• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

He-who-must-not-be-named vs the One with the many titles

Voldemort vs Erago
2017-17-08-18-52-37
Conditions

+ Speed is equalized

+ both are serious

+ they fight in Hogwarts

+ win by any means

+ both are in character

+ Eragon just gets his sword, no other items

+ Saphira is far away

Erago: 7 (TheVividen, MasterOfArda, MrKingOfNegativity, God-King Superman77, Monarch Laciel, Unite My Rice, EMagolorSoul)

Voldemort: 0

Inconclusive: 0

This is honestly a really difficult decision. Eragon is clearly better physically, and his sword helps with that, but Voldemort has much more experience using quick spells in combat and he has terrain advantage from Hogwarts. It might come down to how Voldemort over-relies on his single instant-kill spell, while Eragon has twelve that do the same thing. I vote Eragon high difficulty.

I agree with the Vividen.

Eragon has far better variety of magic, with countless one hit kills. Far more then the basic twelve. Unlike Voldemort, who can't simply ignore distance with his spells, he can activate there affect instaneoulsly.

When it comes to durability/distance negation, I'd say only Darkstlaker or the like can beet him. Ultimately that's all Voldemort has, durability/distance negation, and win he's outmatched in that, he's a goner. He certainly can't brute force overpower Eragon, he is very weak in that department.

I vote Eragon with mid-diff

From what little I remember of Eragon and his home series, he's just a bit more impressive.

1. Already mentioned above, but Voldemort only has the one instant-kill attack, whereas Eragon has numerous, as well as several that just hit instantly. Not even just the offense-oriented ones; I remember what an Empathy Spell did to Galbatorix, and Voldemort is right there next to him in terms of how much he's guilty of doing to people.

2. If this gets physical at any point in the fight, Eragon is killing Voldy with a single swing of the sword.

Overall? Eragon, mid-high difficulty.

Eragon uses a death word, a blood vessel in Voldy's brain squeezes too tightly, Voldy drops dead.

If he has the name of names he negs all but the non-verbal spells too.

Azzy, maybe? Other than that, I don't. Everyone other active member who I've seen show decent knowledge on book/novel characters is already here.

Admittedly though, I don't know every member of this site, and I only run into a handful of users on here anyway.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
From what little I remember of Eragon and his home series, he's just a bit more impressive.
1. Already mentioned above, but Voldemort only has the one instant-kill attack, whereas Eragon has numerous, as well as several that just hit instantly. Not even just the offense-oriented ones; I remember what an Empathy Spell did to Galbatorix, and Voldemort is right there next to him in terms of how much he's guilty of doing to people.

2. If this gets physical at any point in the fight, Eragon is killing Voldy with a single swing of the sword.

Overall? Eragon, mid-high difficulty.
I feel Eragon would win, because of Negativity's great reasoning on why.

Looks like the fat lady just sang, people. That's 7 votes.

Our Shadeslayer officially has his first win.

Yeah.

Volemort can't win if you can negate his hax, which is very easy.

Voldemort is one of the weakest character's in fiction.

MasterOfArda said:
Yeah.

Volemort can't win if you can negate his hax, which is very easy.

Voldemort is one of the weakest character's in fiction.
Want to add he is one of the weakest characters in fantasy If you gave him prep time, might be stronger since he can stock up on horcruxes but just kill him multiples times, should be fine.

Almost all of his fights on this wiki tend to wind up like that, actually.

To be fair, he just lacks ap He may be good with hax But it is either A. Easily avoidable B. Not combat viable.

Prep time voldemort I guess can kinda make this fair, but wouldnt change my vote But I guess we can close this, no use thinking about what ifs.

Since we have enough members on this threat with knowledge on the books, it would be nice to see how this threat turns out.

KinkiestSins said:
To be fair, he just lacks ap He may be good with hax But it is either A. Easily avoidable B. Not combat viable.

Prep time voldemort I guess can kinda make this fair, but wouldnt change my vote But I guess we can close this, no use thinking about what ifs.
I have heard some people say he has more brute force then Sauro

Back