• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A notifications explanation page?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I know that we have already included the text below in the Advice to the staff of the VS Battles wiki page, but since many of our members have this problem, do you think that it would be good to create a separate "Notifications" page for this, so it is easier to find?

"Due to a glitch in the programming of the wiki, only updates for a part of the discussion threads appear in the notification bar in the upper right corner of the screen, while the rest remain hidden. To get around this issue, after opening the threads that need to be browsed in separate tabs, click the "Mark all as read" button, as this will allow the notification bar to show updates to the discussions that were not shown previously. Depending on the length of time that the update system has glitched, repeating the above procedure several times may be necessary for the notification cache to be completely cleaned and function properly again. It is recommended to make a habit of performing this maintenance at least once every week."

NOTE: Staff only

I agree with this. I myself follow this every week. But new members and even many long time members do not know about this.

And the text of the explanation itself looks good.

Okay. We could add the "Important" category at the bottom of the page, to make this easier to find. We could also mention it somewhere in the front page.

Yes. That would probably be best.

Definitely not fixed, it still happens to me all the time where it deletes notifications and I need to go find them myself. This explanation looks good

This thing rarely happened to me and it hasn't happened as of late. But I think it seems fine to add.

Okay. I will set up such a page then.

I have done so, and also placed a note in the help section of the front page: Notifications

Back