• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-C Horror Tourney Round 1: The Boogie Man VS Mark Hoffman

Boogie Man is a pretty decent combatant, he slaughtered like ten-fifteen people overnight, but the other guy seems comparable (probably better) and, most importantly, has a gun. While in a fistfight Brendon would win, cause he has higher AP (Downscaling a decent amount from 6k joules), the gun would mean he'd easily lose at a distance.

However, Brendon is a really good manipulator so especially if he catches on to the fact that Hoffman was a cop, which is a kind of person he's got a lot of experience with, he might be able to trick him into approaching him and even lowering his guard.

I'm not into FNAF, would the pizzeria be a good place for the Boogie Man to use his stealth? Or hell, even his prep, he can create pretty deadly traps with relatively common equipment.

Honestly this is a pretty good match considering it happened randomly, the Boogie Man is basically a Saw ripoff and the protagonist of that game is a cop so it works out pretty nicely.

Yeah, they're pretty even all-around, they share a lot of P&A lol. Still, using stealth is pretty handy for Brendon in particular since he's weaker at long range, but would probably win a fight at close range.

Before commenting on the match, I'll say that Armor has one of the most based god-tastes on the wiki for games. Haven't played the games yet, but I've watched a few gameplays and they are really cool. Reminds me of the Chzo Mythos, actually, which I should work on sooner or later.
I'm not into FNAF, would the pizzeria be a good place for the Boogie Man to use his stealth? Or hell, even his prep, he can create pretty deadly traps with relatively common equipment.
Certainly, Freddy mainly "fights" you in FNAF1 by stealth and being a real butt about it. The pizzeria is not very large, except for the main lounge, but it is full of dark areas, corners, small rooms and tight corridors. I can provide a map if needed.

Before commenting on the match, I'll say that Armor has one of the most based god-tastes on the wiki for games.
Same to you, brother.
Haven't played the games yet, but I've watched a few gameplays and they are really cool.
Mhm, they're a little goofy when they try to be scary but I really love their stories
Reminds me of the Chzo Mythos, actually, which I should work on sooner or later.
Oh wow, Yahtzee made those huh. Interesting.
Certainly, Freddy mainly "fights" you in FNAF1 by stealth and being a real butt about it. The pizzeria is not very large, except for the main lounge, but it is full of dark areas, corners, small rooms and tight corridors. I can provide a map if needed.
Hmmm, that might actually be handy, I'm thinking if the Boogie Man chooses to go with making a trap he'd look for the kitchen, since that's gonna be full of sharp and flammable stuff. But at the same time it might be too obvious of a decision, so maybe he'd go with something else?

Let's analyse this, without further ado!

Oh, another aspect of the environment, tht favours the Boogie Man slightly: Unless he finds himself in the corridors (which... he shouldn't, a tight corridor with no obstacles in mind against someone with a long-range weapon is asking for death, particularly if it is a gun), there's always a lot of available cover. For someone at their skill level, I don't think it'd be hard to stay under cover and avoid gunfire, although being caught in the open would still be really bad.

But aside from that, the environment is good for both of them: It favours stealth, is really easy to hide, and has a lot of material for making traps. It would be really funny if they used the animatronics to make some traps or if they came active in the middle of the thing, making it a four-way stalking and ambushing game, but I digress.

AP: Hmmm... Yeah, I'm with Armor here, their AP is mostly identical. I'll say that Mark has one feat that is more impressive than the rest, which is breaking a woman's neck with his bare hands, since all the others they performed could be done by a normal, if strong person using the weapons they did, and breaking a neck is an affair that requires someone of enormous strength, luck or the correct situation. But since we are not sure what of these three factors did her in, I'll assume that their strength is mostly equal, while factoring a possibility of Mark being stronger.

LS: Mark seems more impressive. He seems to carry people easier and, from what I remember in the SAW series, Mark is not easy to overpower in a strength contest.

Durability & Toughness: Again, Mark seems superior, if only because he seems to tolerate injuries and pain better. Nota significant advantage, but it's there!

P&A/Equipment: Finally, a field that the Boogie Man has a clear advantage, and not a small one! Both are stalkers with experience in trap-making, so the stealth, preparation and genius intellect are expected. Mark's syringe is useful, but, really, if any of them is caught by the other in an ambush, being grievously wounded and escaping is the best outcome they can expect, so having a possible OHKO is less reliable than it seems, although I won't dismiss its usefulness. Mark is also a better fighter, natch, and has a gun, so if he catches the Boogie Man in the open, he's dead.

But the Boogie Man is far smarter than Mark, looking at the profiles. His preparation is better, his traps are more refined and built with significantly less assistance and time, his social influencing is actively used in combat to bait enemies, and has a very, very good understanding of psychology. Mark is the better fighter, but whenever and how they fight, it will be on the Boogie Man's terms. He won't be getting caught in the open, and I don't expect him to fall in any of Mark's traps, while the inverse seems far more likely.

Veredict: If I had to guess, the Boogie Man wins... But only 6/10 of the times. Reasoning below:

The match will be decided by the first few seconds of the match. If Mark manages to catch the Boogie Man or successfully shoot him dead, that's it right there. The Boogie Man is not that outmatched by Mark, but with Mark's LS, sleep syringe, possible superior AP and better tolerance to injury, I don't think it'd be a good outcome for him. But if he does get away, his mastery over traps, psychology and superior intellect ought to take the cake, and personally, I'd bet on the latter.

However, Brendon is a really good manipulator so especially if he catches on to the fact that Hoffman was a cop, which is a kind of person he's got a lot of experience with, he might be able to trick him into approaching him and even lowering his guard.
Hoffman is FBI and worked for Jigsaw, I think in a straight fight he'd just shoot the dude

AP: Hmmm... Yeah, I'm with Armor here, their AP is mostly identical. I'll say that Mark has one feat that is more impressive than the rest, which is breaking a woman's neck with his bare hands, since all the others they performed could be done by a normal, if strong person using the weapons they did, and breaking a neck is an affair that requires someone of enormous strength, luck or the correct situation. But since we are not sure what of these three factors did her in, I'll assume that their strength is mostly equal, while factoring a possibility of Mark being stronger.
Boogie Man scales to Keith Baring who has two feats in the 5/6thousand joules range, although the former did leave him in pretty bad condition and the latter was a fall he took with his whole body.
P&A/Equipment: Finally, a field that the Boogie Man has a clear advantage, and not a small one! Both are stalkers with experience in trap-making, so the stealth, preparation and genius intellect are expected. Mark's syringe is useful, but, really, if any of them is caught by the other in an ambush, being grievously wounded and escaping is the best outcome they can expect, so having a possible OHKO is less reliable than it seems, although I won't dismiss its usefulness. Mark is also a better fighter, natch, and has a gun, so if he catches the Boogie Man in the open, he's dead.
Syringe should be even with Brendon's taser, I think.

Boogie Man scales to Keith Baring who has two feats in the 5/6thousand joules range, although the former did leave him in pretty bad condition and the latter was a fall he took with his whole body.
Oh, oops, didn't see that.

Then yeah, Boogie Man's chances just got up significantly.
Syringe should be even with Brendon's taser, I think.
Oh man, I really need to read things while paying more attention, I completely missed that. I'd say Mark's tolerance to injury would tolerate a taser shock better than the Boogie Man could to the dangerous doses of anesthesics that'd come with the syringe, but there's nothing stopping the Boogie Man shocking him again, so yeah.

Boogie Man wins this more conclusively than I previously thought. Mark still has injury tolerance advantage, more skill in combat, I think, and LS, but Boogie Man also has a way to mostly OHKO and superior attack.

Back