• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If time is a 4D construct (which other 4D beings/objects can logically interact with as physical matter), then how is percieving concepts like space and time as physical objects 5D?

Probably like we can't, since no one really know about how 5D is looks like other than for 5D being to us its just like we the real people to fiction.

Well, personally I thought that universal space-time was 4-Dimensional.

After I think About this technically we live in 4D space-time, so that is probably why we can perceiving 4D thing, but for 5D we can't even imagine them.

You can travel forwards and backwards in time, but are stricitly bound by that universe (4D) or set of events that happen. Comparing to 5D you are comparing two similar universes using space and time.

So interacting with a time machine you are travelling in time but you are only travelling within your universe or that timeline where a set fixed set of events happens and you can change it. In the 5th dimension you are comparing the differences between our Earth and an Earth in a different universe that is similar but naturaly different.

Basically:

4D - By traveling in time you can change the action/event that is predetermined to happen.

5D - The actions is already different without any time travel i.e a parallel universe.

There are 10 known dimensions FYI

Hope this explanation helps!

When talking about dimensions you have to keep in mind that there are spacial and time (chronical maybe) dimensions.

We live in a 4 D universe but as 3D beings we only perceive 3D objects ,objects that occupy 3 spacial dimensions.

When it comes to time things get a littles weird as we do not percieve it the same way as spacial dimensions and i'm pretty sure there is no university proffesor around here to give us a more complete and correct view of it (and i'm too tired and bored to check anything online)

We cannot imagine anything above 3D but we can mathematically describe it.

There are no 10 known dimensions ,there are unproven theories that talk about 10 ,11 or more dimensions.

Talking about 5D is already speculative enough, though. So we're going to talk as if presume that it's real.

In this case though, if you could recognize space-time as physical object, you actually elevated yourself to 6D (and 1 time), since a 6D being would process it the same way as someone look at an 3D object. (in my own thought)

"Time is a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff"

I like to imagine that we are 3d beings with a 3d perception but drifting in a 4th dimension,that we have no control over,kinda like we can move forward,backwards and upwards in dimensions(gross oversimplification) but we can't do the same with time,to a 4D being,time maybe like a road,on which he may walk forward or backward on or a mountain that he can climb or descend from.5D messes with my mind,i can't even begin to imagine :p

With 4D, you essentially moving in a timeline, with a point perspective.

With 5D, you move in a plane (of times), with a line perspective.

You can't really call it recognizing it as an object, since an object in our perspective is 3D.

With 6D, you move in a space (made of infinite times plane), with a plane perspective.

With that, the time and space is representable to their eyes as us to a physical object, since it's representable to them in "3D" (and 1 time).

Of course, a flat-lander would have a different perceptive on thing, so I am only answer it in a human sense.

^Believe me, that's a simpler way to explain it. Basically, you take time as an dimension. And you have a perception over it.

With that in mind, 3D mean the "time" perception of it is 0, which mean it's won't perceive time, and essentially frozen (to us).

4D mean the time perception of it is 1, which mean it's perceive as a point in time. (and exist in a timeline)

5D mean the time perception of it is 2, which mean it's perceive as a timelines, consist of infinite point in time. (and exist in a timeplanes)

6D mean the time perception of it is 3, which mean it's perceive as a timeplanes, consist of infinite timelines, which itself consist of infinite point of time.(and exist in a time's spaces, or phase space.)

An even simpler to explain is that you know time is only a force that need it own "space" to govern, just like any other fundamental force in the universe, since space tell object to move. (In retrospec though, this is probably too complicate)

Back