• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Dandy Discussion in Space, Baby [Space Dandy Discussion Thread]

While I know that the demand for anything related to Space Dandy is low, I have some hope that there are others out there willing to discuss the story and feats surrounding it to hopefully make more profiles. I thought of this after recently beginning a rewatch.
1592f730-d706-44b5-826c-1a047e93a0aa

I'm putting too much effort into this

Getting to episode 7, "A Race in Space is Dangerous, Baby!", It seems that ships in verse are incapable of going past the speed of light lest it sends the ship and anyone in it through time itself, which likely massively limits the verse's speed with ships...

Of course, this might be some alternate universe shit that happens with every episode, considering the revelations near the end of the series

Space dandy episode 13, Pyonium also has the effects of enlarging things at an atomic scale, a good thing to note (I'm talking to myself at this point)

I'm interested in the series, but I don't think I remember it well enough to make any conclusions AtM.
That's alright, it's available on Hulu for both dubbed and subbed. Though, actually, I should say the English version is basically the subs, and the Japanese version is the dub by process of the English version airing first on Toonami.

I lied about the dub on Hulu, only season 1 has it available

Halfway through episode 14, it's about the cosmic string. Basically if it's pulled, it can open a gateway to another universe, where you can get pulled through to. It can basically appear anywhere, and the funny thing about these universes is that Dandy is a constant. In every universe, even if they look different completely, it's still Dandy. Which should make it different to warping (even though these universes are called parallel), since warping instead takes you to a universe one to one alternative the current universe you're in. I wonder if this could mean anything.

Finished the full episode

So when you unravel the cosmic string too many times, time and space just starts collapsing in on itself. The very nature of things start conradicting itself, space is altered, and time starts to get jumbled up, where things either only take a second or 2 months. Not sure if this counts for anything, but I thought it would be good to bring up.

So in terms of quipment, how would that be handled in a hypothetical profile? Since a lot of the time stuff is usually not kept around. But what about as optional equipment?

I'm saying this because Dandy has some pretty sick equipment, like a flashlight which can bfr people to another planet

I lied about the dub on Hulu, only season 1 has it available

Halfway through episode 14, it's about the cosmic string. Basically if it's pulled, it can open a gateway to another universe, where you can get pulled through to. It can basically appear anywhere, and the funny thing about these universes is that Dandy is a constant. In every universe, even if they look different completely, it's still Dandy. Which should make it different to warping (even though these universes are called parallel), since warping instead takes you to a universe one to one alternative the current universe you're in. I wonder if this could mean anything.
Going back to this, I saw the dubbed scene that explained the cosmic string, and the almighty narrator flat out states that there's an infinite number of universes.

This means at the end of the series when Dandy does his super cosmic punch, he destroyed an infinite amount of universes, placing him at 2-A at the end of the series.

As for when he's a normal human, he can survive a giant cliff face falling onto him, multiple impacts that create small craters in stone, survived the vicinity of Johnny's robot exploding, and also survived a house explosion that sent a Shockwave many meters away. Of course, by nature of the show, would base Dandy have a varied rating?

So in episode 22, there's a time manipulating vinyl record, Dancingians that can end up creating black holes, and if Dandy gets sucked in the reaction of pyonium creates a Gamma Ray Burst.... I wish there was someone smart here to understand this

So aside from 4D beings existing, there being a whole ass 2D universe, 1D and 0D stuff existing....

Dandy is surprisingly quite intelligent. He's one of the few people even comprehending and knowing how warping works, knowing that warping doesn't actually exist, that it's just dimensional travel and that you can't realize it. Either he only acts like a dumbass, or this was a spark of genius only for this.

Pyonium (true name M.E.G.A pyonium) is confirmed to bend space and time in episode 25

It's alo theorized that Pyonium can teleport through space via strong emotions like killing intent

Last edited:
On the final episode, it's directly stated again that there are a countless number of universe, and that one taken control of Pyonium can manipulate any possibility

So, finished my rewatch of Space Dandy, was lit, Watanabe's best work. Anyways, Pyonium Dandy's stats are probably like: 2-A AP, striking strength, and durability; Lightspeed; multiversal+ range.

As for abilities, probably anything Pyonium is shown and stated to be able to do

As for base Dandy, that's tricky and requires a lot more calculations

PS, the narrator AKA actual GOD makes a difference between Universes and Parallel Universes. Does this mean anything?

An unfortunate note is that many, if not all of the links in that thread are to GFYCat, which has been down since months ago.
There is at least 1 thread on Reddit that's half a year old mentioning how they'd been down for 2 months at the time of that thread's posting, & mentioning methods to use GFYCat again, but IDK if those methods work.

Still, even if someone doesn't figure out how to restore those GFYCat links, the descriptions that the links are in should help identify context, & it's a somewhat short series, so it can't be THAT hard to find the sources, right?

& if we can't restore the links, we need to figure out which feats are the most important to look into right now, if that's even a thing.

Back