• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A bit of a gripe I have with some of the Bleach characters.

I've read most of the profiles in the verse and man it seems like a good number have these pretty good hac, like Niazol who can bend space and thus bend attacks coming at him, and that cross eyed girl Giselle who can make anyone a zombie with her blood. Then you got the infamous Gremmy, the literal ******** Reality Warper.

My problem is alot of Bleach characters have really good abilities but use it in the stupidest manners that lead to them losing fights, be they the "Good" characters or the "Bad" characters.

It just kinda bothers me.

Well, the plot has to advance, so the enemies usually cannot be too efficient.

I mean it's not the dumbest series I know. There's some Portuguese animes out there that are just dumb.

You should read the manga to see how stupidly the fights end in thousand year blood arc. Especially Yhwach

Well, the last chapters were likely severely rushed by the editors.

It leaves a bad aftertaste to have such a long series be forced to culminate in such a silly manner. I hope that Kubo will get the opportunity to retell the ending the way he wanted at some point.

It's just so happens I'm watching a Portuguese anime with my friends right now and tis is dumb.

You wanna talk about characters with good abilities and using them in the most ******** manner caused by CIS and PIS. Two words, Bill Cipher. Ho lee shiiiiiiiit.

If there is no character induced stupidity by OP characters who can win fights left and right, or some plot induced stupidity to thwart such characters, then it is not a shounen.

I agree though. A lot of the fights in the series could have been ended better. Then there's the problem of some characters coming up with greater hax powers of their own just out of nowhere in order to win. But as Thebluedash said, Bleach is not that bad in the grand scheme of things. Fairy Tail is probably at least as bad if not worse. Ditto for Dragon Ball (I mean with certain OP characters not using their full power and just getting it over with).

Western works are not immune from this. Star Wars and the DC Animated Universe really struggle with this issue.

And don't even get me started on Indian works. Oh boy. Our superpower comics and cartoons are just monumentally stupid.

Welcome to Shonens, a land of plot devices, unexplained powerups, and overly confident villains. I'll be your guide.

Back