• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-C Bracket Round Five

Crimson_Azoth

VS Battles
Retired
5-reasons-to-grapple-in-a-streetfight
The fifth round of the 9-C brackets begins! The winner of the last round was nobody!

For this round, we have Alice Fuji, sponsored by Anto versus SCP-469, sponsored by Potato.

Hub

Current Standings: https://challonge.com/xquujoz3

• Speed is equal
  • Battle takes place inside 469's containment chamber
  • Contestants begin at opposite ends of the chamber (30.48 meters / 100 feet apart)
The Spider: 4 (Anton, DontTalk, Listen, Straw)

The Birb: 1 (Wok)

They both catch insects together: 0

Fujii.Alice.full.2108877
NVxkdjC

Antoniofer said:
How much lethal the poison? Does it requires contact or its poisonous gas?
It's non-lethal, I believe. It causes long lasting extreme pain and prevents the target from passing out. It's transferred by the feathers of the wings injecting it on contact.

I think Alice has 2 advantages here:

1. Interpreting the summary correctly SCP-469 probably doesn't attack right away, but will likely only do so once she approaches (or provokes it, i guess).

2. Her fighting method seems silent which should limit its Regenerationn.

If she can additionally keep fighting when under extreme pain I think she would have very good chances to win this.

Then is not difficut to avoid, even when poisoned Alice has supported being injected several times by a spike that contains dinoponera's poison (it was pretty painful at first but then it gained determination and was "fine").

Antoniofer said:
Ok, now I'm confused, it is lethal or not?
I only read the summary, so Azoth is probably right. It's still slow acting, though.

Any human or animal that touches or gets too close to the surface of the creature will be quickly enveloped by the outstretching wings and drawn inside. Despite the feathers' soft appearance, each hair has a sharp point that quickly pierces through clothing and into bare flesh, releasing a neurotoxin that immediately stimulates all the pain receptors in the body, as well as other stimulants to keep the victim from passing out too quickly. This is to make the victim scream loudly, thus feeding SCP-469 even more until the victim eventually goes into shock.
Ok so apparently it's maybe lethal?

Welp, she was injected by a poison that cause shock too, so I believe she can avoid loosing her mind. Also, she do not need to be at melee, just trap the creature with silk and then bind it, then it would be immobilized and more easily to defeat.

The way I understand it they eventually go into shock due to too much pain, which can be lethal. Though how fast one goes into shock from pain is dependent on once pain threshold, I guess.

Without pain resistance feats, one can probably say that it is eventually lethal (given time and possible a large amount of poison).

Anyway, for now I vote Alice.

2-0 in favour of Alice

Remember guys, this thing regenerates in the presence of sound. Can Alice kill it quietly?

According to Ovens, even tiptoeing in the room is enough sound for it to feed on. That means cutting in to it is probably considered edible too.

Alice's main weapon seems to be her silk, which I would expect to be pretty silent.

If it can even feet on tiptoeing than it might still have some regen, but unless demonstrated otherwise I would assume that it is too slow with only that few noise.

She is stealthy, so being loud is not an issue; even tho, Regenerationn wouldn't make it escape from beind trapped in silk, eventually turning everything silently. Finally, contricted enough, it can slice through it with the threads.

Antoniofer said:
She is stealthy, so being loud is not an issue; even tho, Regenerationn wouldn't make it escape from beind trapped in silk, eventually turning everything silently. Finally, contricted enough, it can slice through it with the threads.
Cutting and slicing instruments, due to their close range, resulted in failure and the loss of two agents
~ 469's file​

This is no conventional thread, is entirely made of spider silk, can stand up to 600 kg and not break by attacks that would easily cut through doors and tables. Also, whta does the texts means exactly, like the creature have dermal armor, or is a danger to get close?

It means that it resulted in the agents being killed and 469 regenning. Their screams of pain def helped with that.

Spider Silk wouldn't be any quieter than a normal blade cutting though

Quick quotedump so you guys know what you are dealing with

At first glance, SCP-469 appears to be a gargantuan pile of white feathers measuring 8.84m (29ft) in diameter
Any human or animal that touches or gets too close to the surface of the creature will be quickly enveloped by the outstretching wings and drawn inside. Despite the feathers' soft appearance, each hair has a sharp point that quickly pierces through clothing and into bare flesh, releasing a neurotoxin that immediately stimulates all the pain receptors in the body
All termination methods of SCP-469 have been unsuccessful. Flamethrowers were initially used, but the noise from the discharging propellant as well as the crackling flames gave SCP-469 the energy to grow faster than it could be destroyed. Cutting and slicing instruments, due to their close range, resulted in failure and the loss of two agents. Acid immersion is being suggested.
You could say it is kind of dangerous to get close to it

Its by constriction, although its unknown how loud could that be. I guess the creature doesn't need to breath? Do not seems possible to suffocate it.

"Upon closer inspection however, subject is actually a vast array of enormous white avian wings, tightly curled up into a dense mound. Each wing varies in size and span, ranging from a few centimetres to several metres, but all are covered with glossy white feathers."

Yeah I dunno how you're gonna strangle that

Does she have pain resistance feats on the level of "every pain receptor in the body going full blast at once"

There is a dude inside that, so you can strangle that, but god knows how you can get through the wings to get em

Thinking the other way around: What would 469 do if Alice just keeps attacking from a distance?

