• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about time stop..

Their suppose to be beyond all time and space so I don't think so. However I'm not sure myself so I want to know as well.

Normally, no, such a thing should be plain impossible.

However, for characters who get 1-A through reality-fiction (like SCP), the higher reality may also have time that can be stopped, and I think Imineko has someone that can time stop 1-Qs just because.

Seems more like causality or law-hax than time-stop, since normally doing so is impossible in a 1-A plane of existence.

Isnt it explicitly law hax since that is the law he overwrites the world with? Or something like that I am not extremely well-versed in DI.

Everything in DI is law hax based. Ren's time stop is more like 'stopping everything'. You could say that or... Well, it works on conceptual type 1. He can stop Hajun's law or whatever.

Basically it doesn't matter if time exist or not, everything will just stop.

Iirc ren's law is about stopping change from happening,time is essential for change to occur therefore he stops time as a byproduct of stopping change or something like that

Featherine didn't stop time in the City of Books, it's more like she stopped the literal plot of Umineko as she is the author.

Battler can fight in stopped time and was even stopped by this, it is even referred to as 'rather than time stopping, it was more like the flipping pages of a book had stopped'.

Screenshot 2020-05-02-18-00-48

Because these characters dont actually transcend the concept of time.Simple.Vswiki is too big brain to realise this for some reason

Tenma Yato (Ren Fuji) ability is to stop time in all realms and dimensions, including dimensions where time (Throne) doesn't exist.

"Res Novae - Also Sprach Zarathustra: (A tale of transcendence - The tale of the new world) The manifestation of Ren's Law, his desire being "I want to enjoy this moment forever". After activation, time, in all levels of existence, are completely frozen, even in areas where time in all its forms does not exist (such as the Throne). This puts a complete stop to everything in existence, whether it is a simple action, manipulation of reality, or so on. No one dies and nothing is lost, but no new life is created as Ren's Law prevents any changes that occur in existence. This passive ability also appears through an extension known as "Time Armor", where Ren is also capable of completely negating change (making all damage done to him effectively null unless the opponent's power is equal to or outright exceeds Ren's). The Time Armor even allowed him to halt Hajun's Law from being completed for over 8,000 years, only stopping because of his own death (Albeit Hajun was significantly weakened due to having absorbed a vast quantity of souls and was not paying any attention to Ren's existence throughout all that time)."

Ignore @darksmash

Mercurius was said to have even time as a concept meant "very little" to Mercurius and Mercurius' Law gave birth to Methuselah, an Aristotelian concept that governs the entire reality of darkness.

In Masada's context Law is greater than > concepts, but in some other fictions I have seen concept and Law are the same.

It depends on the creator's interpretation. D@arksmash says that you can't use that said concept if that being transcends that concept, which sounds like nitpick when Mxy has done that before...

>High 1-A/0

>Not transcending time

Thonking
I mean yes.Do people here even know what time is lmao. @Chasekilleen just shut up

Well technically, you can be 1-A or even High 1-A without transcending time, provided that you're cosmology dabbles in some high-level mathematics. But yeah, more often than not, these characters are in these tiers via transcending time and space on all levels existentially.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
I think the issue here is you not understanding how the system works. Time is irrelevant for a 1-A already, let alone High 1-A or 0
They...just go into higher forms of subjective or objective time.Is that too hard to realise?Need someone to spoonfed it to you?

@Dark

Hey, since you feel that how we do things is incorrect, ever thought of making a thread to actually discuss those standards and how they could be changed instead of whining about them here?

Planck69 said:
@Dark

Hey, since you feel that how we do things is incorrect, ever thought of making a thread to actually discuss those standards and how they could be changed instead of whining about them here?
I am not whining.I am talking about time on a thread related to time

.....using standards that we currently do not use for time. Especially for 1-As and above.

Planck69 said:
.....using standards that we currently do not use for time. Especially for 1-As and above.
So is it like completely banned to even speak a word that goes against what the system says?Man I didnt know that

Darksmash said:
Planck69 said:
So is it like completely banned to even speak a word that goes against what the system says?Man I didnt know that
Nice strawman. If you have different points that do not fit to your standards, you can debate them in a CRT to justify your point (and if it gets accepted), not here

Until there, drop the issue

No, you can speak about the standards. However this thread is made with our current standards in mind. If you want to change or discuss them, make another thread for this.

Nice strawman. If you have different points that do not fit to your standards, you can debate them in a CRT to justify your point (and if it gets accepted), not here

Until there, drop the issue

I dont see the issue in talking about time in a thread related to time,but whatever you say man.

Ren's "time stop" isnt time stop it just functions similar to Time Stop, he uses his Law to stop any sort of "Change" enforcing it across all of Creation.

And before you say "Well they're supposed to transcend change" no character in all of fiction has been shown to not experience any change what so ever, even the supposedly "Omnipotents" technically change one way or another.

To get back to my point on Ren's Law, simply boiling it down to just "time stop" shows you dont know what you're talking about.

Also all you seem to be doing is trying to start shit not just "talking about time in a thread related to time".

PsychoWarper said:
Ren's "time stop" isnt time stop it just functions similar to Time Stop, he uses his Law to stop any sort of "Change" enforcing it across all of Creation.

And before you say "Well they're supposed to transcend change" no character in all of fiction has been shown to not experience any change what so ever, even the supposedly "Omnipotents" technically change one way or another.

To get back to my point on Ren's Law, simply boiling it down to just "time stop" shows you dont know what you're talking about.

Also all you seem to be doing is trying to start shit not just "talking about time in a thread related to time".
May I ask you to define "Time" for me and also explain how "Change" can occur without "Time"? And characters can technically transcend change if the authors are clever enough to use avatars instead of the actual character

"And characters can technically transcend change if the authors are clever enough to use avatars instead of the actual character"

Yes they technically can but I have yet to see someone actually succesfully do so for any character thats appeared more than once.

Alright lets just go with this, the way a Law works is that it enforces the users desire onto reality rewritting all of existence to fit into said desire so how ever it worked prior doesnt apply, Ren wants to stop everything and overwrites everything causing them to simply stop.

We even have a note for this "Note 4: The true effects of Ren's Atziluth is enforcing his own concept of "eternal stagnation" or "eternal standstill" on everything in his domain, preventing any change from occurring. While it has been described as stopping time, that is simply due to the laws resemblance to it and thus should not be treated as just stopping time."

Ren is basically enforcing to concept of stagnation upon all of creation.

>Yes they technically can but I have yet to see someone actually succesfully do so for any character thats appeared more than once.

Ahem

>Ren is basically enforcing to concept of stagnation upon all of creation

That sounds pretty fricking cool ngl,im liking ren more and more. I Should really continue reading DI

PsychoWarper said:
Yes they technically can but I have yet to see someone actually succesfully do so for any character thats appeared more than once.
Umm I think lovecraft seemingly handles this fairly wel-oh wait already got ninjaed on this one

Planck69 said:
>Yes they technically can but I have yet to see someone actually succesfully do so for any character thats appeared more than once.

Ahem
Even they technically do things which could be called change.

Except they don't. Everything we see them "do" is merely an imperfect perception of these beings. In their truest state, they exist beyond all boundaries,size and change, as change is a function of lesser minds trying to comprehend reality. Not a single canon story has the Archetypes doing anything at all.

Yeah, those fractals are still part of perspective.

Though technically you could wank everyone in the Mythos to have Type 5 Acausality via change not being real.

Back