• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A simple question i cannot find an answer anywhere

noninho

He/Him
How big of a difference in AP from the durability is enough to kill?

For the example I want to get an answer for: the opponent got incapped and bleeding hard for a no-calc-wall-level (so, baseline, 15kJ), so he downscales to that. And the character I'm defending has a move that has no calc for but is comparable/compared to a hit of 22kJ, 1,4666666x or 46,67% higher than the baseline who ****** him. Is that enough to kill?

And: how big of a gap is enough for a character to get hurt or not?

In the same example above, the guy with that 22kJ hit has only street level for his other hits, no calc, so 300J. But considering that his opponent got ****** by the hit that, until this day, has 15kJ of force, is 300J not enough to hurt the other guy?

not a simple question, to the point where we literally dont know, for the sake of vs threads its 7.5 right now, since thats the (former) gap between baseline average human and baseline street tier, but its (likely) in the process of being changed right now because its not really accurate

As the opposite person to @noninho in the argument that prompted this thread in the first place, I need to ask a question of my own:

How far into 9B does Power from Chainsaw Man scale?

From my evidence, Power is far stronger than Baseline 9B since she can tear apart a massive bear, said bear is similar size if not larger larger than the largest Grizzlys in history (Power's 5 foot 6 and she's tiny compared to the bear to the point that her sitting in the scene is barely larger than its head). Smaller bears have been shown to 1 shot Moose and Wrestle with Bulls, of which Moose can Output 46k to 85k joules via charging, and can survive said charging from other members of its own species

Is this correct in any sense?

Last edited:
Getting what's been in my head since 14 days ago solved would be cool, even if it means Buzz losing (I hope not)

Back