• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Beast Of Nature vs The Ultimate Life Form (8-0-6)

I mean I guess BtD mayyyyyyyyyyy work, I don't see MiH being all that useful tho cause iirc you can't go to Infinite right off the bat. Didn't we discuss earlier that Whitesnake won't do a whole lot?

I mean I guess BtD mayyyyyyyyyyy work, I don't see MiH being all that useful tho cause iirc you can't go to Infinite right off the bat. Didn't we discuss earlier that Whitesnake won't do a whole lot?
wdym? the speed amp should be faster than the canon one, not know much. also he just need be fast enough to do a speed blitz.

BTD is eh, it would active if he kill kars or destroy his soul, but it's mostly useless? would just be a loop

I don't see him resistin to sleep manipulation so

Both of those were the world tree Swamp thing, this is classic swamp thing, not post flash point

just some questions

1) it's combat-applicable?
2) it's in-character

both proof needed

also if im not wrong stands needs some times for being totally destroyed, this could eventually mean that bites the dust would like still work.
Swamp Thing's attacks are 2-C. Not a single stand will tank that.

I will gather the proofs if you want.

can destroy or affect his past a good bypass for type 8?

White Snake Ultimate would be good tho for making him KO.
White Snake can't do a thing to Swamp Thing. His mind and soul are one with The Green.

And destroying Swamp Thing in the past does nothing. Ignoring he should have acausality, you need to outright destroy the Multiversal+ Green in order to even start considering in killing him. And even that doesn't work, as he still would have access to "other Greens" of other celestial bodies.

Edit: Sleep hax also doesn't do a thing, because Swamp Thing's body is... Simply a means to interact with the world. His true existence is purely vibrational, as an abstract self that exists within The Green itself.

So let's start by giving a bit of good ol' context, aye? [Issue #61 of The Saga of the Swamp Thing] (Yes, we will use a lot of scans here, you asked for it ovo)

In the above scans, we are shown Swamp Thing travelling through space as an astral existence, described as "a knot of memories, thoughts and impulses". He was attracted by this planet poblated by a sentient species of plant-life, searching for a host, a body. He didn't realize this before it was too late. Swamp Thing quite literally merged in mind and soul with a civilization of sentient creatures, needing the intervention of the Green Lantern of that sector in order to stop "the horror". The Green Lantern used a wavelength technique, manifesting lights in a specific vibrational frequency, cutting off ST's soul and trapping it. We are shown that ST's "bio-field" (his soul) is an accumulation of vibrations that latches onto planetary frequencies in order to find a body and have form. The Green Lantern then teaches him how to shift these frequencies, which Swamp Thing hopes to use to go back to Earth (as this was after Lex Luthor managed to launch a vibration attack that cut him off The Green, BFR-him off of Earth).

This is the origin of his ability, which we are shown very quickly how strong it actually is.

Well then, here comes a second batch of sweet-sweet scans. [Issue #62 of The Saga of the Swamp Thing] (And we aren't done with these ovo)

In the next issue, we are presented with Metron of the New Gods, in his quest of discovering the secrets of The Source, being in the Final Barrier of the cosmos, right outside of The Source Wall. Encountering a Mother Box, this particular Mother Box makes a call across the void of space, summoning Swamp Thing, who possess a plant that Metron had found. After communicating with the Mother Box, Swamp Thing is taught how to travel and go pass the Source Wall into the Source by shifting its vibrational frequency. Here we are shown ST shifting into the frequency of souls, and reveals how all existence is but vibrational at the most fundamental level. Reaching the fringes of reality, ST and Metron are detected by a Transmuter. Long story short, ST vibrates once again into another level of the Source Wall (Metron believes he entered The Source itself, but the issue later revealed he was mistaken, they were shown "an Aleph" and were bombarded by visions of infinite points in time).

So, ST is able to shift his frequencies in order to access other levels of reality, that are at least tier 2 (if not outright tier 1, given he was indeed capable of going through the Source Wall, but I believe in the site we don't accept that as a tier 1 feat, since The Source Wall exists in all levels of Creation...which we are shown such in that issue, ST shifting between the frequencies of The Green and the afterlife before going even beyond).

I will split the post in two parts (partly because of laziness, partly because it would get pretty large otherwise), but now you see the origin and reason ST's vibration attacks can outright target souls, and it's not something Kars or his stands can really tank.

Next post will be showcasing its combat ability with it (as well as other feats of soulhax ST has that don't rely on the vibrations, but are less in-character).

Wait, isn't there a new rule or smth? Smth like "if the slower character speed blitzes the faster character due to speed equalization and amps, that match will not be included on the profiles."? Or has that rule not been implemented yet?

