• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A dude of salt fights a teen of Sea Salt

Percy can, ya know.

One shot.

Okay, perhaps not one shot, but do a load of damage on him. And this is salvation ending where he doesn't get all that sweet sweet hax.

Couldn't The Saltborn destroy or absorb his soul? Even if Percy can kill him The Saltborn could just resurrect. Also can Percy get past his immortality?

The only thing I can say about DMUA is I understand his match making skills on a spiritual level.

Percy Advantages

-Combat Experience (Has a far greater variety fighting titans, gods, monsters, demigods, practically anything)

-Freezing (If he is so pushed too)

-Far better combat skill via sword (See the first point, also defeating Luke is combat is a plus to this)

-Stamina (By a mile, he fought for days/weeks)

Saltborn Advantages

-Soul Hax

-Versatility advantage (Darkness, Light, Fire etc manipulation)

-Far better combat skill without a sword (By default, Percy rarely fights hand to hand)

-Healing (Albeit Central Park does have water for percy to regenerate far quicker, at least Saltborn doesnt have to run a few hundred feet to heal himself)

I am inconclusive on if Saltborn can poison him. Percy can probably just take out the poison if its water. If its gaseous, it probably leans to Saltborn, but considering Percy can overwhelm him sword to sword, it probably evens out.

I think I lean to Saltborn as much as I like percy. He has far more one shot potential and even while I do think Percy has the sustain to keep up with Saltborn, he just has far more one shot potential.

Long term, it favors percy since eventually Saltborn will run out of magic, but even then that still does not answer to his soul sword hax. Plus, he has equal zoning potential as Percy.

Percy's saving grace can be if he if was in the water with Saltman, considering he can heal far more reliably and probably takes it in AP. (I think if I remember correctly, Percy overwhelmed Luke in water, who was possesed by Chronus. I could be wrong)

Considering however, this isnt in SBA...

Saltborn via Soul Hax, Healing, Versatility, and possibly Poison Manipulation (If is a gas, probably should still work)

Does he have Soulhax in Salvation Ending though?

How does it even work?

Though... Does Saltborn even have combat applicable Soul Manipulation in this key?

Saltborn FRA, even without the brunt of his hax he should take this.

I mean, his main thing is soul manipulation which Percy Resists.

This is in central Park where Percy can get water if he needs to. The Poison isn't a gas, rather a weapon enchantment/just some weapons in their base state.

Percy taking hits from a Soul Manipulator doesn't make him resistant to Soul Manipulation in the same way that me surviving getting shot in the abdomen doesn't make me resistant to bullets. Also, what tier is Backbiter?

Backbiter is half celestial bronze, half steel - can harm both mortals and human. Towards mortals it acts like a steel sword I guess, to supernatural characters, celestial bronze can wound 5-C Gods.

Percy is resistant to soul manip because his soul didn't got ripped. Luke's sword is supposed to rip souls.

Ah, that's different then.

Okay, so the argument now for Saltborn defaults to damage versatility and the ability to heal without water, to which Percy in-character gets into water. Saltborn has Electricity attacks, though. In water that's gonna suck. Combined with Salt's other stuff, I still vote Saltborn.

Alternatively Percy could stab him once with the AP Advantage.

What's difference in AP, out of curiosity?

The Salty boi is Baseline and Percy is >>>22 Gigatons

Really? Then yeah I'd switch my vote to Percy, if the gap is that big then Percy takes it handily without major hax on Salt's side.

Though, if the Saltborn does manage to get a flask of defilement into his mouth or something, that would be a good way to deal some good damage.

Either way vote counted.

I believe I have just Woke-ified Dargoo

Back