• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regulation on the Use of Art in Vs Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, seems too similar to number 2.
Not really. I added a little detail to clear confusions.
What do you mean by filling a gap in official art?
Certainly! This line is suggesting that the use of fan art should be restricted to specific situations where it serves a particular purpose. For example, if there is a lack of official art for a particular character or topic, fan art could be used to fill in the gap and provide visual representation. Additionally, fan art can be used to add creativity or personal expression to a profile, such as on a social media platform or personal website.

It's important to note that fan art is artwork created by fans of a particular franchise or subject, rather than by the creators of the original work. While it can be a great way for fans to express their love and appreciation for a particular franchise or character, it is indispensable to respect the intellectual property rights of the original creators and not use fan art in a way that infringes on those rights.

Not really. I added a little detail to clear confusions.
If it's extra context/detail for number 2, then it could be a sub-bullet instead. But I agree regardless, so I'm dropping this.

Certainly! This line is suggesting that the use of fan art should be restricted to specific situations where it serves a particular purpose. For example, if there is a lack of official art for a particular character or topic, fan art could be used to fill in the gap and provide visual representation. Additionally, fan art can be used to add creativity or personal expression to a profile, such as on a social media platform or personal website.

It's important to note that fan art is artwork created by fans of a particular franchise or subject, rather than by the creators of the original work. While it can be a great way for fans to express their love and appreciation for a particular franchise or character, it is indispensable to respect the intellectual property rights of the original creators and not use fan art in a way that infringes on those rights.
I see, thanks for elaborating. Well, I agree regardless, I was just asking questions.

So, what's the progress now?

If it's extra context/detail for number 2, then it could be a sub-bullet instead. But I agree regardless, so I'm dropping this.

I see, thanks for elaborating. Well, I agree regardless, I was just asking questions.

So, what's the progress now?
I assume, we need a staff member who helps us with applying the changes as it seems everyone has agreed with it. So, I asked you for assistance.
Mind helping us to apply them? It should be under “Image Section” with the name “The Use of Art”.

Somebody needs to check through our current Editing Rules regulation texts and evaluate how they should be appropriately modified according to the suggested revisions here.

I created the draft for “Adding Credits”

Adding Credits​

1. Be sure to properly attribute the artist and include their name or handle whenever possible. This is a basic courtesy and helps to support the work of creators.
    • If you are using the art on a profile character, consider adding the credit under the art itself. This makes it easy for viewers to see who created the artwork and gives them the option to learn more about the artist.
    • If you are uploading the art to a Vs Battle Wiki, consider adding the credit in the summary or description section. This helps to provide context and attribution for the artwork, and makes it easier for other users to find and credit the artist if they wish to use the art as well.
  2. If you are unsure how to properly credit the artist or are unable to find their name or handle, consider reaching out to them or searching online to find more information. It is important to make an effort to credit artists for their work and support them in their creative endeavors.
I did not change anything on what we agreed on, but slightly giving people explanation on how to add credits.

Okay, but I think that we already have some rule texts for most of your suggestions, so any new draft text needs to properly take that into account.

This is just a test, but I have made significant formatting changes to FinePoint's formatting of the Editing Rules page, as the indentations won't line up properly due to numbered lists being indented in a way that the bullets under the numbered bullets do not have matching indentations with the regular bulleted lists, which is especially a problem with what Dread wants to be added, so I had to make some formatting changes on the whole page itself. No changes in the actual content though.

This is the draft, and this is the Editing Rules. Make some comparisons if the "look" of the page is acceptable. The most noticeable change in the draft is that the page now takes more space on the left.

Okay, but I think that we already have some rule texts for most of your suggestions, so any new draft text needs to properly take that into account.
Also, this has to be taken into account. I'll be taking a look later/tomorrow instead. I'll be resting for a while, as I'm feeling a little under the weather. I don't want this to get worse.

Last edited:
This is just a test, but I have made significant formatting changes to FinePoint's formatting of the Editing Rules page, as the indentations won't line up properly due to numbered lists being indented in a way that the bullets under the numbered bullets do not have matching indentations with the regular bulleted lists, which is especially a problem with what Dread wants to be added, so I had to make some formatting changes on the whole page itself.

This is the draft, and this is the Editing Rules. Make some comparisons if the "look" of the page is acceptable. The most noticeable change in the draft is that the page now takes more space on the left.
Your new draft looks good to apply in my view. Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏🙏🙏

Our Site Rules page also needs to be updated accordingly though.
Also, this has to be taken into account. I'll be taking a look later/tomorrow instead. I'll be resting for a while, as I'm feeling a little under the weather. I don't want this to get worse.
Thank you, and no problem at all. Please rest and recover as well as possible. 🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:
Your current draft seems good to me at least, but it wouldn't hurt with further staff evaluations.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...aft5?type=revision&diff=7827124&oldid=7825957

Why was the following text removed completely?

"Note that unrelated images, often for cases that lack sufficient (if any) visual details whatsoever to derive from, aren't allowed, as they apply unnecessary headcanon and derail from the purpose of illustrating the character or object in an appropriate manner."

Your current draft seems good to me at least, but it wouldn't hurt with further staff evaluations.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...aft5?type=revision&diff=7827124&oldid=7825957

Why was the following text removed completely?

"Note that unrelated images, often for cases that lack sufficient (if any) visual details whatsoever to derive from, aren't allowed, as they apply unnecessary headcanon and derail from the purpose of illustrating the character or object in an appropriate manner."
Because it got replaced in the next section, therefore I removed it since it is duplicated.

@Antvasima To clarify it better:
Has been replaced and also better formatted in those guidelines
  • Official art should be used whenever possible, as it is a more accurate representation of the characters or subjects depicted.
  • In cases where fan art is used, it should be based on canonical descriptions and depictions of the characters or subjects depicted, unless there is no official art available and the fan art accurately describes the character.

I do not think that regular members should edit our official instruction pages, but it is fine if JaRB handles it.

Your new draft looks good to apply in my view. Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏🙏🙏

Our Site Rules page also needs to be updated accordingly though.
Alright, me and @Just_a_Random_Butler updated the page accordingly and also removed duplicated guidelines.

Here is the draft link once again, if you don't mind, check it. If it is fine for you, I can apply the changes in the page.
Okay. That seems fine to me then.
@Just_a_Random_Butler

@Just_a_Random_Butler

Can you structure our site rules page in the same manner please?

@Just_a_Random_Butler

Can you structure our site rules page in the same manner please?

I'll look into it tomorrow. I'll have to sleep.

I assume the changes has been applied here, what else needs here to be discussed? If nothing needs to be addressed, the thread can be closed, and thanks for helping out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back