• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new ability addition: "Bondability Manipulation"

We don't need to account for every minute possible power. Powers like these are better explained under others.
I think powers like this or something like this might really be needed, for example, matching the character's feats have with certain power abilities.

I think powers like this or something like this might really be needed, for example, matching the character's feats have with certain power abilities.
Not really, some is negation of other power like Immortality negation, Acausality negation, some is a variation of Law manip or Infor manip or Concept manip.

just saying the name proposed for the ability is so unfathomably non-descript I deadass thought it was just another name for Adhesive Manip from the title

Like, at the absolute least unfuck that, in general I agree its hella unnecessary

Not really, some is negation of other power like Immortality negation, Acausality negation, some is a variation of Law manip or Infor manip or Concept manip.
Immortality Negation and Causality Negation, yes, it's true that both of them are still included in power nullification. Because both of them are part of Power & Abilities.

Like,

Possible Uses​

Spatial Manipulation

Soul Manipulation

Mind Manipulation

Law Manipulation

Conceptual Manipulation

Existence Erasure

Fate Manipulation

Time Manipulation

Causality Manipulation

• And many more

I genuinely don't see a single scenario existing where bondoboi manip is needed to be listed instead of any of those things, it honestly only serves to either: Make the P&A section artificially expansive by slapping another word that's already covered by above, OR hiding functionality and extent of a character's capabilities by slapping Bonobo manip and calling it a day, rather than actually going through and listing what the character ends up doing in practice.

Only arguments for it are hella arbitrary shit that forgets "Limited" and (bracket explanations) can exist and help define the hyperspecific scenarios you describe, without having to click another page to see what the **** the term means, or worst case scenarioyou use the Explanations section if it's a textwall to explain.

It ain't tough to type a slight bit more.

Last edited:
Only arguments for it are hella arbitrary shit that forgets "Limited" and (bracket explanations) can exist and help define the hyperspecific scenarios you describe, without having to click another page to see what the **** the page means or worst case scenario use the Explanations section.
This.

At first I was neutral leaning towards agreeing, but after reading a couple arguments, Im shifting to disagreeing fra.

If you feel like what's being shown in the P&A isn't an explicative showcase of said character's P&A, then you should work towards doing so. Adding an arbitrary and rather extremely uncommon ability, frankly - serves no one, especially when what your asking for could be done just by actually going into the P&A and explaining it.

Bondoboi Manip, Bonobo Manip. Man that is harsh and heart breaking.

But anyway, the most important thing is: write the damn explaination and link the scans, proofs, evidences, etc......No one bother to read a wall of abilities but see no description on how it work

Disagree, not enough users of this to make a page for it. Plus some powers works better explained or having an existing one being renamed. Ex: Regeneration Negation which we put as ''Regeneration-Power Nullification|Nullification (explain why)'' or we have electricity manipulation but most of the time you see lightning manipulation, etc. Just put something that would/could fit and then you can rename and explain how it actually works.

Disagree, not enough users of this to make a page for it. Plus some powers works better explained or having an existing one being renamed. Ex: Regeneration Negation which we put as ''Regeneration-Power Nullification|Nullification (explain why)'' or we have electricity manipulation but most of the time you see lightning manipulation, etc. Just put something that would/could fit and then you can rename and explain how it actually works.
Talk about it.

Then how about Time Stop which is a variant and also part of Time Manipulation.

However this wiki still maintains it and doesn't delete it, until now it is still left to exist. Athough I don't think it really needs now.

Talk about it.

However this wiki still maintains it and doesn't delete it, until now it is still left to exist. Athough I don't think it really needs now.
Y'know, whataboutisms are only as valid as the examples brought up, and most staff will probably yeet TIme Stop nowadays, it just so happens to be sunk cost that prevents it.

Try a better example, one that isn't stonewalled for being on 2500 profiles and you just now realized is useless

Y'know, whataboutisms are only as valid as the examples brought up, and most staff will probably yeet TIme Stop nowadays, it just so happens to be sunk cost that prevents it.

Try a better example, one that isn't stonewalled for being on 2500 profiles and you just now realized is useless
I don't think it's useless, I just think that it's better to just update it by merging it into another profile and then explain it with the deleted profile.

And one more thing, try to be more polite here, because you are a staff in here.

I don't think it's useless, I just think that it's better to just update it by merging it into another profile and then explain it with the deleted profile.
Again tho that leaves 2500 redirects, which is immensely sub-optimal :V
And one more thing, try to be more polite here, because you are a staff in here.
Extremely depressed staff*

In all seriousness though, don't see how I'm being particularly impolite, unless you're misconstruing any form of colored language as impoliteness :/

it should take some effort for that
And most don't think it's worth the effort, completely valid assertion, make the thread yourself and find out. Until then comparing Bobobo-bo Manip and Time Stop is invalid as latter has additional context which former lacks, to prevent its deletion

Talk about it.

Like Impress said its already covers a lot of profiles and will take time to change/redirect it. If the profile also happens to have a separate ''time manipulation'' with its explanation for something different then those profiles will need to be formatted a bit to move the reasoning (explanation) from the ''Time Stop'' to '''Time Manipulation'' which would add more time to the changes.

Likely ''Time Stop'' will be removed at a point in future but till then we hold it.

Personally speaking, I don't think that it would be a useless ability to add.
While the conseguences of breaking the bondary that connects someone to eternal factors can be often described as another ability, how this thing is done is unique and at the moment there aren't abilities that properly describe this type of stuff.
For example, Probablity Manipulation, Fate Manipulation and Causality Manipulation have all extremely similiar effects, but how this effects happens is different and resisting one doesn't necessarily gives resistence to all of them.
Now I want to give an example of a character that would classify for this ability and that at the moment doesn't have a profile because it's hard to find an ability that correctly describe what they are able to do.
Basically, in the verse there are multiple characters that have their powers because their core is connected with another dimension, creating a bond with said place that power them and gives them multiple abilties, resistences and other stuffs. A character from this verse is able to manipulate the connection of the cores of this characters so that the flow of energy goes to their cores instead, which they use to steal the powers and benefits that the other characters have thanks to this connection to the other dimension.
The effects of this ability can be described as a limited Power Absorption but how this Power Absorption is archived is unique and different from the normal. Only because a character is able to resist a normal Power Absorption doesn't mean that they would be able to resist a manipulation of the bond that connect them to something else.
The situation would be similiar to the previous examples of Fate Manipulation, Probablity Manipulation and Causality Manipulation. The effects are similiar if not even identical in certain cases, but how this effect happens is different based on the ability.
Overall, if this ability is rejected I wouldn't have much of a problem, but at the same time I think that is a useful hax that might help to give a better understanding of certain powers.

Thank you to all staff members who have responded here.

It seems like this suggestion has been rejected, and we should close this thread, then.

Last edited:
Like Impress said its already covers a lot of profiles and will take time to change/redirect it. If the profile also happens to have a separate ''time manipulation'' with its explanation for something different then those profiles will need to be formatted a bit to move the reasoning (explanation) from the ''Time Stop'' to '''Time Manipulation'' which would add more time to the changes.

Likely ''Time Stop'' will be removed at a point in future but till then we hold it.
Yeah, agree this.

The case is the same with mind reading (which was previously deleted) which is part of the use of telepathy.

Whatever happens here, I think type three of the ability which is proposed here should be implemented in some ways, or maybe under another existing power. Cause I see breaking fusionism quite a bit in comics and it's a bit hard to index it cause it doesn't really fit any other abilities we have.

Back