• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about Legend of Zelda scaling

So conservation of energy and tropes. I was looking more for the other characters that somehow contended with these god like beings being stated in the narrative to be incapable of actually contending with them.

Your common sense isn't another's common sense. That can't be more true with this hobby that frankly fails to actually function if you hold it under a microscope. I ignore conservation of energy. SD.net was/is anal retentive about it. You haven't actually given me a definitive wrong, mostly citing conservation of energy. Hell if I want to see it myself given the cancerous male periphery fandom, but eh, if that's how shit goes down where I normally post ultimately, so be it *shrugs* (granted, so long as I can avoid contradicting myself on another series with arguments I field, I'd happily oppose it)

Then again, the major difference here is ultimately ideology

I'll cite feats I hate or feel wrong to me to avoid hypocrisy and ultimately trying to keep this hobby streamlined. That doesn't appear to be your thing. To each their own in that regard.

Hobby's a mess and a headache worth of bullshit either way.

@Pikachu Celestia is rotating the Sun around the Earth, yes. That is the entire point. And a solar eclipse does not automatically mean that the size differences are as ridiculously large as for our own sun and moon.

@ChaosTheory123 Well, I am very tired, but basically all that I am saying is that if all other instances of a setting (For example, Tirek was arguably the most powerful character in the show, and his strongest attacks against Twilight didn't even bust mountains) contradict a certain feat scaling to absolutely everything, it seems illogical to use it for this purpose. We can however note it as a specific special ability.

Take James Jaspers versus the Fury for example. Jaspers possessed a multi-universal scale of power at the time, yet never used anywhere near this intensity of "multiple big bangs going off at once inside it" power against it (he possibly could have, but he did not). He simply moved it to the sun or ocean if I remember correctly, and two Captain Britain corps characters were able to finish it off afterwards. We cannot automatically scale the Fury to multi-universal scale because of it.

Well, its more of a since they're using a geocentric model for a planet, we can't necessarily use standard assumptions about celestial object size to judge the feats

Well, the sun at any rate

Geocentric still accounted for our moon when we used it IIRC

@Antvasima - Wish I was tired, damn insomnia...

Anyway, don't want to keep you. I'm mostly just picking your brain to see where you all are coming from anyway

Not exactly expecting to agree on criteria :maybe

Back