• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A battle between villains who refuse to stay dead. Sigma vs Ganondorf (One more vote)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FateAlbane said:
The ammount of headcanon being employed for the Malice substance is so big to try and fish a win for Ganon this late that it hurts my eyes to read.
Ehm, why?

We gave Ganon Low-Godly for that.

After his body is defeated we see malice coming out of his body.

Ganon is literally made of malice.

We literally see him taking malice and pulling out a "body" made of it.

Why wouldn't it be the soul?

BruceTheBatman said:
He's not that badly outhaxed, he just less abilities overall
He definitely is, compare the 12 or so one shot abilities Ganon has and the 3 or so abilities Sigma has to beat his regen

Ganon would win without prep but with it he can't employ it well enough to take the W

Also, all of this is implying that Ganon will ever get hit by any of these. As I said above he's far more likely to just turn the whole battlefield into "lol transmutation". He'd do that even if he wasn't in a battle situation, for crying out loud.

First off, Super Saiya---I mean, first off, Malice.

Malice not being possibly harmed would translate to no one ever finishing Breath of the Wild since the final boss there is basically Ganon merged with it.

Second off, from the Hyrule compendium:

"After Ganon was defeated by Link, the remaining Malice pulled itself together to form this bestial creature. [...] This form is considered to be Ganon's original, although in this state, his awareness has been consumed entirely by Malice, and all he knows is a desire to rampage and destroy."

Ganon goes "dumb" when it comes to his Malice form. He becomes a literal beast incapable of coherent tough. This state would actually make him more susceptible to get rekt by Sigma. He also gets glowing points, kind of like how the glowing eyeballs that come along with Malice throughout the game.

Also there's 0 evidence in the game ever saying Malice = Ganon's soul. They only mention it's his "original form".

Finally I've never seen Link hammering his disembodied soul with explicit soul deletion attempts or something of the sort.

"Malice not being possibly harmed would translate to no one ever finishing Breath of the Wild since the final boss there is basically Ganon merged with it."

Nope, in the first phase you hammer his physical body, in the second you weaken him with Zelda's help. Via using a power that Zelda gives you and that works only in spots she appositely creates to weaken him.

"Ganon goes "dumb" when it comes to his Malice form. He becomes a literal beast incapable of coherent tough. This state would actually make him more susceptible to get rekt by Sigma. He also gets glowing points, kind of like how the glowing eyeballs that come along with Malice throughout the game."

As I said, only in BOTW, not in TP, in which he has shown the ability to regenerate several times without such limitations.

Me: "Malice not being possibly harmed would translate to no one ever finishing Breath of the Wild since the final boss there is basically Ganon merged with it."

You: Nope, in the first phase you hammer his physical body, in the second you weaken him with Zelda's help. Via using a power that Zelda gives you and that works only in spots she appositely creates to weaken him.

I'd like to know how each of these statements null each other. Especially so when the compendium of the game itself says Ganon was defeated before this form and Zelda mentions that he has even given up on resurrecting and just wants to unleash destruction upon the world.

This argument consists of going against the canon of the game to use what interpretation you find more advantageous for Ganon basically.

If Ganon wasn't shown noping Soul Removal and Destruction of Sigma's level as a disembodied soul then I have zero reasons to believe Malice Ganon is impermeable to that hax.

Because in first phase you defeat a body, in the second you can only affect him via Zelda using her holy powers creating points in which you can affect him via light manip.

All of this is implying that Ganon will ever get hit by any of these. As I said above he's far more likely to just turn the whole battlefield into "lol transmutation". He'd do that even if he wasn't in a battle situation, for crying out loud.

The game mentions a form though (quote above). I feel like this other interpretation lacks evidence in comparison so I'm not going by it. And Malice is definitely a physical thing, the sludge is recurring throughout BotW.

You want to vote Ganon, go ahead, but I already agreed to disagree with you on that.

Ganon simply has to wish for it and everyone's dead, just like how Link killed Denise in Skyward sword, even though there are 2 years of prep Ganon will still know what he will do since he can read minds. Not to mention Gano can just create a replica of Him with precog which will retain his abilites, who will easily push through the army of robots. There's also BFR, which can make this fairy easy for Ganon since it doesn't take much, in ALTTP all it takes to BFR Link is a flash of light and he's in Dark world.

