equal out and it just goes down to if the sloth can actually make it to the fight before it self bfrs itself.

Wow. Not only are they slow and weak, but stupid too. Togame at least has the smarts and speed here, clearly. I would say she should outlive, but are forests with sloths filled with predators that could kill her before either her or the sloth die? How long can sloths live without coming down?

Sloths can survive for a pretty long time as they have very slow metabolisms (so it won't starve or die of thirst), and a predator killing either of them would be outside help technically. However both of these opponents can die from a random branch falling on them or a bad gust of wind so I'm not sure if the environment kills them or not. Can a match even be added if both opponents died to a regular forest before they even got close to each other?

Keeweed said:
Can a match even be added if both opponents died to a regular forest before they even got close to each other?
I think that's called an inconclusive... Speaking of, I vote inconclusive due to this recent debate.

But like neither of the characters did anything to cause that. It just seems strange to have a match be inconclusive because the environment itself killed them before the two opponents could actually even fight each other. This isn't like the Saltborn where the island he gains his resurrection from also passively steals the opponents soul: this is a regular forest and one of the opponents death conditions is mistaking their arm for a branch and falling to their death. I think this maybe the first time an even environment (SBA environment) literally stomped both opponents.

Ahem, the idea of the forest was just to provide a familiar place for the Sloth to fight and give it some chance. I didn't even take into account that the opponents might end being knocked out by it - specially since the idea that a gust of wind would kill Togame during the fight is a bit of random factor that comes out of nowhere and was not stated at all in the fight profile.

A familiar place for a sloth is literally a death trap for it. Sloths only managed to survive as long as they've had due to sheer luck.

A blank white void would honestly be better for both of these opponents: in which case Togame wins as the sloth would literally never be able to reach her due to moving at 0.003 mph (though the profile says they can move 0.15 mph but it doesn't link anything and everything I've found says 0.003; however, it honestly doesn't matter because the sloth is still moving less than 1 mph at max).

Back