• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A better image for Vector Manipulation

Skalt711

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
The current image in the page doesn't show the work of the ability, so we preferrably need to find an image that actually show its work.

I'd appreciate if we can find a better image for Vector Manipulation~

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Speaking of which, we turn the mention of Sale on vector manip into a link since he has a profile
Gotcha. I handled it.

Skalt711 said:
Mind sharing this .gif with us?
Here, I exported the gif from a youtube video.

We can put the caption "With his spell Set, Shirou Kotomine can force his Black Keys to land and return to their target should they be reflected"

Looks good. Mind uploading it to the wiki?

I'm fine with the caption.

I'm obvisously biased here, but I would argue that Accelerator is the character most commonly associated with vector manipulation.

Maybe one could generate a gif out of this, this or this scene.

VM1

VM2

Here to gifs of the latter two. (If they load)

I suppose that Iapitus' gif example shows the most accurate point of view of the ability.

@DontTalkDT

I can't post my reply because of you changing your reply <_<

Iapitus The Impaler said:
The two of those mostly look like Attack Reflection
The fact that the effects of vector manipulation are indistinguishable from telekinesis will be a general problem here.

The gif you suggested, for example, looks just like a spell that launches thrown the swords at the target.

Here are two versions of a less reflecty option, though:

VM3
VM4

My issue with Accelerator:

Everything, without context, appears to be Attack Reflection/Redirection or Telekinesis.

You need the verbiage to understand precisely what occurs on-screen.

Vector Manipulation would need a pretty explicit gif of the meta-occurrence, which is to say, we would need a shot showcasing the forward vector simply being inverted. Accelerator himself explains this absurdly well in Toaru, but to my recollection we get zero objective showings of this in either the manga, anime, or LNs.

Xulrev said:
That's the general problem you will have, Accelerator or not.

No matter the media all things VM does could also be another ability. VM is dinstiguished by its mechanics not its effects.

But a picture of someone explaining the ability would miss the purpose of a picture IMO. Hence, I think a commonly associated character using the ability is the best option we have. (Unless we find something like a meaningful diagramm)

I can absolutely agree with that DontTalk.

Perhaps a gif with the verbiage included would be the best compromise? Sure that undermines the purpose of a picture being worth a thousand words, but when you absolutely require further information to contextualize what happens on-screen, it's not a poor solution.

Accelerator is, however, the most-well-known user of VM imho, so utilizing him is good. Thankfully, he does explain the ability quite a bit. A dubbed gif with the explanation inside the gif might not be a bad option, thoughts?

I think that the more action, less talk picture will be appreciated.

I won't without consent kek. I will say that it is ******* with a bunch of people in the jojo community that we cannot figure out what its name is referencing

Just put a maliodus reflection .gif if you think about it if he makes contact with any magical attack he can redirect the blast the moment it hits his sword

Back