• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A crabby troll vs. an ogre

1st off, Wall Level is a very big range. So knowing their exact AP/SS & Dura numbers is important.

Anyway, without knowing what their AP/SS & Dura are scaling to &/or calc'd at, I'd assume Shrek. Quoting Karkat Vantas's own page:

Weaknesses: Harbors an absurd amount of self loathing, Possibly the most irritable person on Alternia, Often feels so inferior and helpless that he is unable to do anything, Little actual combat experience

So we have someone irritable, with inferiority complexes, & "little actual combat experience" vs someone who's actually fought a bit, tossing armored knights into the barrels, fighting through small armies....

Shrek is a brute, & not skilled, but he's definitely got more combat experience. His biggest risks are fooling around -according to his own weaknesses section, apparently.- & maybe getting distracted by his
4th Wall Awareness. ("What?! There are people watching us fight?! What kind of weird nerds are these people?! Go away!")

I dunno if 4th wall awareness actually has a use here.

MAYBE there's a risk of his fooling around getting to Karkat enough that Karkat actually breaks through his inferiority complex, but I'm still unsure & doubtful he has the skill or experience to outfight even a brute like Shrek. Especially if he starts trying his best late into the match.

Also, nothing indicates his statistics would change if Shrek riled him up enough anyway.

The best advantages I can say Karkat has are maybe his intelligence if he applies it & his extended melee range with his sickles. How useful his intelligence partially depends on the place of battle, however.

Also, I'd bet Shrek's High Stamina rating beats Karkat's....

....Wait, what the heck?

Why doesn't Karkat Vantas HAVE a Stamina rating on his profile?!?!?!

(Anyway, for now, voting Shrek via experience, possibly higher combat skill, High Difficulty. Also, would like to know AP, SS & Dura values for both, & Stamina for Karkat.)

Imaginym said:
1st off, Wall Level is a very big range. So knowing their exact AP/SS & Dura numbers is important.
Anyway, without knowing what their AP/SS & Dura are scaling to &/or calc'd at, I'd assume Shrek. Quoting Karkat Vantas's own page:

Weaknesses: Harbors an absurd amount of self loathing, Possibly the most irritable person on Alternia, Often feels so inferior and helpless that he is unable to do anything, Little actual combat experience

So we have someone irritable, with inferiority complexes, & "little actual combat experience" vs someone who's actually fought a bit, tossing armored knights into the barrels, fighting through small armies....

Shrek is a brute, & not skilled, but he's definitely got more combat experience. His biggest risks are fooling around -according to his own weaknesses section, apparently.- & maybe getting distracted by his
4th Wall Awareness. ("What?! There are people watching us fight?! What kind of weird nerds are these people?! Go away!")

I dunno if 4th wall awareness actually has a use here.

MAYBE there's a risk of his fooling around getting to Karkat enough that Karkat actually breaks through his inferiority complex, but I'm still unsure & doubtful he has the skill or experience to outfight even a brute like Shrek. Especially if he starts trying his best late into the match.

Also, nothing indicates his statistics would change if Shrek riled him up enough anyway.

The best advantages I can say Karkat has are maybe his intelligence if he applies it & his extended melee range with his sickles. How useful his intelligence partially depends on the place of battle, however.

Also, I'd bet Shrek's High Stamina rating beats Karkat's....

....Wait, what the heck?

Why doesn't Karkat Vantas HAVE a Stamina rating on his profile?!?!?!

(Anyway, for now, voting Shrek via experience, possibly higher combat skill, High Difficulty. Also, would like to know AP, SS & Dura values for both, & Stamina for Karkat.)
Yeah Karkat's page is a little outdated. Karkat having little actual experience comes from something said about him at the beginning of the comic. By the end of the comic he has survived living on the crapsack kill-or-be-killed world of Alternia. Beaten Sgrub, which is a game that destroys the players planets and puts them through horrible trials just create a new universe while leading a team of people who would rather kill each other then cooperate, and led a group of gods to help defeat a nigh-killable Lord of Time. As for stamina he forced himself to stay awake for several days without showing any signs of tiredness other than being more irritable than usual.

Back