• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about Legend of Zelda scaling

Why are we scaling to Majora when it's Multi-Continental feat is because of magic (Similar to those MLP feats)?

And Demise being stated to have the power to destroy the world seems like hyperbole.

I'm used to clowns plugging their ears and running away when I break their spirits

Now that I know who I'm dealing with, I'll just sit back and watch him implode :hmm

I apologize to the mods in advance if I'm being too "mean spirited" about this, feel free to dole out whatever kind of punishment you see fit *shrugs*

He gave you the answer. Whether he was rude or not, you making a new thread about it just makes it look like you're throwing a tantrum about being wrong.

Promestein said:
He gave you the answer. Whether he was rude or not, you making a new thread about it just makes it look like you're throwing a tantrum about being wrong.
I'm asking a question.

Hyperception 2 said:
I'm asking a question.
a) You didn't have to make a new thread about it.

b) And he gave you an answer.

ChaosTheory123 said:
I'm used to clowns plugging their ears and running away when I break their spirits
Now that I know who I'm dealing with, I'll just sit back and watch him implode :hmm

I apologize to the mods in advance if I'm being too "mean spirited" about this, feel free to dole out whatever kind of punishment you see fit *shrugs*
I'm pretty sure you're fine.

So

Do you have a rebuttal?

Or can we start calling Dragon Ball city block level due to magic hax being the only reason they blow planets up? :hmm

I mean, like I said, them androids never used ki and fail to blow planets up all the time

Only people that have ki can bust a planet, ergo, it must be magic hax like you're touting the TK in Zelda to be

I can come up with a good few dozen more examples on the fly if you're not convinced buddy? :hmm

ChaosTheory123 said:
So
Do you have a rebuttal?

Or can we start calling Dragon Ball city block level due to magic hax being the only reason they blow planets up? :hmm

I mean, like I said, them androids never used ki and fail to blow planets up all the time

Only people that have ki can bust a planet, ergo, it must be magic hax like you're touting the TK in Zelda to be

I can come up with a good few dozen more examples on the fly if you're not convinced buddy? :hmm
I'm not trying to downgrade anything.

So you're just ignorant and lacking knowledge

That's no big deal

I'm down with that

What about my answer didn't satisfy your curiousity dude?

ChaosTheory123 said:
That's no big deal

I'm down with that

Well i don't play LoZ

No. I'll wait for someone else to answer.

ChaosTheory123 said:
That's no big deal

I'm down with that

shhh my boy dont get banned we'll answer everything

@Hyper

You know, the person being rude is not remotely good enough of a reason to ignore absolutely everything they say.

Hyperception 2 said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
That's no big deal

I'm down with that

Well i don't play LoZ
No. I'll wait for someone else to answer.
Now you're REALLY starting to act like a child throwing a tantrum please stop

SomebodyStupid said:
shhh my boy dont get banned we'll answer everything
Being fair, it'd be a first that's probably overdue seeing as I've never been banned anywhere on a real basis

2011, for 3 days, on NF

For calling someone as dense as a blackhole

When I've said much more vitriolic things :skully

Can someone clarify how asking if someone's a hypocrite or ignorant is an insult though?

Hypocrisy in this hobby needs pointing out to avoid double standards because this hobby will fail to function. Ignorance is just a lack of knowledge. Spouting nonsense is a symptom

Neither are issues for they're not done with malicious intent

I'm not great with people, I'm way too blunt, but what was so insulting? :hmm

Hyper. He has answered your question. He was a bit rude about it, but not enough to get a block. Stop removing the threads without due reason.

That said, I do agree with you that certain feats such as the ones for My Little Pony's Princess Celestia moving the Sun (which rotates around the Earth in this world, so it here seems to be the same size as the moon) are very specific and do not automatically translate into attack potency, much less physical statistics.

I am not well informed about Majora however, so I have no idea whether or not it is a glass cannon case.

Antvasima said:
I am not well informed about Majora however, so I have no idea whether or not it is a glass cannon case.
Answered on the thread on my wall. Majora is not a physical being, but a spiritual/magical one. All of its stats come from the same source. As for the moon drop, Majora's Mask tanks the drop in the very center (in the bad ending), and is the only thing left completely unharmed.

Antvasima said:
That said, I do agree with you that certain feats such as the ones for My Little Pony's Princess Celestia moving the Sun (which rotates around the Earth in this world, so it here seems to be the same size as the moon) are very specific and do not automatically translate into attack potency
Tangent, because I go on those when I spot something that makes me curious

What's your basis for this otherwise arbitrary ruling?

Call the feats an outlier if you must, but if the bitch can move a moon sized star, that's kinetic energy and a measurable physical phenomena. Nothing about it is hax unless the magic system rules this kind of manipulation as some kind of spatial/time manipulation (like with all things space/time, out right ******* with the tapestry isn't quantifiable on any scale we currently have knowledge of, thus hax) as opposed to just tugging the mass around in the sky at some speed.

If no such stipulation exists in story proper, you're reading too much into something with no actual justification is what I'm getting at

Because it completely contradicts Celestia's othervise displayed combat abilities. Hence moving the sun (albeit apparently a Moon-sized one), or her equal Luna moving the Moon, can be listed as a specific abilities with that rating, but it must also be noted that she cannot remotely use this scale for practical combat purposes.

As you said, hax is the wrong word for it, but it is not uncommon in fiction that characters who are capable of a specific high-end feat are still treated as comparatively easy to physically deal with by more street-level adversaries. We should preferably not indiscriminately scale all statistics to specific powers that are not treated as capable of being used for anything else. Fiction is not always logical regarding this point.

What contradicts it? Because if you're going to give me examples of conservation of energy?

You're going to need to overhaul a few hundred, if not thousand of your profiles with that logic to avoid double standards

What makes someone "street level" exacfly? Outside of Marvel, I'm not privy to many series bothering to establish such fixed tiers. Just comes off as selective perception and usage of conservation of energy to me.

If character A with a lack of flashy feats can fight and kill character B that has flashy feats and the narrative doesn't lend to contradicting character A's ability to do so outside of not being flashy or over the top looking, perception of that character as a lower fixed tier is also arbitrary.

Well, nobody in the entire history of the entire MLPFIM cartoon has ever displayed anything remotely approaching Moon level attack potency, so yes it seems to be a very specific glass cannon ability that is not useful for anything else. It is a fairy tale setting, and does not necessarily make sense in terms of consistency.

I would technically like to overhaul all profiles to use more common sense in this regard, but unfortunately we do not remotely have the resources/manpower/time & energy, or necessary knowledge to systematically go through all of them. I am extremely strained enough as it is from just monitoring hundreds of edits a day. Regardless, several wrong do not make a right, so I am not going to allow Solar System level My Little Pony characters.

I just want to say in this conversation there's no evidence the sun is the same size as the moon when 1.There is a solar eclipse in the show, meaning they are of different distances from the planet and the sun is larger than the moon, and 2.It is not rotating around the Earth, it is being pulled Telekinetically by Celestia.

Just wanted to point that out. Not saying anything else on the topic.

Back