• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new rule about giving credit to fan artists?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I think that Wikia/Fandom has a rule about this, and it does seem fair to give them credit, with a link to their Deviantart account if available.

For an example, see the header image of this page.

Should we place such a regulation in the Editing Rules page, or somewhere else?

Of course, in the cases when we do not know who drew the picture, there likely isn't much that we can do.

Probably. I already try to do this whenever possible, the only exception being if I can't find any info on the original artist.

As an example, I just linked the artist's deviantart for the piece on this page.

That would be a good idea, yes. Would also save our behinds a bit should some random fanartist appear here, pissed off and whatnot.

So, does anybody have a suggestion for how to word the rule?

"When making or editing a profile, if you use an image from a fan artist to represent the character/weapon/vehicle/verse in question, provide a caption below the image crediting the artist and if you can, provide a link to their website or profile on DeviantArt, Tumblr, etc."

That seems fine, with the exception that it should say "Deviantart profile".

Thanks. I will add the rule then.

Back