My vote goes to Bacon Boy

Unholy Bindings said:
Ganon simply has to wish for it and everyone's dead, just like how Link killed Denise in Skyward sword,
...? Demise wasn't wished away at all, though. He was defeated in direct combat.

Also I don't think BFR counts for much.

He would be trying to BFR every single instance of the non-corporeal sigma virus, the virus in Cyberspace and every single one of its infected hosts.

FateAlbane said:
Also I don't think BFR counts for much.

He would be trying to BFR every single instance of the non-corporeal sigma virus, the virus in Cyberspace and every single one of its infected hosts.
If Ganon got his wish, everything becomes the BFR target.

Kind of off-topic, but if this whole wish deal is so powerful, why aren't we having either Ganon or Link with the Triforce casually whistling people away in threads right and left, as long as they are 3D?

Hell, you didn't use that "Wishes away, done." deal even when Full Triforce Link was pitted against Yukari, which at the time translated to his loss.

And if it reaches across to stuff likeCyperspace wiping every Sigma in sight, I'm 100% sure it would wipe Yukari and a lot of 3D characters all the same following the same line of reasoning.

Wishing people out of existence isn't in character for Ganon, or anyone for that matter. However, ever since the Triforce has been introduced, his goal has always been to make the Dark World and the Light World become one. It's just that the Dark World has stupid passive effects.

Honestly don't buy this whole "Ganon wishes him away stuff" In my opinion Fate has the better arguments. Sigma FRA.

IMO. It's not in character for Ganon to wish an opponent away. However, with prep he can easily wish for it to happen, and when he wants to merge the dark world with the light, giving him what he needs to do it plus 2 years, he would make it happen.

Ganon should take this

Unholy Bindings said:
Ganon isn't pushing through an army of other 4-Bs at all. Sigma, on the other hand, is pretty easily going to cut through any mooks Ganon throws at him since they're like High 6-B. Sigma can also create replicas mind you.

Also, Cyber Elves and the souls of powerful reploids, such as X, (which should have similar composition to Sigma's own virus form) can go between the physical realm and cyberspace, so I don't think BFR's gonna work honestly.

Ganon is not reading Sigma's mind. Period.

Also,

@TheArsenal

If Ganon could wish an opponent away he'd have wished the Seven Sages in the Fallen Hero timeline. But. He. Didn't. Despite having the supposed power to, and supposedly being nigh omniscient with the triforce of wisdom, if I follow

would ganon use "wish power" right off the bat? because I find it much more likely for him to use other things first. And from what I read here the fight would not last so long that he would had time to desire something, sigma using AZ and then deleting its soul is much more likely to occur first and would make the battle last very little time.

@Bruce

Again it's not in character for Ganon to do so and I said that. I'm suggesting that with the prep time of 2 years, he can actually consider to do that. Also he wants and desires the fusion of the dark and light worlds and with prep he can just do that and seal Sigma

Yeah pretty sure I saw no counter to telepathy or BFR, Ganon doesn't even need to use the trident, watch the first battle between agahnim and Link, all it takes is one flash and they'll all wind up in the DW, and since sigma doesn't have any resistance to transmutation go figure. Also it's not like Ganon didn't directly resist soul destruction when Minda purged him out of Zelda's body or when she directly attacked him with fused shadow when he was in his soul form. It doesn't matter how many of them are because they are all geting BFRed or paralyzed from waves of darkness that gives him more than enough time BFR or even a ish them goners.

As of now Sigma is leading with 7 votes in comparison to Ganon's 4

But let's not forget the other voters which OP had yet to add (Crimson, Dragon, Metal, Velox which is 11) and Ganon's additional voters (Phoenix, Arsenal and Arrogant which is 7)

Sigma still haaaaaas all that takes it

Ganon with full Triforce would just wish "to conquer the world" like he tries to wish since literally always, said wish transforms the land into a new Dark World as seen here:

"Ganon's wish was to conquer the world. That wish changed the Golden Land to the Dark World." Essence of the Triforce.

Which basically does passive "lol transmutation".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back