• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeijiSetto

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Eyup, only a small and relatively simple change.

Proposal

Many characters in the verse currently scale to Class Z due to all having interacted with either Yeoui (which itself gets its mass from this calc) or scales to someone who did the former.

I had @Arnoldstone18 point out an issue to me with this: Yeoui's mass is, for the most part, treated as entirely independent of its size, so a calculation relying on its size to then work backwards and find the mass doesn't really hold water.

The mass is pretty much always the same unless explicitly stated otherwise. It's heavy in the earlier part of the series (ch132, monkeys struggle to push it in a box) and this is consistent throughout (ch326 and ch328, Mori Jung drops his half of Yeoui and is stated to get faster due to no longer carrying its weight).
The only times it gets lighter are if the wielder explicitly wills it so. (ch358, Mori Dan makes his Yeoui lighter so Samuel Rosinante can lift him without getting suspicious of his hidden identity. The 'him' he's referring to is Mori Hui, who he fought and he carried the Yeoui, so he would have recognised the weight.)

The tl;dr of the proposal is that we toss the calc and replace it with a new value. What value, you may be wondering?

The New Value In Question​

Mass of Mars, the planet. 6.4171×10^23 kg. Still Class Z, so nothing really has to change, but it's better.

Why?​

Daewi, with the Mind of the King, threw Mars (ch283). That should straight up give him Class Z, if not far far far higher due to the fact that it travelled that distance over a couple panels max. For reference, crossing the Earth-Mars distance in 10 seconds (it should be far less considering even Taejin Jin didn't notice, and he is blatantly superhuman) is 110c, so... yeah, accelerating Mars to that speed should be massively massively above Class Z but we'll be conservative.

Uriel, one of the Gods who came down during Ragnarok, managed to hold back Mars. She does then proceed to say it's too heavy (ch283) for her, but the fact that she did it at all is grounds for a downscale at the very least.
Mori then proceeds to toss her his Yeoui and it rips her arms off from the weight (ch288).
I think Uriel downscaling from the Mars-throw feat and Yeoui being far too heavy for her to carry should at the very least cancel out, and give it a solid Class Z rating in terms of mass.

As a side note, all Class Y characters (Mori w/ Yeoui, Daewi, Okhwang, etc.) have their rating coming from Jupiter's mass, which is actually a little bit above baseline Pre-Stellar, so they should all be changed to that.

Agree: 11 @azontr, @Maitreya, @Quantu, @Majinere566, @MisterEli8730, @Shmooply, @Arnoldstone18, @Xinsignia1, @Excel616, @Lugh_Tuathe_Dé, @DarkDragonMedeus
Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
caption.jpg

I think at this point it's just to get a staff member to look it over and then we'll be in the 48 hour grace period, since there's overwhelming approval.

The grace period is only for when the thread is made. It's been more than 48 hours since this thread was made so you can apply it once you get staff approval.

Overwhelming agreement, just need 1 staff to check over now. Maybe I should find one to harass politely ask.

I guess I'll go apply changes on profiles and such later. Should I link this CRT in any of the edit notes so people can see why the revision was made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back