• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A message to our staff

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Kepekley23 has alluded to that some of our staff members are starting to feel very frustrated due to the attacks towards our community combined with the weight of their responsibilities.

I would like to remind them that our efforts are extremely appreciated by the general public of over 738000 people who visit and enjoy our wiki every month, and that we are constantly growing in popularity. We will likely even overtake the DC Comics wiki in terms of page views in the coming months.

Even if things like the recent incident of somebody that attacked myself and other prominent members can seem dispiriting, the people behaving like this are a very small minority within a very small minority of vocal jealous detractors. I have made an effort to put the incident behind me and move forward over the last few days. It does not affect my wiki work, or the integrity of our community.

Please do not let the comparatively very few people, who are wasting far too much of their time attempting to tear us down, get to you. We have actually managed to build something big, worthwhile, and very well-managed here, whereas the people who constantly try to attack us are not able to create something remotely comparable, and as such they are merely trying to burn things down, with no alternative available to replace it.

I would also like to thank all of our staff members for all of their massive help with managing this community. Although it means comparatively little compared to over 738000 people, I personally greatly appreciate it.

Not staff, but I encourage those with issues and if they need someone to talk to message me or someone close to you. I am here for this community, and even if I disagree with you, that doesn't mean I wont be kind when needed. This can be a very stressful time, for staff and non staff, and I encourage those with basic modesty to take issues to PM and to ignore those naysayers, both in and out of community.

@PaChi2

Well, I am trying to limit my workload to a degree that I am able to maintain, but somebody needs to check that there are no bad edits.

It would help if several administrators and content moderators start to use the edit-patrolling script though.

Thank you for this message. It is very welcoming and heartwarming and is making me start my day on a good note.

I agree 100% with it. We can't let a comparatively small amount of trolls, or petty squabbles dominate our lives. We are all here because we share interests and enjoy this hobby, nothing more. We shouldn't treat discussions and matches as figurative or sometimes even literal wars, instead we ought to be more patient, understanding, calm, and polite.

This place is, overall, amazing. I love the community and the individuals who I've become friends with, and I only want to see it grow and improve, like it has over the past years.

The community as a whole does a good job at sticking together, though constant squabbles amongst ourselves become irritable, we are all in this together and it is imperative we remember that. The staff are the backbone that makes it all possible, there's no reason you guys should feel underappreciated.

I haven't been doing as much as i should have been as a regular member of this community. However, i'm willing to do anything to help this wikia continue the way it is currently , especially with the amount of positivity i see here. I agree with the majority here, especially @Stryk . No matter how hard you are hit, true strength truly comes from the ability to endure any trial and continue forward, no matter what form it comes in. Bless you all.

Thank you for the encouraging words, Ant.

My advice to others would be to remember that the users you're arguing against are people. They have feelings and emotions. They aren't just an anonymous name on a screen that gives bad arguments simply to piss you off. They don't have some bias or super secret conspiracy agenda to wank or downplay others. They simply see things differently than you, and disagree on a pretty inconsequential topic at that.

When debating try to stay kind and respectful to those you're speaking to. They're people who want to be accepted and treated well like you.

Also even if you don't care about other people, wasting your time being upset over such silly manners isn't good for you.

Just take a chill pill in all honesty. None if this VS debate stuff is really that important. No reason to take disagreements as personal attacks.

Summed it up perfectly. Let's not forget that some of us argue, literally. That includes using strong vocabulary like outright calling something "utterly fallacious" or "ridiculous". They may even call it stupid. Yes, we must try and remain as polite as possible but let's not get oversensitive about those types of things.

I've argued with Matt, Ryu, Ever, Azzy, etc. before and even if they "Sera, what you said was really stupid." I'm not gonna sit there and cry about it. After all, we're friends and it's not like they called me "stupid", to give an example. The former is an assesment of the argument I made, the latter is an insult. It's important we know the difference. I feel as if the sensitivity bar has been raised too high. Being mature and professional is more than just being the nice and polite one, it's also being the sensible (not overly-sensitive) one.

Since this was moved to News and Announcement, I could make this post. I'm grateful for this news as well. I do love the VSBW community and am especially thankful to the staff that work hard to make it what it is. Won't go into detail on the people who waste time just to deliberately cause drama, but they only do so out of sheer jealousy to say the least.

I consider most, if not all of the hard working staff to be really good people even if they can feel frustrated at times. I always try to work hard and makes sure everything is organized as well while also remaining as friendly as possible. And I will continue to do so in the future.

I agree completely.

Everyone wants to give something their all, and the haters have nothing else to do.

Thanks to everyone for being willing to spend time doing nerdy stuff like this and maintain this awesome website. I'm also sorry to anyone who I might have kept pestering about things that I'm having trouble figuring out during a conversation. (@Matthew)

I'm on the same boat...I may disagree with this wikia at times but nothing thus far have completely made me hate it or it's people. Honestly those salty fans who bitch about their characters not being the level they want can keep crying. At the end of the day this wikia is unending and will continue, anyways keep up the good work to those who maintain or contriubute to this wikia

Also well said Ant

Thanks Ant and everyone else who appreciate what we done for the community so far. Let's keep it up, from the moderaters, to owners, to calc. members, potential new staff, etc.

Ask for the haters, as aggravating as their harsh comments about us, the site, and the way we determine things, are.....I wouldn't be bothered by them too much. When it comes to media, especially on the Internet where people are usually more free to express themselves, what comes with popularity is usually negativity from a select group, normally as an attempt to be a unique individual iirc from my psychology classes or they can't stand the fact the fictional characters they love/hate so much are not as strong/weak as believed. We shouldn't let them hinder the way we make profiles, rate characters and verse, maintain our site. It may not be the best or absolute method, but one thing I can guarantee it is the most efficient and there's no discrimination in doing so either.

SITHISIT said:
Might as well end my inactivity here. What exactly happened? I read this and some other replies and apparently there was some sort of attack that I missed.
Somebody who was banned from the wiki and disagreed with some of our ratings spent over 7 months uploading thousands of **** videos and images to various sites while using copies of my username and those of a few other members, just so it would show up in the Google search results, and then contacted me to brag about it.

But as I mentioned, that is either something that I will have to deal with, and move forward from, or maybe eventually be able to remove by contacting Google. We will see.

In any case, we have talked more than enough about that already, and shouldn't focus on negativity in this thread.

This goes for me too as well. Despite not being a member of the staff & having a few disagreements with people every now and then, I don't feel any grudge or specific hate towards anyone in the wikia from anything that has occured up until now.

Also, I think it isn't too hard for the people who dislike this wikia to find ways to improve, correct, and make interesting suggestions as helpful, contributing members. Sure, you don't always have to take the vs profiles as accurate sources of information for your fictional characters for example but why take so long to do nothing to change that? Constantly insulting the entire wikia in general is not only one of the worse options to do but it also will consider you as one of the most ignorant people who refuses to focus on the positive aspects of things that VSBW has took years of their time to provide all of information in perfect organization and neatness for you.

Back