Guess is not possible without a neck to constrict, immobilization is still possible however.

As for the pain tolerance, she resisted being impaled by a spike that induce dinoponera's poison, aka bullet ant; going by a in-verse description (I believe based in real life) one guy put his arm in a nest of these ants and was so painful that he passed out, once awake he commented that if he had a knife close he would have cut his own arm to stop the pain.

Although she do not need to be at close range, trapping is what she does better, countering attacks and such; she also have her pseudo reactive evolution.

@DontTalk Regenerate. It's chamber also isn't very big, so she can't really do that.

@Ant That is inferior to every pain receptor at once, and a whole nest of bullet ants is obviously superior to 1.

Trapping a thing that barely moves in a containment chamber designed to be as unconducive to that sort of thing as possible is also not likely to work.

Keep in mind she has no idea what this thing is. What reason does she have to be unusually quiet or randomly try and range spam it?

Anyways I'll probably cast my vote for 469 rn. It only really needs one attack to win, because that much pain causes noise that feeds its regen and leads into more and more attacks until she's dead. She doesn't really have a reason to take this fight unusually silent and cautious, and doesn't even have much room to do so given that the fight takes place in it's containment room.

It was a spike infused with the poison, not a sinfle ant sting, and it were several stabs (granted, she suffered a while and piss over herself, but that was before reaching her peak and her "max potential", recovering in the same fight).

Hm, never paid attention the the battlefield, for some reason I though it was a parking within a building. More freedom of movement and could do more aside of binding, any weakness that can be exploted?

Wokistan said:
@DontTalk Regenerate. It's chamber also isn't very big, so she can't really do that.
Its Regenerationn is tied to sound, though, so it can't keep doing that if the ranged attack is silent. A 30m chamber is technically big enough to keep outside the range 469 is indicated to react to, seeing as one can apparently enter its actual chamber, which is only 15m wide, without getting attacked.

Wokistan said:
What reason does she have to be unusually quiet or randomly try and range spam it?
Would you get close to a alien creature you're told to kill? No reason to be quite initially but given her learning capacity I would assume her to quickly figure out the connection between sound and the regen.

I mean even that is still inferior to literally every single pain receptor on full blast, and you said she was suffering quite a bit with her thing which is rather noisy.

I think killing the humanoid beneath all those wings would kill it but am not entirely sure given that they haven't just taken an AMR and shot straight though the wings. Putting it in not its cell would make its regen unstoppable because ambient noise constantly fuels it.

Those people entering it in the article wear suits designed to block out any noise, and aren't provoking it. It can be physically restrained with probing rods and shit. It's going to notice something trying to cut into it, and cutting isn't silent.

I mean, yeah, given that it seems to be her regular fighting style judging by the descriptions of stuff she's done on her file. She wouldn't really get a chance to put that information into use, because 1 injection ***** her over.

Other thing, the creature do not seems special in close combat, with acrobatics and her 100% concentration capability (forget its name), she wouldn't have problems dodging ans blocking attacks, and eventually trapping it and restraining its wings. After that, is possible that she tries to find a way to kill it, either constricting with the threads or stabbing it the the Spider Fang, and if she hasn't noticed the sound-augmentation stuff, and the creature regen, it would still be restrained, although is also possible she commit a mistake and is poisoned, that could or not stand.

Not really a lot of space inside a containment chamber to be doing acrobatics and stuff, and blocking this thing entails touching it meaning you get needled and yeah. She doesn't seem to have a shield or anything.

I'm not really sure about restraining it either. That sounds like it would be not totally silent and thus spawn more wings, it already has impossible degrees of flexibility to it as per the [www.scp-wiki.net/scp-469 article], and this thing is 29 feet in diameter and weighs several tons compared to her LS listed as athletic human.

She use her silk to block attacks, a create an armor and counter/reflecting attacks.

Welp, it is an amalgamation of wings, but maybe the wings by itself do not weight nor cause that much of a heavy impact.

How much silk can she spawn in at once?

The article straight up says it's that heavy. That's not an extrapolation.

Right now I don't remember, but she is capable to draw enough to protect herself from Sasori's tail. She also set traps while being trapped in combat, and tjeir opponents generally aren't aware of it, ao is not a noisy process.

Welp, a feat about how much force can produce by its wings would be needed, but if it can produce a ton of strength by a simply wing, that would put it on Wall level territory.

Well if she's blocking 9-B attacks with it it's probably not allowed. There's no place to put traps. It's a bare, soundproof containment cell. They're designed so traps can't really be put in that the foundation doesn't want.

It's really heavy because it's huge, but it doesn't have AP feats beyond killing some D Classes. Speed also seems wanked so yeah. Can't really bind up a 30 foot diameter blob of winfs

She isn't 9-B, it can just block attacks due her silk (due elastic properties, is also 7 times harder that steel), is called parrying, but that is up to OP. You would be surprised how does she put some traps, although I see having more issues in an clear room (something like seems kinda in disasvantages for someone as Alice, but that is also up to OP).

Other thing that may or not be wrong, a wall of meat whose limbs are strong enough to kill soldiers that weights over two tons is something that would have more durability than street level.

Collectively yeah. I don't really like "durability via size" though

Me neither, they are as durable as the material they are made of, although, if the wings are that strong maybe they are made of some muscle tissue, making it at least comparable to "buff" animals of the same mass (I may be wrong tho).

Back