• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A modest Arceus CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this is the exact same as the games (well we don't know the main function of the game distortion world, but that means there is no contradiction there.)
Visuals in the anime are only sometimes different (which could simply be different parts of it)
Game distortion world balances the Pokémon world but it doesn't do so by affecting some bubbles. There are no mirrors or dark clouds. It balances the reality, like Yin-Yang.

If anything tries to disturb the balance of reality, Giratina would personally come out of it to take care of it (Cyrus). But besides that, you'll need to destroy the DW to

Also Giratina cannot exist outside of the DW without Grisious orb. It'll appear as a non existent shadow

Also distortion world is not the opposite of regular reality in Pokemon games.
Why so? That's exactly what it's supposed to be. Both in location and in nature

Substance /spirit makes up reality, DW is the opposite of substance

Why so? That's exactly what it's supposed to be. Both in location and in nature
It's never stated to be.
Also Giratina cannot exist outside of the DW without Grisious orb. It'll appear as a non existent shadow
In both the jewel of life and it's own movie giratina comes out of distortion world without grisious orb another example of anime not following games.

Visuals in the anime are only sometimes different (which could simply be different parts of it)
It's not just a visual thing the house and other things in the anime version of de are actually their well somewhat kinda since distortion world in anime is opposite of the real world. When the things in de are destroyed it's real world counter part get's affected as well.

I'm guessing you didn't read Executor_N0 blog
I have and it's not opposite in the same sense. The anime version is more so like a mirror of regular reality.
Eh..... That's just the secondary canon taking liberties with lore it is supposed to follow.
It's a bit more than creative liberty and it still doesn't change the fact that gravity Exists in the anime's version
we should also look into the manga version, if there is one
The manga version appears to follow games more closely so yeah it's probably best to ignore the anime version

I have and it's not opposite in the same sense. The anime version is more so like a mirror of regular reality.
No, it is litterally an opposite world. Masuda defined it as an "anti-world" with a paradoxical Space-Time (since Giratina is the opposite of Dialga & Palkia).
Eh..... That's just the secondary canon taking liberties with lore it is supposed to follow.
A distorted gravity exists also in the Distortion World of the games. It is only something added by Giratina in his maze, nothing more.

No, it is litterally an opposite world. Masuda defined it as an "anti-world" with a paradoxical Space-Time (since Giratina is the opposite of Dialga & Palkia).
Yes but it's not in the same sense the anime version acts like a mirror to the real world. Object such as houses and glaciers appear in anime's version of dw and if they are destroyed in the dw. Their real counter suffers the same fate. The anime dw is an reverse world whose function is to maintain the balance between time and space by correcting any abnormalities.

There's no need to drag it out

Anime DW ≠ Game DW.

Bulbapedia knew enough about that to separate the two. They both go about balancing space/time differently

Yes but it's not in the same sense the anime version acts like a mirror to the real world. Object such as houses and glaciers appear in anime's version of dw and if they are destroyed in the dw. Their real counter suffers the same fate. The anime dw is an reverse world whose function is to maintain the balance between time and space by correcting any abnormalities.
I'm not saying that they are the same thing. The anime Distorsion World and the games one are based on a very similar idea but represented differently, with different consequences. Anyway, this doesn't mean that the presence of structures, gravity and anything else in the anime one can be used as a contradiction to NEP for Giratina.

pokemon generations
375px-Distortion_World_PG.png

and manga
375px-Distortion_World_Adventures.png

seem relatively consistent with the game

Yes. Manga DW is the same as game DW.

As for what the anime was hoping to achieve with reverse world, I can't tell.

Overall, considering an official anime, the manga and the game all agree of a different depiction of the DW than the anime one, not to mention that we generally agree that most movies post-1999 aren't really canon to the anime either.

Agreed..

Primary Canon supercedes them anyway..... Especially with such a significant issue like this

I'll ask to close it. Mainly because you guys helped me gather some good evidence I overlooked for the crt.

1. Lost interest (the main argument for Nep is a joke for anyone who looks at my propositions). I'll personally disagree if I saw this thread. Well there's pretty damn good evidence here, but that's after scrolling through 100s of replies.

2. I think I have some pretty damn good evidence about Giratina nature.(had to read Executor_N0 blog a couple dozen times to fully grasp the info Masuda was trying to convey)

3. Well, What's the rush.. I'm thinking maybe I'd look into Pokeverse arsenal and add, replace some things on Arceus profile. A ton of abilities aren't on his profile but Arceus0X made a thread gathering some pretty darn good stuff I think Arceus would need. Not too many tho(or we might end up with a profile like Rimuru)

I'll ask to close it. Mainly because you guys helped me gather some good evidence I overlooked for the crt.

1. Lost interest (the main argument for Nep is a joke for anyone who looks at my propositions). I'll personally disagree if I saw this thread. Well there's pretty damn good evidence here, but that's after scrolling through 100s of replies.

2. I think I have some pretty damn good evidence about Giratina nature.(had to read Executor_N0 blog a couple dozen times to fully grasp the info Masuda was trying to convey)

3. Well, What's the rush.. I'm thinking maybe I'd look into Pokeverse arsenal and add, replace some things on Arceus profile. A ton of abilities aren't on his profile but Arceus0X made a thread gathering some pretty darn good stuff I think Arceus would need. Not too many tho(or we might end up with a profile like Rimuru)
So, close it and start over with the new evidence?

The original poster of this thread asked me to close it for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back