• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
First question I have is, I keep hearing about Stands having "layered Intangibility," but I'm not entire sure why. Is it because they're non-corporeal and have Phasing, or is it something different I missed?

Second, how does King Crimson's Time Erasure interact with a generic Time Manip Resistance? Because I have been trying to think of how that'd work for like 20 minutes now and I still have no clue.

Thanks in advance for any and all answers

And, if they have an all encompassing time manip resistance, then I’d say time erasure while they can’t stop it, they would prob be able to move and see in it. But a specific resistances to something like time stop or time slow would likely be useless.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks the layered intangibility is BS. I was just being polite in case I'd missed something... Cuz I've made that mistake before

Second, how does King Crimson's Time Erasure interact with a generic Time Manip Resistance? Because I have been trying to think of how that'd work for like 20 minutes now and I still have no clue.
well resistance to time manipulation is a case by case thing so there's really no answer to this question
resistance to time stop is useless against it, but if they acausality then they'd probably be able to act in the removed period of time

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks the layered intangibility is BS. I was just being polite in case I'd missed something... Cuz I've made that mistake before
also, you might have missed this one, but here.
And this
i dont have the mikitaka scan atm. so this'll do for now.

theres also the one where Polnareff phases through Death 13, so stands being "invincible spiritual energy" or shit like that, shouldnt only be limited to not being able to see, etc.

Answer to the first question:
Stands have layered npi because ghosts and people who can see ghosts cannot interact / see a stand.

Answer to the second question:
Can be? King Crimson also influences causality so I can't give an absolute answer.

Lol what? No they aren't, they're a part of Purgatory, but they aren't ghosts. They're said to be an unstoppable force of nature in JoJoveller, not ghosts despite popular belief. They're there own entity, much like the mountain gods and other such things, a part of the world that just exists.

about the layered intangibility, it’s probably about the whole “ghosts can’t interact with stands” thing

Also, different stands have different “layers” of intangibility too, like, Dragon’s Dream was intangible even to F.F.’s stand attacks

Honestly two statements about "only Stands can interact with other Stands" and "Stands are an unstoppable force of nature" doesn't convince me that ghosts can't interact with them. The sheer fact is we never see a ghost even attempt to touch a Stand, so it's vaguely possible at best. It's just as possible that they'd interact with ghosts like an energy attack would to a physical body since they're described as an entity of Spiritual energy (so technically still tangible). This isn't a CRT, so my bitching here isn't gonna change anything. All I'm saying is that I need more evidence.
(And before people mention Kira's soul being taken to Hell, the ghost hands are only going for him and not Killer Queen, I don't think that proves anything)

Also to address some of the specific ones mentioned. Silver Chariot phasing through Death 13... Well, all Stands have Phasing. I know this. As for Dragon's Dream, that is much more acceptable as a one-off rather than something that all Stands have. Though it might still be Phasing like with Polnareff.

Honestly two statements about "only Stands can interact with other Stands" and "Stands are an unstoppable force of nature" doesn't convince me that ghosts can't interact with them. The sheer fact is we never see a ghost even attempt to touch a Stand, so it's vaguely possible at best. It's just as possible that they'd interact with ghosts like an energy attack would to a physical body since they're described as an entity of Spiritual energy (so technically still tangible). This isn't a CRT, so my bitching here isn't gonna change anything. All I'm saying is that I need more evidence.
(And before people mention Kira's soul being taken to Hell, the ghost hands are only going for him and not Killer Queen, I don't think that proves anything)

Also to address some of the specific ones mentioned. Silver Chariot phasing through Death 13... Well, all Stands have Phasing. I know this. As for Dragon's Dream, that is much more acceptable as a one-off rather than something that all Stands have. Though it might still be Phasing like with Polnareff.
Except that, stands are expressed to be invincible spiritual energy, which, mind you, ghosts like Reimi exists, but despite that, stands are considered to be invincible spiritual energy, so no.

