• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new ability addition: "Bondability Manipulation"

This ability feels very specific and most staff would be contempt with simplifying it. For example, Cutting a character away from a concept or the buddhist concept of karma. The first would be conceptual manipulation while the latter would be causality manipulation.

I do agree though i like this ability, but i don't think staff will accept it.

Looks fine for this

I have the exact same character having ability based explanation of this ability. However, I put that ability the character that I have into Power Nullification.

For example, you make a character that was originally immortal can become not immortal, remembering that Immortality is one of the powers & abilities and also since Immortality is aspect that character has

By the way maybe you can to put too ability power nullification in one of the possible uses there too.

Last edited:
To be honest, this look like more specific, narrow, mini Law Manipulation and Information Manipulation type 2

Type 2: Reliant and Abstraction bond
Gotta say, I really love this one.

Maybe we can add fusionism breaking as another subtype? That could solve a certain issue we have with those feats. We currently either list it as soul hax or tk (depending on how fusionism works in context). This might also help the ability not be extremely niche ig?

So, uh, cutting connections or adding new ones? I agree, if so.
j2Y7npl.png

XEEeqag.png

Last edited:
Maybe we can add fusionism breaking as another subtype? That could solve a certain issue we have with those feats. We currently either list it as soul hax or tk (depending on how fusionism works in context). This might also help the ability not be extremely niche ig?
Alright, im gonna apply this.

Now we need more staff to rate this thread.

Last edited:
Seems like a very specific and rare ability, like in the all the verses i have made i can only think of one verse which this applies to, Arifureta and even there the characters haven't yet gotten to the point where they can use it, besides some demons from hell.

Theoretically they could manipulate boundary between reality and illusion.

Pretty neutral to this ability being added.

I agree with Damage3245. The ability itself looks non-specific and doesn't really do anything on its own, it describes other things instead. Also it has types, which I have disdain for.

Yeah I'm against FRA.

Same as the others. Not only it is rare, but it's more of a way to use already existing abilities.

i know some characters that I'm planning to make profiles and already has a profile with this ability
although type 3 should just be fusionism

but atm it feels like a specific combination of other skills and should be improved further

edit: wait this is staff thread I'll see my way out now

I thought me kudosing another comment would have counted for something, but I think this ability seems too unnecessary and seems like a variation of already existing abilities.

I don't know why you guys said it's non-specific enough while the page has explain if in a very clear way. The usage of this ability also relate to some of major verses.

Bondability Manipulation is a specific ability that can penetrate immunity with it's one of the criteria as manipulating metaphysical and physical "layers or bonds". In fact, the mechanics of this ability can be found in a lot of fiction. One of them is from Tohou, Yukari's ability can be an adequate example which makes Bondability Manipulation ability needed.

The user can unbond the character's bondary to the aspect he has, thus making the character unable to interact with reality, or also bonding the character with aspects that he doesn't have in order to make it easier to interact with the character.
In the sentence it can be defined that this ability prioritizes the differentiation of a character with the object that "associates or bonding" them. Indeed in the general case this can be summed up simply as a complex variation of an ability. But the essence of this ability is to separate the "boundary" so that in certain cases it can also penetrate the immortality or immunity of a character.

The types of abilities are also described in detail and "specifically" which includes related cases such as;
1. Bondability type that connects or separates physical and metaphysical, this type can connect abstract beings with a physical container so that they can be physically harmed. This ability involves Body Puppetry, NPI, and creation which makes these three abilities a "sub-ability" of Bondability Manipulation type 1.
2. Reliant or Abstraction types that can negate Immortality by separating objects that bind a character to immortality from being unbound.
3. The type of fusionism that is often encountered, even fictions like Bleach have a some type like this, if you pay attention Yhwach will have this type of ability because He will combine the boundary between "life" and "death" into one so we get another else as life and death amalgam.

Indeed, this ability feels redundant, but the presentation of the concept is quite good. There are some flaws in explanations and irregular grammar. I'm neutral with this but leaning to agree.

I agree with Damage3245. The ability itself looks non-specific and doesn't really do anything on its own, it describes other things instead. Also it has types, which I have disdain for.
It's type specifically explains that the usage of these ability can be variated based on such context. I don't know why you say it doesn't really do anything while this ability try to explain the differentiates or a fusionism to an object and concept so that their main ability can be negated. It's pretty clear to me.

It is honestly a variation and watered down of Law Manipulation
Nay, it's more complex than that. The main essence of this ability is to manipulate things that "bond" a character. Variations in this ability depend on what aspect of the boundary is manipulated. If the case is character A who uses his ability to defeat B who has no concept of death, then character A can manipulate the "boundary" of death with life so that B can be killed. So from this example it can be concluded that the type used is the third type (Fusionism). If I recall the character Hassan from Fate would able to get this ability because he gave the boundary between the concept of death and life to an Immortal being.

Nay, it's more complex than that. The main essence of this ability is to manipulate things that "bond" a character. Variations in this ability depend on what aspect of the boundary is manipulated. If the case is character A who uses his ability to defeat B who has no concept of death, then character A can manipulate the "boundary" of death with life so that B can be killed. So from this example it can be concluded that the type used is the third type (Fusionism). If I recall the character Hassan from Fate would able to get this ability because he gave the boundary between the concept of death and life to an Immortal being.
Nope, Law Manipulation can do just fine cuz Law is a very broad term, while boundary is something very specific, it is either sever or connect the bond, that all. Hassan feat can be listed as Conceptual Manipulation though

Anyway i'm neutral to this ability

Nope, Law Manipulation can do just fine cuz Law is a very broad term, while boundary is something very specific, it is either sever or connect the bond, that all. Hassan feat can be listed as Conceptual Manipulation though
Not really. Law is limited at such context indeed it's has a broad definition, but the definition always one-go with realities, causalities, et cetera. While the Bondability try to abroad more context, which differentiates concept and character that bonding with them, rather manipulates the truth of fundamentality like Law Manip.

