• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Few Saitama & Garou Proposals :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
I will be attempting to add a few things that are missing from Garou and Saitama.

This could either be simple, or controversial. Hopefully the former.

Some of these were things that were argued before, but I don't believe they were argued for or sourced very well.

So here's my attempt.

Proposal 1​

Saitama should have Resistance to Matter Manipulation.

This is due to him being able to tank Garou's infamous Gamma Ray Burst. [Chapter 165]

As the name suggests, Gamma Ray Bursts are powerful, electromagnetic explosions of gamma-ray light, the most energetic form of light in the universe.

Gamma rays are a form of ionizing electromagnetic radiation, which can disrupt molecules and atoms by ripping out electrons.

Powerful gamma rays can cause photodisintegration (A process where a gamma ray essentially knocks the subatomic particles out of an atom's nucleus) and photofission (A process where a gramma ray causes an atom to undergo fission and split).

Since Saitama wasn't affected at all by the most powerful and high-energy explosion of gamma rays in the entire universe, he would need to have resistance to the manipulation/disruption of matter at the sub-atomic scale.

Voting Tally:

Bold
= Staff Opinion

Agree: x (0;0):
Disagree: x (0;0):
Neutral: x (0;0):

Proposal 2​

Cosmic Garou should also have Resistance to Matter Manipulation.

It was accepted on this thread and in this calculation that Garou's black hole is a real one.

Because of this, I will of course go by the idea that it has the properties of a real black hole.

Which means, just by being able to survive inside of one, this should grant Garou a degree of resistance matter manipulation. [Chapter 165]

This is because, beyond the event horizon, black holes tear matter down to its smallest subatomic components.

So that's also sub-atomic matter manipulation resistance. With the argument of it even being Macro-Quantum.

Voting Tally:

Bold
= Staff Opinion

Proposal 3​

Cosmic Garou's Matter Manipulation should be Sub-Atomic.

This is because he can manipulate nuclear fission, which is an interaction that takes place at the sub-atomic level with protons and neutrons. [Chapter 165]

Also, this could be expanded on as well, since he can create black holes and produce gamma ray bursts.

Voting Tally:

Bold
= Staff Opinion

Proposal 4​

Cosmic Garou should have Extrasensory Perception.

Apparently Cosmic Awareness was removed from Garou's page while I wasn't looking.

Which is fine and all. I understand there isn't enough proof that he is actually aware of everything in the cosmos.

But what there is proof of is extrasensory perception, at least.

Garou is one with the flow of energy which he can feel and control. For him, this the flow of all energy in the universe. He could also tell that Blast's projectile was "force transfer" at just a glance. [All of this is from chapter 165 and 166].

When Garou is killed by Saitama's reversal of causality punch, he is also shown to be surprised that it came from a place "he couldn't sense."

On top of this, Genius Intelligence should be added to the page (He already has this in his intelligence section, but not PnA). Since he can now understand all universal phenomena, and with this, is able to recreate those phenomena in his body, which he uses for his ultimate martial arts.

Voting Tally:

Bold
= Staff Opinion

i agree with all but i'm iffy on proposal 3, cuz i'm pretty sure we don't give uses resistance to their powers without evidence that their powers would also affect them whenever they activacte it

i agree with all but i'm iffy on proposal 3, cuz i'm pretty sure we don't give uses resistance to their powers without evidence that their powers would also affect them whenever they activacte it
What?

Proposal 3 is just updating Garou's matter hax to sub-atomic because nuclear fission is a sub-atomic interaction.

Also, I never suggested giving resistance based on them scaling to their own power? I'm confused.

Due to Garou's potential Sub-Atomic Matter Manipulation being a result of his ability to understand manupulate the forces and energies of the universe, he should also be able to manipulate his own Sub-Atomic matter to stop it from being manipulated by others, which is also supported by the way his time manipulation works.

What?

Proposal 3 is just updating Garou's matter hax to sub-atomic because nuclear fission is a sub-atomic interaction.

Also, I never suggested giving resistance based on them scaling to their own power? I'm confused.
i mean't two, where you scale him to his gamma ray burst due to being inside

Due to Garou's potential Sub-Atomic Matter Manipulation being a result of his ability to understand manupulate the forces and energies of the universe, he should also be able to manipulate his own Sub-Atomic matter to stop it from being manipulated by others, which is also supported by the way his time manipulation works.
that reaches too deep in speculation territory and would only be a possibly limited/unconventional resistance at best

i mean't two, where you scale him to his gamma ray burst due to being inside
It's due to him being inside of a black hole. It's not about the gamma ray burst really.

The black hole is accepted as a black hole. That's what matters here. Because black holes tear matter into subatomic components within the event horizon.

If Garou can be inside one with no issue, regardless of it being his own creation, he should have that resistance.

I agree with everything besides proposal three. From wiki:

"Nuclear fission is a reaction in which the nucleus of an atom splits into two or more smaller nuclei."

Sub-atomic particles are involved but what is being manipulated here is still the atom itself.

I agree with everything besides proposal three. From wiki:

"Nuclear fission is a reaction in which the nucleus of an atom splits into two or more smaller nuclei."

Sub-atomic particles are involved but what is being manipulated here is still the atom itself.
The splitting of atomic nuclei should qualify for sub-atomic on its own since it is directly manipulating protons and neutrons.

Nuclear fission is also caused by neutrons specifically, slamming into other atoms, and that being the cause of the split.

Another thing that could be used as supporting evidence is Garou manipulating his own sub-atomic particles. Even though he couldn't master time travel, he still was able to do that.

Stretching this even further (this is theoretical), being able to replicate all the forces in the universe should also include things like strong force and weak force. Which I'm guessing is how he does things like nuclear fission. Those forces also work at the sub-atomic scale.

I'll comment in more detail later, but I agree with 1, 2 and 4 but not 3.

I'll comment in more detail later, but I agree with 1, 2 and 4 but not 3.
Care to explain why now?

From the Sub-Atomic Section on the Matter Manipulation page:

The ability to manipulate the protons and neutrons within atoms themselves.

Would manipulating fission not qualify? It is affecting atomic nuclei specifically and splitting them to small pieces to release energy.

There's also still that supporting fest of Garou manipulating his own Sub-Atomic particles and anti-partiecles which he "generates" with his own "cosmic rays."

Contextually I think it's a subset of another power.

That is subatomic manipulation yeah
A subset of what power? What do you mean by that?

And, since he can do that Sub-Atomic particle stuff, that's enough either way, right?

Also, can Content Mods like Therefir be counted as a staff vote here?

And, since he can do that Sub-Atomic particle stuff, that's enough either way, right?
Yeah

For your other question this is the official policy
Before making sweeping or significant changes to characters or verse pages, please start a thread in the Content Revision forum first, so that the suggestions may be evaluated by the Staff and the community at large, to ensure that they are acceptable. The concluding evaluations must be handled by Thread Moderators, Administrators, or Bureaucrats, who should make an effort to base their evaluations on valid arguments, not personal opinions.

Though personally I think this is pretty straightforward

I'll add the part about Garou's Sub-Atomic particle stuff to the OP.

And I suppose I'll just contact the other OPM admins then. It's still a little weird to me that Content Mods are kicked out of the equation lol.

@ByAsura
@DarkDragonMedeus
@Damage3245

🌌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back