• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A quick Cooler revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
cooler already has RE as a result of the big gete star, there's nothing about the scan which suggests it was copied (also you linked it in japanese without subs)
and to quote your scan
"And you can do it too?"
meaning that he seems to have already had it before he knew goku did, ironically being an extremely solid piece of evidence against your point

as such, hard disagree against everything you presented in the OP
OIP.vN4OtlGlToiBXUeOEcwiDgHaGG

it's time to do battle once more

cooler already has RE as a result of the big gete star, there's nothing about the scan which suggests it was copied (also you linked it in japanese without subs)
and to quote your scan
"And you can do it too?"
meaning that he seems to have already had it before he knew goku did, ironically being an extremely solid piece of evidence against your point
That still doesn't mean he had it before fighting Goku. Especially when Cooler saw Goku using IT several times in the first movie, yet only now, years later he suddenly is surprised that Goku knows it

And in the first movie Cooler did not have this ability, nor did he had any time to learn it himself because, he was nearly dead (and with barely any of his body left( before merging with the Big Gete Star, and he had no information about how Goku did it and where he learned it

1. How Cooler obtained Instant Transmission is unknown. By the time of Cooler's Revenge, Goku had already been taught the technique, but he never teleported, meaning the Big Gete Star had no frame of reference. But by the time of Return of Cooler, Metal Cooler was already familiar with the technique.
  2. Reactive Evolution?

Can you provide more clear scans or videos. Or explain why the videos in question is him copying?

The Instant Transmission doesn't mention any copying. In fact he says "What? Then you can do it too?"

That implies Cooler just knows the same technique and is shocked that Goku knows about it as well.

The second one doesn't have any translation or sub so I can't really tell what is happening.

I fully admit to not being a expert but I believe a CRT should provide proper proof for abilities.

My apologies, not trying to offend anyone. I'd just like more information, since I'm not seeing any mention of copying.

Can you provide more clear scans or videos. Or explain why the videos in question is him copying?

The Instant Transmission doesn't mention any copying. In fact he says "What? Then you can do it too?"
Cooler already saw him use IT in the first movie, thus he shouldn't be surprised Goku knows IT, meaning that the question makes no sense
That implies Cooler just knows the same technique and is shocked that Goku knows about it as well
Again, Cooler saw him do it in the first movie

Going to be honest, that little scene between metal cooler and Goku about instant transmission, directly contradicts the idea that Cooler got it from Goku. I don't know if that's a plot hole or something if Goku used it before, but nothing in that scene supports Cooler learning instant transmission from copying Goku at all. I don't think that's actual support for your point.

What Rusty said about the untranslated japanese scene is also spot on, currently we got nothing going on that indicates what happened there was Cooler copying Goku's Zenkai boost.

So as it stands, I'm gonna reject this.

That still doesn't mean he had it before fighting Goku. Especially when Cooler saw Goku using IT several times in the first movie, yet only now, years later he suddenly is surprised that Goku knows it
Well from my knowledge he got his ass kicked before, on top of that being a metal clone of him, so maybe some memory loss and failed translation to meta cooler occured along the line. Or, the authors just forgot. Or maybe he didn't care to bring it up at this point since that's a video of his beatdown that you sent. Either way, even if the authors forgot or something, the line still undoubtedly exist and directly implies that cooler didn't just steal it from goku.

Cooler already saw him use IT in the first movie, thus he shouldn't be surprised Goku knows IT, meaning that the question makes no sense
Assuming that is indeed Instant Transmission and not fast movement, that would be fine. You should link that in the OP and not assume people are already aware of it. Once again I'm not trying to offend, I'd just like to have all of the information.

However are we certain he is using IT there? I'm not fully sold on that? His reaction in the movie also makes it seem like he's shocked Goku could use it. And Goku himself explained the ability as if Cooler had never seen it before.

Well from my knowledge he got his ass kicked before, on top of that being a metal clone of him,
The Meta Cooler's are directly controlled by the Meta Cooler core, which is what remained of the original Cooler after he fused with the Big Gete Star. This is also why he went after Goku in the first place
so maybe some memory loss and failed translation to meta cooler occured along the line. Or, the authors just forgot.
Headcanon
Or maybe he didn't care to bring it up at this point since that's a video of his beatdown that you sent. Either way, even if the authors forgot or something, the line still undoubtedly exist and directly implies that cooler didn't just steal it from goku.
More headcanon + Regardless, Cooler should still see it and he should not be surprised Goku can teleport when he already showed him he can teleport before

The issue here is, Cooler does not at all recognize instant transmission, Which isn't working like instant transmission should but that can be ignored for now cause maybe that's just the movies. If he learned it from Goku, then he shouldn't have any confusion on either what Goku did or Goku knowing it himself. The scene in question, disproves the source being Goku.

