• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A lazy man and his gigantic text (Guardian Downgrade and Additions)

Wokistan said:
It's actually not that abnormal for more complex/controversial files to be put under more scrutiny/get prior approval. It's just that none of the other current staff know the verse, which does put a bottleneck on things. It doesn't help that people made like 8 revision threads when we hadn't even finished the first one and that he's pretty busy, but again it could be worse. Look at how long Naruto revisions took lol
It would be nice to have to define who knows and does not know the verse, and not depend on one person, it is the same thing as a dictator his decision will be superior to all others and impossible to be denied or contradicted. For this we have to make a topic of general discussion, and the idea of one next to the opinion of the majority and perhaps the agreement of one of the staff can be applied without problems.

Revisions have always needed staff approval. It's just that none of the other staff know the verse. Its not to intentionally give him more power or something.

But that's what makes me angry, the power of a giant verse in one person's hand is really disturbing, if no there is more of the staff we can add people we have confidence about how to work and deal with the verse and its discussions.

If he does not debate or refute, he is simply a person doing everything the way he wants and how he wants it.

Here's an idea.

Instead of assuming Azzy to be this Reich-esque dictator figure that mindlessly obliterates arguments without anything on his own

You could trust that he's in the spot for a reason, and that is because he is relatively objective and willing to provide knowledge on such things?

Crazy, I know.

Lol Antvasima was the one to delete it,but I do agree with Azathoth this verse can easily be wanked to be blunt,so blogs must be made For this verse so people can be aware of it before making a bunch of profiles.

^

A cosmology blog defining things like Vexspace and the like might be in order, or at least an extra "Defining Shit" blog concerning the more obscure facts of the verse.

Blogs of what, for what, cosmology? This I can do, wok too, but still does not justify the fact that he wants the verse the way he wants and only. I'm going to start my blog of the throne world that is better than watching someone in whom people place their trust but do not have the time to justify their motives and refute others.

Well I mean that is how it works here,the Knowledgeable members list is only to facilitate information to staff members so they can review said information on CRTs to either reject or accept it,at least that is what Antvasima told me.

Just make the file, but as a blog. I do this for literally every one of my profiles because its more convenient. That's also not really true. I've convinced him of things he didn't agree with before, its not like he's just gonna nerf destiny out of spite or something.

This is not the first time this sight or other sites go solely on both author/developer quotes and lore information, though there can be feats that can be calculated but that is besides the point.

Yes it's right. But a bureaucrat who knows the verse, he is above all, her speech is the law and this law will be absolute, his decisions will stand out above all others, and by having a long history of trust everyone will trust him without even making an argument.

So just make an argument against him? I don't agree with everything he says and as such I argue against it.

You're also the only one who seems to agree with 2-A, so is it not the exact same idea that you desire your opinion to be pushed through regardless of the thoughts of others? Azzy can't just downgrade files without a CRT, that'd be vandalism. What he can, and is instructed to do is delete files that don't meet our quality standards. The hive files weren't deleted because they were fine.

Wokistan said:
Just make the file, but as a blog. I do this for literally every one of my profiles because its more convenient. That's also not really true. I've convinced him of things he didn't agree with before, its not like he's just gonna nerf destiny out of spite or something.
If there is a level he disagrees with, and suppose we ask for a discussion about it, and it is obvious that the side he does not agree on is right, what to do?

You realize he changes his opinions like any other person, right? Azzy's not some infallible god who reigns over vsbw like some despot because his name is purple.

He's also not the only bureaucrat. If he's abusing authority, there are 3 other bureaucrats you can report that to. Deleting the vex files isn't abuse though.

before this closes, I would just like to point out that Elite Vex being 2-A is not that odd, but I will save that for when the day comes to talk about it.

This probably needs to be closed soon regardless. It's reaching the 400 reply mark very quickly. I agree that the Vex pages needed far better structure as well. Furthermore, I think that we should prioritize making blogs for the various concepts in the verse and then have them ready as resources for the next time we want to make several pages or perform major changes.

I wish we did have more communication with Azzy in relation to this thread though. It seemed to just happen out of nowhere without any prior notice from him despite the fact that we were reaching a reasonable conclusion. If he would at least participate with a bit more presence, I think that would be helpful.

before this is locked, does anyone have any idea how big Argos, the Planetary Core is? it is part of my calculation to scale Oryx's strength in the materium.

I doubt you're going to break tier 4 or even 5 with a calc excluding the expansion of his ascendant realm. What are you trying to do for this?

Quria was trying to analyze the strength of Oryx, and Oryx said that even with the thinking matter of a galaxy, Quria would not accomplish this, so I am calculating the size of a large hydra to add to the calc that would find the bits to joules from kg.

I don't think that a calc is allowed for that, nor do vex minds scale like that. What's important from that quote is that the true form of Oryx is far beyond what even the Vex in all their near omniscient glory can grasp and something I can use to wank Oryx to 1-A.

I mean that doesn't mean Oryx is like galaxy level in the materium because Quria utilizes galaxy amount of thinking matter. It is a way of measuring the amount of information it takes based on mass/energy to something that is somewhat comprehensible to likely higher. And from the quote, I don't believe he meant his true size, it is to taunt Quria that he cannot analyze that amount of power he has.

Remember I did that for the ghost that analyzed the information from a computer that broke the Bekenstein Limit. And the Bekenstein Limit can be computed with it's equation

"Simulate me, wretch. Calculate the permutations of my divinity. Compute the death in the shape of my throne. Render my shadow on the stone of ten thousand graveyard worlds! It will never be enough. I hold the Tablets of Ruin. I speak to the Deep. Not with a galaxy of thinking matter could you encompass me. Behold!"

I... doubt that whatever you're planning would fall under our standards. No offense meant.

or, hell, maybe it would, you'd almost certainly have to talk to DontTalk

The thing is, even if that's applicable (which I don't think it is but who knows I'm not a calc group), if it's for materium oryx it's almost certainly an outlier, and if it's for ascendant he has better feats.

I doubt that is that case since what we fought was a weakened Oryx, after killing so many of his hive and children that we cut off majority of his tithe that gave him strength, whether or not it is or not that is the case I don't really see it as Outlier, as we have done crazier things before. but anyway I will ask DontTalk about this.

Should we make a Destiny Discussion Thread so that we can discuss the game and possible changes that very well may be coming in the future? It could also help us get blogs situated and be more organized as well.

I already do the throne world (incomplete welp) blog and crota profile, and I agree with a thread of the tiers in destiny.

Back