• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A couple of Orphans try to win Greed Island in HxH verse.

I'm now getting into The Promise Neverland anime. I'm liking it so far. It got my mind thinking of a nice game I believe the 3 kids may have a chance to defeat.

So, the orphans possess all their standard equipment. They are given the same instructions about the game similar to all Hunters. Handicap support for the game. The previous game master Go will be able to answer only 3 questions the Orphans may have.

Emma

Norma

Ray

Do yall think they have a chance to win or will they end up having a Game Over?

GI Map

No, they won't win because Nen abilities are required for part of the games.

Besides, animals/monsters are 9-B whereas their strongest weapon is 9-C.

What the f*ck? They don't stand a chance. Even if they are initiated, it takes an enormous talent to master Ten within less time than one takes to faint from exhaustion. And beyond that, anyone who cannot yield mid to high-end 9-B with their nen is no match for the Greed Island. There is a reason why Gon and Killua were initially rejected despite having months of training and a few battles of experience. You need a minimum power level and a hatsu ability already created to stand a chance. A Hunter who isn't already just cannot do that.

Now, if you gave all three of them one in ten million talent, had Gon become Wing+Biscuit to them and teach them the four fundamentals before they enter and the seven basic techniques (Gyo, In, Shu, Ko, Ken, Ryu and En) as they are inside, they might stand a chance because they are smarter than any of the Hunter x Hunter protagonists and would work together very well. If that's the case, they might even win, albeit I'd recommend Killua rather than Gon to teach and aid them.

But most importantly... their nen types? I feel like Emma would be an enhancer, Ray would be a Transmuter as he's pretty much Killua but weaker but smarter and Norman would either be a transmuter or a conjurer. That's obviously based on the pseudoscientific nen personality test mentioned by Hisoka, but it kinda fits them.

I really forgot that you do need nen for the game, but I was just going with allowing them to get in without just for the sake of the game. @Elizhaa

@Mand21

You made some super valid points that didn't even cross my mind. However, the reason I think the kids would do great even without the notable nen factors would be because of the whole Magic Cards and Binders access in the game. The 3 kids with their Accelerated Development and Weapon Mastery could easily use the SpellBook for their advantage when it comes to necessary combat.

You know the funny thing is would Ray it took me a like a day watching the anime to realized Ray and Killua have the same voice actor. So, for sure I can see him being a Transmuter along with the same nen types applied to Emma and Norman you just pointed out. So, overall the main objective of the game is to fill the Binder with all 100 cards.

It's more likely for Naruto to enter and survive Greed Island. And It should be luck that the minimum power for entering is 9-B, Tsezguerra could have had the minimum be up to 8-A instead.

The problem is many of the challenges on the game require Nen. You don't defeat Razor without first being able to hold your Ken for at least five minutes in order to stand a chance, spell cards will help with nothing for that.

Also, may I mention something? Base strength (strength without Nen) is extremely important in Hunter x Hunter. How strong you are without using Nen determines how fast you're gonna be while moving, which is why Killua had an advantage of speed over the Bomber who had a greater aura capacity. This means that not only do the kids need Nen, they also need to be trained up to the Charles Atlas Superpower levels to which Gon, Killua and the others have. They need to be able to open the gates of challenge, at least up to the second one, or else they're nothing. This means Killua will have to awaken their nen and train them physically, mentally and in Nen throughout half a year or even an entire year before they're ready.

Asking whether they could complete the Hunter Exam would be more fair. The answer is still "no", though.

Pretty sure they don't. It requires far above average stamina for that. Actually, just passing the average Hunter exam requires high intelligence, high stamina and peak human physical attributes as minimum requirements. And you need some sort of differential, something that can vastly outclass people who are only at that same level, on top of that.

And of course, these are the minimum requirements. You'd actually need Composite Human or something similar to pass the exam with a normal human bare-handed, as almost everyone who passed used weapons or advanced tricks.

@Mand21

Dang now that you mention all those points. I guess the kids aren't ready for Greed Island for sure. I was thinking they would have a lot of chances in gathering cards, but when you mention Razor. I know for sure as of my knowledge on the series they aren't ready for them. I like your idea about the whole Killua and Gon training aspect, but maybe The Hunter Exam would be fairer, but if we are using the timestamp when Gon and Killua first contributed about the run. I'm not sure they have the stamina to complete the run.

How about we have Homura's Crimson Squad enter Greed Island instead? Let's assume though that they know how to use Nen and their mastery of nen will depend on how skill of fighters they are.

Back