• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Brackets: Round 9

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Time for the winners to fight!

Hopefully this isn't a stomp, but if I is, I won't be replacing Quinlan, rather Hat Kid will just move forward.

A81542d231560e4935ecc5fbf20bbbb5
Ninth Round of the 9-B Brackets begins! Our contestants for this round are Hat Kid, and Quinla. Click here to see current standings.

Speed is equalized, and Hat Kid has all equipment save for the Time Stop Hat and the Time Pieces for obvious reasons.

Hat Kid - 6 (Chartate, Spino, Apies, Overlord, Velox, Core)

Quinlan - 1 (Mand)

Hat Kid
Rupert Penry Jones Quinlan

Quick thing, before everyone starts voting Hat Kid for versatility, take into account Quinlan's skills, experience, and regen (Also has a higher AP/Dura if I'm not mistaken)

I don't see him winning, but still.

Hat Kid - 2 (Chartate, Mand)?

Quinlan -

To be fair, Quinlan also has a range advantage, and is better at avoiding attacks and projectiles, but eh.

If a counter to time manip is given, count on me switching my vote to Quinlan due to being extremely intelligent and thus capable of efficiently countering everything else (seems not like much).

But for now...

OP: "Hat Kid has all equipment save for the Time Stop Hat and the Time Pieces for obvious reasons."

Quinlan FRA due to his strategical and range superiority, plus ability to counter everything Hat Kid has.

Hat Kid - 5 (Chartate, Spino, Apies, Overlord, Velox)

Quinlan - 1 (Mand)

Isn't the AP advantage literally on Quinlan's hands? Plus, there's nothing on Hat Kid's inventory that Quinlan is a stranger too and he is far more intelligent. He should take this one. I'm sorry, Overlord775, but I have to call BS on that comment just now.

Actually, not. If dude weighs 80kg, that's 4.706 MJ of KE. If door is 5cm thick, 2m tall and 0.75m large, then 5*200*75 = 75000cc and that's 15.6 MJ for fragmentation energy.

I do not know the actual values for the steel door he broke down or an actual average, but shouldn't go to less than a third of this. The 2m height is pretty good for a door.

Edit: The steel door is here, I have no idea how to size it but seems like it did get fragged.

Well, technically, yes.

Though it does use a different calc to slice something in half. >.> I think it should get a similar value, though. Ugh, now I don't know at all, lel

need to know how to do it, first >.>

Should I use ultimate tensile strength times distance...?

If so, values can range from 200 to 2100 MPa. Gonna make two mid-ends: high-mid end is arithmetic average or 1150MPa and low-mid end is geometric average or 648 MPa (rounding this crap to 650).

Low-end: Distance traveled at 200 MPa. 10 MJ for 5cm. 2 MJ for every cm traveled.

Low-mid end: Distance traveled at 650 MPa. 32.5 MJ for 5cm. 6.5 MJ for every cm traveled.

High-mid end: 11.5 MJ every cm. 57.5 MJ total for 5cm (easily 9-A so probs shouldn't be used.

Not even gonna calc the high-end. Low-end should probably be used which makes for a notable but not overwhelming gap in strength.

Also

Hat Kid - 6 (Chartate, Spino, Apies, Overlord, Velox, Core)

Quinlan - 1 (Mand)

Yes, I can. Those weren't hax restrictions, they were equipment restrictions.

Wait, so how are we gonna have Round 12? -q Also, aren't a few rounds misnumbered on the link? >.>

Back