"Silver chariot phased" no, it was Pol that was being choked by death 13 but was unable to even touch death 13, at all. His hands and shit just phased through him and all. "vaguely possible at best" if you dont ignore statements about the invincibility to others, and what it actually refers to, then thats not true. Its not just "being unseen" but it also refers to intangibility "ah but it has to say it!" incase you say that- Thats wrong. We have feats shown to us as to what happens if a somebody interacts with a stand without NPI, and its not limited to visual, it extends to EVEN touch. So why would we assume this isnt the case for ghosts as well, who, stands are literally shown to be > them? And even have statements throughout the verse having them considered to be invincible, despite their existence in the story? Saying it doesnt apply to ghosts as well is sus bro.

Okay so I just realized I was arguing this wrong the whole time. Give me another chance to explain my points, I think I got this down now.

So, first off, why are Stands intangible?
On the Stand page they are listed to be non-corporeal and can phase through solid matter.

Ghosts are by default assumed to be immaterial intangible entities due to being made of a disembodied soul, which isn't physical matter.

However, no characters at all are assumed to have non-corporeal NPI without feats, including characters who are ghosts.

Slams hand on desk Ace Attorney style
What I'm getting at with this information is that unless Stands are also Immaterial in nature, it does not prove that they are "more intangible" just because ghosts can't hit them. Ghosts would need a feat or something concrete in order to prove that. The statements about Stands being "invincible" are irrelevant once you break the logic down like this.

I hope I made a better point here than in my last posts.

As for Dragon's Dream, that is much more acceptable as a one-off rather than something that all Stands have. Though it might still be Phasing like with Polnareff.
yeah I was just talking about how stands can have different “layers” of intangibility, but yeah Dragon’s Dream specifically has that, it’s not like all stands have it or anything

yeah I was just talking about how stands can have different “layers” of intangibility, but yeah Dragon’s Dream specifically has that, it’s not like all stands have it or anything
Lol, I completely changed my argument after I made that point, so you're responding to something I'm not even arguing anymore

Anyways, Emporio states his ghost objects(which are ghosts) can’t kill living things, so ghosts can’t interact with stands(if his ghost gun could, he could shoot a stand and do more than just scare the user)

Anyways, Emporio states his ghost objects(which are ghosts) can’t kill living things, so ghosts can’t interact with stands(if his ghost gun could, he could shoot a stand and do more than just scare the user)

I believe this part of my new argument covers this.
So, first off, why are Stands intangible?
On the Stand page they are listed to be non-corporeal and can phase through solid matter.

Ghosts are by default assumed to be immaterial intangible entities due to being made of a disembodied soul, which isn't physical matter.

However, no characters at all are assumed to have non-corporeal NPI without feats, including characters who are ghosts.
So essentially the point is that ghosts not being able to hit Stands doesn't make Stands more intangible than them, but that they're just intangible for different reasons and thus interaction is logically impossible.

I mean, if a literal soul cant interact with the manifestation of somebodies soul.... Ghosts and stands are very similar. in many ways, a stand is literally the users soul. It just has superpowers. When Black Sabbath draws out the old Mario guys soul, it’s just a ghostly visage of him. But when Giornos soul comes out, it’s Golden experience that appears. Thus, stands are souls. And thus, they would be intangible for the same reasons a ghost is. And so, if a ghost can’t interact with a stand, but can interact with itself and other ghosts, stands are simply more intangible

I mean, if a literal soul cant interact with the manifestation of somebodies soul.... Ghosts and stands are very similar. in many ways, a stand is literally the users soul. It just has superpowers. When Black Sabbath draws out the old Mario guys soul, it’s just a ghostly visage of him. But when Giornos soul comes out, it’s Golden experience that appears. Thus, stands are souls. And thus, they would be intangible for the same reasons a ghost is. And so, if a ghost can’t interact with a stand, but can interact with itself and other ghosts, stands are simply more intangible
I have been letting this point stew with me for ages because I didn't wanna make a half assed response, but for the first time here I don't think I have anything I can say against this. So, I tip my hat and concede that I was wrong.
I don't regret questioning something I felt had faulty logic at the time, but debating like this is how some of the best learning happens. So thank you for helping me get a better understanding of how the funny ora ora man punches so good, lol

Back