• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A scary statue fights a small plant to the death

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Budew vs SCP-173

Speed equal.

Budew already looked into its eyes and broke contact. That exact instant is when Budew is aware of the fight and the match starts.

406Budew DP anime 2
Smol Plant

SCP-173 would technically be a Rock type, right? And considering that Budew has that over him, he could do a lot of damage. Also, SCP-173's killing tactics are targeted at humans, and wouldn't work on a creature like Budew. In short, Budew would take it handily.

173 would be a rock/steel type, and there's no reason why 173 wouldnt be able to kill Budew via its normal methods

Well, not game mechanics. Types and their respective advantages and weaknesses are 100% canon. But the SCP wouldn't have a type. If anything, it'd be Ghost or Normal.

Not really.... Water does put out fire, right? I don't see how Pokemon advantages and disadvantages can't translate to other verses.

@DMUA. It's a one way street. Here's the example I always use:

A Charizard fights Juvia in one timeline and Gajeel in another. He's taking double damage from Juvia, and half from Gajeel. Water is water and metal is metal. However, he's doing the same fire damage to both of them, as they don't have the same typing scale as Pokémon.

WeeklyBattles said:
Plus, Budew has all of six attacks, none of which can actually...do anything to 173.
Well, we do consider eff moves viable now, so well more than 6. (If you're asking why it's not on there, no way in hell am I going though all the non legendary Pokémon profiles and adding a ton of moves. Heck, I still didn't change most of their speeds to MHS+ yet ovo)

Seeing how speed is equalized and they are the same tier (unless SCP-173 is way stronger than I'm giving him credit for, don't know what placement in Wall level they each are), Budew would probably survive an assault by SCP-173. Also, it has way more attacking time, seeing how as soon as it regains eye contact the SCP would stop approaching or attacking while Budew would probably just heal itself with Synthesis. It'd then attack with Giga Drain, Extrasensory, or Pin Missile, and if those aren't working as well as it'd use Growth to make them more powerful, and they should all work if they work something like Porygon.

Unless the tier difference is the equivelant of a literal budding flower trying to break down a literal brick wall I don't see Budew losing this.

Absorb, Mega Drain, and Giga Drain wont do much on something that doesnt have a life force

Water Sport does literally nothing here

Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Worry Seed, Cotton Spore, and Grass Whistle wont do against something that doesnt sleep and doesnt need to move its limbs or body to move

Mind Reader wont do anything as 173 doesnt have a brain

That leaves Growth, Extrasensory, Leaf Storm, Natural Gift, Pin Missile, Razor Leaf, Seed Bomb, Spikes, and Synthesis which will actually be useful here

"A Pokémon that consists entirely of programming code. Capable of moving freely in cyberspace." ~ Porygon's Red and Yellow Pokedex entry. All of Budew's moves work on a Porygon, and I doubt it has a lifeforce or a conventional brain.

@Ever In hindsight, you're probably right. My bad.

Still though, the same general strategy should work, just with Leaf Storm, Razor Leaf, Spikes, and Seed Bomb added to the list of available moves. It still has a viable healing option in Synthesis, and Spikes could actually be incredibly detrimental to the SCP because it would restrict it from going in a straight path to Budew without taking damage, and in a speed equalized battle it isn't moving very far in a single blink.

Back