Law Manipulation can be a sub-ability too in this Bondability Manipulation. So we don't really to debate this. If I may give an example, it will be like; if you fighting an Acausal type 4 character that operates in different Causality, you will use Bondability Manipulation to fusion the Acausal type 4's causality to user causality so it special ability can be negated. That uses to Acausal type 4 will give you Law Manipulation too.

Not really. Law is limited at such context indeed it's has a broad definition, but the definition always one-go with realities, causalities, et cetera. While the Bondability try to abroad more context, which differentiates concept and character that bonding with them, rather manipulates the truth of fundamentality like Law Manip.

Law Manipulation can be a sub-ability too in this Bondability Manipulation. So we don't really to debate this. If I may give an example, it will be like; if you fighting an Acausal type 4 character that operates in different Causality, you will use Bondability Manipulation to fusion the Acausal type 4's causality to user causality so it special ability can be negated. That uses to Acausal type 4 will give you Law Manipulation too.
1. Everything is limited in context and feat, not just law
2. Do you know that we have Acausality Negation????

I don't know why you guys said it's non-specific enough while the page has explain if in a very clear way. The usage of this ability also relate to some of major verses.
It really is just an ability that only would truly apply to 5 characters or something
Bondability Manipulation is a specific ability that can penetrate immunity with it's one of the criteria as manipulating metaphysical and physical "layers or bonds". In fact, the mechanics of this ability can be found in a lot of fiction. One of them is from Tohou, Yukari's ability can be an adequate example which makes Bondability Manipulation ability needed.
Yukari is a very rare example. You can't find like, ten users of such a portrayal.
In the sentence it can be defined that this ability prioritizes the differentiation of a character with the object that "associates or bonding" them. Indeed in the general case this can be summed up simply as a complex variation of an ability. But the essence of this ability is to separate the "boundary" so that in certain cases it can also penetrate the immortality or immunity of a character.
Which is just Fusionism or x ability depending on the context.
The types of abilities are also described in detail and "specifically" which includes related cases such as;
1. Bondability type that connects or separates physical and metaphysical, this type can connect abstract beings with a physical container so that they can be physically harmed. This ability involves Body Puppetry, NPI, and creation which makes these three abilities a "sub-ability" of Bondability Manipulation type 1.
That's rather some sort of forced Possession or smth.
2. Reliant or Abstraction types that can negate Immortality by separating objects that bind a character to immortality from being unbound.
Type 8 immortality negation is that already.
3. The type of fusionism that is often encountered, even fictions like Bleach have a some type like this, if you pay attention Yhwach will have this type of ability because He will combine the boundary between "life" and "death" into one so we get another else as life and death amalgam.
Fusionism already is a thing.

1. Everything is limited in context and feat, not just law
Sure sure, but we're talking about Bondability's range that possibly have a more abroad context than Law. Because it has a branched usage that include everything that has a boundary with it.

2. Do you know that we have Acausality Negation????
I know. But, do you know what I meant to here? Bondability try to explain that negation thing into such specific term and conditions too. Not just a general acuasality negation.

I know. But, do you know what I meant to here? Bondability try to explain that negation thing into such specific term and conditions too. Not just a general acuasality negation.
Then why we should waste our time and resources to make an entirely new ability page for just one or two type of specific terms and conditions, and handful amount of characters. I'm neutral, but still curious about this

It really is just an ability that only would truly apply to 5 characters or something
Can be more. Since there's a thousands fiction in this website. I'm sure I can found a more character that meet criteria to this ability. But I won't do necessary thing.

Yukari is a very rare example. You can't find like, ten users of such a portrayal.
You're right, it's indeed rare but doesn't mean we can't classify them.

Which is just Fusionism or x ability depending on the context.
And that "justs" can be classified into one specific thing; Bondability. That's literally is.

That's rather some sort of forced Possession or smth.
Yes. But the specific context enter the boundary that differents them than such basic possesion. This type of ability would give that abstract being a literal form by forcing an abstract thing that binding with it into a physical form.

Type 8 immortality negation is that already.
Sure. But generally type 8 Immortality negation is either you destroy the main object that been relied to a binding character or destroy both of them. While in fact, this Bondability has different mechanism which give a more simple way to end them by differentiates the "relied object" to the characters.

Fusionism already is a thing.
Yeah. It's just a type thought.

Then why we should waste our time and resources to make an entirely new ability page for just one or two type of specific terms and conditions, and handful amount of characters. I'm neutral, but still curious about this
Nay, The mechanics of this ability go beyond that. The specific conditions here depend on the case to case presented in the fiction. I think that if we create ability types like this, we can make it easier and classify ability types in many fictions that have the same mechanism but are considered different.

I'm neutral with this tho. I don't have any problem if it's ability get rejected. But I willing try to explain so it can be make sense.

I prefer the name of this new ability to be called bond manipulation or bondability instead of bondability manipulation because it sounds a bit strange for me.

We don't need to account for every minute possible power. Powers like these are better explained under others.

Back