Wait, isn't there a new rule or smth? Smth like "if the slower character speed blitzes the faster character due to speed equalization and amps, that match will not be included on the profiles."? Or has that rule not been implemented yet?
  • As a result, winning a speed equalized match against a faster opponent due to a speed boost so large that it blitzes the opponent will not be added.

Yeah that. Though I guess Kars still wouldn't win since he can't really do much except for speed blitzing and Inconning I guess.

Scans: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [Issue #69 of The Saga of the Swamp Thing]

Let's start with combat. After Swamp Thing was lured by the Parliament of Trees into a trap, they attempt to merge his mind and soul into The Green. We are also shown the creation of a new ST, with him feeling the soul of a man and what he describes as the mesh of all life. Being soothe by The Green, ST would've been haxxed into forming a new part of it, but he snapped out of it by his will; reaching out, he touches "another Green", the energies of the Moon, which he called "The Grey". By the power of The Grey, he was capable of bursting out of The Green, and literally tier off the other 4 members of the Parliament of Trees. Reminder that his ability to access this is rooted in his vibration technique. Issue #72 explicitly tells us The Green itself was disturbed by ST's actions, as he tore away the members from it.

Scans: 1 2 [Issue #71 of The Saga of the Swamp Thing]

Here we are shown that Swamp Thing is capable of binding and communing with the soul of another avatar of The Green, capable of purifying and cleansing it from the effects of repeatedly trying to live, as well as the memories of its attempt to be born, once more through his vibration. His vibration can also take and lead the souls of the departed to heaven, as he did to the passengers of a plane crash.

Scans: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [Issue #73 of The Saga of the Swamp Thing]

Now we are shown a battle in astral battle. An ancient avatar of The Green was sent to take care of Swamp Thing (possibly destroy him, as it was shown wounding and kind of erasing his astral self). Both are shown to interact with the soul of the other, with Swamp Thing being entirely consumed. Swamp Thing however is able to, from within the other avatar, take control of it, merging their essences and taking possession of its body in order to bind the sprout's soul to Abby (good ol' vibrations, eh?). Oh yeah, and feat of ST literally regenerating its soul even without using The Green.

Scans: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [Issue #74 of The Saga of the Swamp Thing]

Showing us the aftermath of the battle with the dinosaur avatar of the Green, Swamp Thing cut him off of the planet, grabbed his astral body and transported it to Mars, where the creature bounded to. Travelling back to Earth, ST confronts the Wild-Thing, an amalgamation of the members of the Parliament of Trees that he cut off from its network in the Green. With a single vibrational attack, ST erradicated their bodies and separated their souls, something that he explained to Abby. He was also completely willing to fight the four at the same time, but they talked out. At the end, ST was done having to deal with all this bs, and decided he would outright kill the soul of the sprout (who reminder, was to be the next Swamp Thing).

Scans: 1 2 [Issue #75 of The Saga of the Swamp Thing]

Indeed, ST was shown having the ability to outright kill another avatar's soul, physically grabbing him and threatening to bite him. He didn't, tho. This is the same sprout that later became Tefe Holland, ST's daughter. Not only that, in this issue it is explained that ST's mind and thoughts are linked directly to his astral body, so all the other feats? Also apply to mind-attacks (which was also explicitly said by the Parliament of Trees when ST merged the 4 members and cut them off of The Green).

Any questions?

So, not only are his vibration and soulhax combat applicable, 100% in-character for him to do and even spam from the get go.

I haven't read any comics but I have seen a video about ST....the part where he gives the philosophy lesson on good and evil to GEB after it had just defeated Spectre, Dr Fate, Phantom Stranger was badass as hell.....

I haven't read any comics but I have seen a video about ST....the part where he gives the philosophy lesson on good and evil to GEB after it had just defeated Spectre, Dr Fate, Phantom Stranger was badass as hell.....
One of my favorite issues, indeed.

I highly recommend reading it. It talks about and show a lot of DC cosmology, brings back and give the spotlight to old comics and characters from eras past (including House of Secrets that later became a staple in Sandman), while exploring the philosofical struggles of a being with such an important duty in the world and his feelings of humanity and his individuality. In fact, that's the reason in the scans above that Swamp Thing describes himself as "The Duality". In Issue #75 he explores this idea to the extreme, realizing he represents Duality as he is the Swamp Thing with greatest tie to his humanity; through his love of Abigail, his wife. His experiences shaped him into this entity, capable of realizing the truth: That all and everything is one, which prompts him to trascend in mind and reach The Source and the level of The Presence.

It's quite the acid trip, ngl. But pretty fun.

Back