• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A lemon sour please. (Reigen VS Miles VS Wilfre)

This is probably one of the dumbest battles I ever did.

This isn't a test of strength and abilities (no hax). Instead they fight with the strongest power of all, CHARISMA! Thanks to a successful case involving evil spirits, Reige, Miles, and Wilfre celebrate with a round of drinks in the local bar. Once they're given the (expensive) check, all three of them will try to persuade each other to pay for the liquor. Here are the rules;

The participants are to not engage in any acts of violence against each other or suddenly ditch them behind.

All three of them have prior knowledge.

PERSONALITY IS KEY

Who's is the safest (+1) who's and the loser (-1) in this battle, and why?

Reigen: +1

Wilfre: 0

Miles: -1

Inconclusive (Splitting the check between each other): 0

Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 10.35.53 PM
Reigen Arataka
Imagedtlwilfreshadow
Miles Edgeworth (1)

If you're referring to the Creator or the Hero then i don't see any instance where they fall into Wilfre's bullshittery (unless you're willing to show me evidence though). All three of them are extremely adept in psychological warfare however, and can presumably see through each other's bluffs and lies (Reigen in particular). So the "battle" itself is a lot more complex than what you might think, and not just "he managed to fool a powerful being."

I feel like Wilfre hard-counters one of Edgey's more potent abilities (Logic Chess) if he doesnt show reactions or fakes a reaction, as that is kind of entirely built on the premise of reactions.

I guess Logic Chess is some sort of technique that makes the opponent open up through examining their behavior, right? I feel like the same could potentially said about Reigen, who tends to be really good at talking his way out of things. Though on a lesser extent maybe, since he does react whenever somebody strikes a particular nerve on him.

Reigen and Wilfre are noted to be really great when it comes to persuading individuals into doing their bidding, and might cancel each other out due to potentially knowing each other's bluffs and cons. Though what makes Wilfre far more convincing is his disguises, which he intentionally used to get people to believe him. This certain tactic is inapplicable in this situation because Wilfre's basically himself in the pub, and not Sock or Salem.

Miles tends to be really ruthless when it comes to debate, and might even exploit both of their shortcomings and personality flaws (Wilfre's arrogance / Reigen's temper) to his advantage during his game of Logic Chess. Though he lacks innate social skills like the other two, and is pretty awkward outside court. So his blunt nature might hurt his chances at convincing the other two to pay for the bills.

Reigen's pretty great at faking reactions and hiding his intent, with the exception being when it's an angry reaction. His skill at deconstructing and demoralizing people is pretty great, and I'm 100% certain that they at least aren't going to get him to pay for the bill, because of his stubborn personality and the fact that he's probably genuinely too poor to pay for it, which would give him a lot more drive than the others.

In the end, this isn't a debate where the goal is to reach an objectively agreed conclusion, but one where you're trying to force the opposing party, and I feel that as a lawyer, Edgeworth is out of his element compared to the others, and will end up taking home the bill.

Honestly now that I think about it, I'll change the vote system into who's the 'safest' (+1) and who's the 'loser' (-1) instead on simply who's victorious, because there's clearly going be two winners out of all of this regardless on who pays for the bill. I guess that counts as a vote:

Reigen: +1

Wilfre: 0

Miles: -1

Inconclusive: 0

lets not forget the fact that miles is probably far more richer in monetary value than reigen and wilfre combined lmao

Though they probably won't help him in a situation that revolves around a simple night at the pub. I believe if Wilfre can't get somebody rich to deal with this, he'll either have to ultimately side with Reigen, convince Reigen to pay (impossible), or pay for the drinks himself. But most likely the former, considering the prior knowledge Wilfre has on Miles.

Back