Also, ON TOP of all the issues I already listed, even IF cooler got IT from goku, considering db techniques use a universal energy system, there's absolutely no evidence that he didn't just learn it on his own time as opposed to having saw it once and being able to mimic it from that interaction that he clearly wasn't caring about when it happened for the first time.
This is not going to be accepted.
The Meta Cooler's are directly controlled by the Meta Cooler core, which is what remained of the original Cooler after he fused with the Big Gete Star. This is also why he went after Goku in the first place
Biologically speaking, extreme trauma to the head can result in memory loss, and damn he doesn't look so good in that pic on his profile, but I digress.
The reason why meta cooler didn't know it from goku isn't important, what's important is that he didn't know it from goku.

The issue here is, Cooler does not at all recognize instant transmission, Which isn't working like instant transmission should but that can be ignored for now cause maybe that's just the movies. If he learned it from Goku, then he shouldn't have any confusion on either what Goku did or Goku knowing it himself. The scene in question, disproves the source being Goku.
Cooler did not recognize it in the first movie, but he is still aware that Goku can teleport. He then realized it's IT when they fought again after he becamec Meta-Cooler

Quick wiki check but.

Cooler's first movie came out in July 20, 1991.

While Instant Transmission was first shown in Chapter 336 in August 6, 1991.

So how can Goku be using Instant Transmission in the first movie? Can I see some confirmation that he is indeed using Instant Transmission and not just the normal fast movement. Since Cooler wasn't even phased by Goku moving like that, yet as Metal Cooler he was shocked to see him teleport.

Cooler did not recognize it in the first movie, but he is still aware that Goku can teleport. He then realized it's IT when they fought again after he becamec Meta-Cooler
He didn't realize it, Goku told him. And then he stated being surprised Goku knew the techinque. He could not have copied it from Goku, we have evidence directly contradicting that.

Disagree because of Duedate's reasoning. Also, according to Cooler's profile, his strength increase is granted by the Big Gete Star

Reactive Evolution (Whenever he repairs his body, the Big Gete Star quickly analyzes him and makes it so that the ability used to harm or destroy him the last time will not work anymore, as well as greatly heightens his power so he can respond better to physical damage)

Quick wiki check but.

So how can Goku be using Instant Transmission in the first movie? Can I see some confirmation that he is indeed using Instant Transmission and not just the normal fast movement. Since Cooler wasn't even phased by Goku moving like that, yet as Metal Cooler he was shocked to see him teleport.
This, and their entire battle up until Goku became a Super Saiyan was a battle of High-Speed Movement, with the point of Goku being incapable of tracking Cooler being made several times throughout the fight. Besides, there was not a single Ki signature in the entire area for Goku to lock onto in order to use Instant Transmission, especially not in the particular spot he traveled to.

He didn't realize it, Goku told him. And then he stated being surprised Goku knew the techinque. He could not have copied it from Goku, we have evidence directly contradicting that.
Again, Cooler saw Goku teleporting. He knew about the teleportation since he directly saw Goku do it

Looks alright
ok let me show you
the video in the OP very directly shows that cooler didn't learn it from goku, he practically states this fact since he doesn't even know goku has it
see below
and to quote your scan
"And you can do it too?"

as such, hard disagree against everything you presented in the OP
OIP.vN4OtlGlToiBXUeOEcwiDgHaGG
and also see below
Quick wiki check but.

we have proof that this entire crt's basis is chronologically completely impossible
and also:
Disagree because of Duedate's reasoning. Also, according to Cooler's profile, his strength increase is granted by the Big Gete Star
we have objective proof that the RE was not copied either

what I'm saying is, it's physically impossible for you to agree with the thread, so no, it does not look alright at all
one of the linked videos isn't even in english

Nvm, the other comments make sense. Seems more like it's unknown how he actually learned it and more implied it was added by Big Gete Star's programming

Nvm, the other comments make sense. Seems more like it's unknown how he actually learned it and more implied it was added by Big Gete Star's programming
Though how would he learn it without Goku being there? He doesn't know about Yardrat and he did not have it in the first movie

there's probably someone else in the universe with IT
Who? And also, to say that he copied it from someone else that we have no proof existing and not Goku who he already fought before is very much leaning into headcanon territory
+ the movies take place in another dimension so there's that too
The movie's universe still doesn't change the fact that it came from Yardrat

Because Cooler doesn't posessed this ability in the first movie, and was pretty much dead until the second, there's no way he could'ce learned it

We don't know. That's just the truth of the matter. What we do know is that it can't be from Goku
There's no one else aside from Goku where he could copy it from, especially when he was dead the entire time before coming back as Meta-Cooler in the second movie

Because Cooler doesn't posessed this ability in the first movie, and was pretty much dead until the second, there's no way he could'ce learned it
well what we have in your "evidence" is a definitive statement from cooler making it clear that he didn't learn it from goku, and there's a good chance that he didn't even use IT in the first movie since that came from before the move EVEN EXISTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back