• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A 100 year old bike messenger vs. A ninja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing Atomic Bombs to mindscrew is one of the single worst comparisons I've ever seen on this site.

Gargoyle One said:
Comparing Atomic Bombs to mindscrew is one of the single worst comparisons I've ever seen on this site.
and the second part? you cant add raw power to mindhax, and that exemple works for all powers, you can affecte an are using a power, doesent mean you can force the power into a smaller area.

having range of effect doesent mean you can force the ability onto a smaller scale

<You can't add raw power to mindhax

And that's where your comparison fails, you're comparing Raw Power from bombs to the range and potency of Mind Screw, and the rest of your examples do the same.

Gargoyle One said:
<You can't add raw power to mindhax
And that's where your comparison fails, you're comparing Raw Power from bombs to the range and potency of Mind Screw, and the rest of your examples do the same.
so you compleatly missied the magic comparisson? alright than

and you dindt explain how it would mean they can force its power into a smaller scale and increase it this way, which is true for all aoe attacks, mental or not

Oh I didn't miss it, I just believe it's untrue and it is.

You compare mindscrew by how many it's affected.

Gargoyle One said:
Oh I didn't miss it, I just believe it's untrue and it is.
You compare mindscrew by how many it's affected.
and you wont explain why?

you are the one comparing it to how many it affects, not me. i am saying that unless proven or explained, there is no reason that it would become more powerful by affecting less peapole.

Gargoyle One said:
I'm doing that because that's how we judge it on this site. It's that simple.
so, your not protecting its logic because other peapole agree? i guess god is real then.

and you are the only one who i ever saw bringing up that a mindhax resictence wont work due to the amount of enemiesa the mindhax has effected

Ricsi-viragosi said:
so, your not protecting its logic because other peapole agree? i guess god is real then.

and you are the only one who i ever saw bringing up that a mindhax resictence wont work due to the amount of enemiesa the mindhax has effected
You read very few threads where scale of hax is compared then.

Anyway https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1393942

......You KNOW that can be seen as offensive and different people have different beliefs right? Now is not the time to bring up God in a versus thread....

^^This was another mind hax discussion that went left because we don't have a standard way of defining how potent mind hax is.

we need more context. For example, what could the person who could mind hax 10,000 people do with their mind manipulation?

Control all of them and make them her slaves.

Also it was said on that Mind Hax discussion that controlling all of them is enough to qualify, so that is that.

@Gar

Is there a mechanism behind it? Like she has to kiss someone or something?

Have people been shown to resist it?

Also, is that the only mind hax in the series? Is there a limit to how many people she can control at one time? When it comes to hax, often times they aren't portrayed to have limits like that (Don't mean to NLF, but it's just true) the only portrayed limit to Itachi's Tsukuyomi (As far as range goes) is his chakra reserves and his eyesight , if not for that, he could potentially spam it (Just like any other sharingan jutsu) Itachi can even use it to destroy minds ( Which is Killing the victim, and isn't something most mind manipulation users can do).

No matter how much range your flash freeze has, it can never be as potent as absolute zero without actually being absolute zero. This should also work in the case of soul manipulation, no matter if you can controll thousands of souls at once, a character who has more uses with their soul manipulation (example, a character who can pull thousands of people's souls out of their bodies vs a character who can eradicate, combine, shatter, transfer, and absorbs souls at will) would at least be more potent within a confined space.

Another interesting thing about this discussion is death manipulation. There is a MC in a light novel who has OD death manipulation. He has bypassed resistance to death manipulation, he can kill inanimate object and things that aren't even alive, he can "kill" magic(which is really just power null), he can kill certain things on a person (foot, eye, etc), he can kill a person from miles away without even knowing their location. All of this he can do with a single thought. I don't see how his death manipulation wouldn't be more potent than someone who can kill a town via death manipulation, just because he hasn't used his power in that kind of way before/ just because of narrative decisions.

Obviously, i'm still not convinced potency=range in the case of mind manipulation.

They come into contact with her tar, that simple

Did you ignore me saying, multiple times in this thread, that Cole resisted it and still got mindscrewed by Kessler?

Stop derailing the thread by comparing Mind Manipulation to Absolute Zero or Death Manipulation or other haxes that rely on different mechanics, you can't compare apples to oranges.

Then what do you think results in the potency of mind Manipulation is? Because even assuming potency=/=Range which is false, Kessler still has him beaten out.

This is all completely worthless of course because now that I check Naruto's profile he has absolutely zero resistance to Mind Manipulation, so he gets Mind ****** and Kess calls it a day.

People are blowing this mind has stuff outta proportion. For future reference the more people you mind hax, the stronger it is. The higher the dimensional level of power the person you mind hax is, the stronger it is. It is a simple rule to follow.

Kessler is>>BoS Cole, who before even activating his powers created a 347 megaton storm.

There is also zero reasoning for Naruto winning aside from Shadow Clone Spam, so the side is non-existentl

Dragonmasterxyz said:
People are blowing this mind has stuff outta proportion. For future reference the more people you mind hax, the stronger it is. The higher the dimensional level of power the person you mind hax is, the stronger it is. It is a simple rule to follow.
I personally think the complexity of the mind manipulation is also relevant. IE Itachi vs a random ninja that uses aoe genjutsu.

@Dragon

I agree to some extent, if the mind manipulation is similar in use, then you can use how many they can effect at one time...but that's a last resort, that shouldn't be the first thing you look at especially when one charcter can clearly affect the mind more than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back