• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question regarding a power

I probably would need more detail about how the power works to be sure, but... Energy or Matter Manipulation, might be close enough? Perhaps Attack Reflection, Physics Manipulation, or even minor Reality Warping may also apply?

For my character, he essentially can distort anything his hands come into contact with, save for living beings. Is that enough or you need more details?

"Distort" in what way? Does it simply warp and change the shape of the physical mass? Or is it like, warping the spatial fabric these physical constructs occupy?

My character's use of the power also works a bit similarly to the abilities of Midnight/Macbeth from Fairy Tail and Accelerator from the Index series, so I guess we can throw some of theirs in as well. The way in which he earls matter just made me unsure at first.

Physics and Energy Manipulation, then, too. Those, with Matter Manipulation, are probably a good enough summation of that power.

It's no problem.

Something I should ask: is this guy the only one in his world that can do this? If somebody else had this power or a similar power, and tried using it on him in some way, or if somebody reflected it, or otherwise made it so that he was its new target, would your character just kind of get crumpled up/distorted? Or can he resist powers like these to some degree?

The ability only works on inorganic materials, so he wouldn't get distorted, he'd just be the new target of whatever projectile was sent back at him. Also, so far he's the only one who possesses this ability in his verse.

Well, yes. I was just talking a hypothetical, trying to figure out whether or not this character would be considered resistant to his own powerset and such, is all.

Back