• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
CinnabarManx421 said:
It'll be fine Christian, you can watch the rest of us slaughter each other from the VIP lounge, bring your popcorn, it'll be an entertaining show.
Yeah, sure. While I'm busy IRL, I guess I can TOTALLY watch.

Christian Higdon said:
Yes...vengeance always sounds fun....hehehehehe.
Anyways, I really wanna say Freddy wins, but he might get beaten up.
Assefa has to face Alec next, Spy vs Spy action is always entertaining.

It his. His human form scales below it, but not by a super significant amount. He and Freddy are around the same level AP wise, though I think Crimson said that above.

So the same AP wise. That means either Assefa shoots down or Freddy bites him and claims a win. I dunno who wins so far.

Though why would it scale not a significant amount below it if you're using a 600 pound person for the formula?

Wouldnt you have to put, like, the weight of an average man in there for replacement? I feel like that'd give a pretty different number

I mean, Freddy would have to bite his head. If he bites, say, his arm or something and breaks the bone, Sanura's necklace activates and he likely loses pretty badly.

I scaling him to his cat form. I guess I could put in his weight and get a different number. I guess you can divide the result by three since he's over 200 lbs of muscle. But I was more so basing it after some of his feats in the novel since, at times, he does wild things in both his Mngwa and human form.

But, once again, there's still a massive skill advantage. If all Freddy tries to go for is a bite, he's going to be incredibly predictable. Even to a normal, untrained person. Let alone a preternatural FBI agent. Plus, Assefa has literally fought were-cats since he was but a wee lad. And were-cats when transformed, specialize in biting. He would certainly notice such, especially since it's also one of his main methods of attacks when he transforms.

I mean fair enough but if you're basing it off of a charge you should take the weight into account still.

If you divide that number by 3 you get 50,900 joules, which works well with killing a man with one blow which I think was a justification.

Maybe I do, maybe I don't, maybe one of my past friends said something about me like along the lines of, "Why is he here again?" and I'm sincerely peeved, I dunno.

Then...maybe you should step out a bit to calm yourself. This isn't really a situation that you'd like to come into with that mindset. Then again it's your choice

Alright. I mean, that works, thank you. It's a low ball anyway since Assefa is faster than baseline subsonic.

Why do I feel Assefa vs Shaggy coming

I'll just go to the corner, since this was a very close friend, but eh, I'll bite.

Eh? Eh? Geddit? Because Freddy-I'll just go.

Funny enough that's like 50.9 Kilojoules so...ironically enough Freddy's like two times stronger in this form though I dunno about durability. Of course I'm not sure how well that evens things out

@Christian

Oh, excuse the joke. It sent before I saw the most recent messages. Maybe take some time, drink some water, meditate, and try to empty yourself of those negative thoughts and energy.

Christian Higdon said:
I'll just go to the corner, since this was a very close friend, but eh, I'll bite.
Eh? Eh? Geddit? Because Freddy-I'll just go.
Hey, just do whatever you need to relax man. I'm just worried about you, is all.

To be frank it's honestly pretty hilarious how much of a Chance Freddy's got. One question though.

Would Assefa go for CQC right away at this range?

I haven't voted, and RN, I'm not in the mood. I'll just relax for a bit.

Other than that, wanting Freddy to win.

It's very likely, since the thing is right there, one meter away. Though he can't transform, and can clearly see that Freddy has high durability, so he might just back up and shoot. Though assuming CQC is a better bet due to proximity.

Either way, his skill will easily let him maneuver in and out of a CQC situation. And seeing as how he's dealt with people trying to bite him for over two decades...I don't see Freddy biting him literally ever. Especially not on his head of all places.

Never know, it could happen. Besides Freddy could get in a fist fight probably, we just don't have many feats for it. Odds are it's be less powerful but it'd still harm him. Maybe not too much but it'd do something. He'd likely still have an advantage when punching.

Why has THIS been one of our most debated matches so far?ovo

I am now leaning towards Assefa, but might hold on voting for now.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Why has THIS been one of our most debated matches so far?ovo
I am now leaning towards Assefa, but might hold on voting for now. </div>
Super devil's advocate here

Yeah. I mean, if Assefa gets any serious bone broken, Sanura's necklace is likely to activate. So if Freddy manages to somehow bit down on Assefa's arm and break it, Sanura's necklace is likely to activate, heal Assefa, instantly heat his skin, and inflict severe damage to Freddy.

I mean, punches can be dodged. And Assefa could perform something like an armbar to attempt to break Freddy's arm. Not that Freddy will just stand there, of course. But I mean, the skill gap may make it seem that way.

Not like being unskilled is gonna leave you unable to move out of the way of an attack, though. Also I don't think breaking his arm would be simple to do, at least not without letting Freddy grab his arm and let him go to town a little.

Also didn't you say he could possibly go range, then? If so Freddy could run off into the pizzeria and begin to sneak around. A gun wouldn't hurt him too badly before He's our of sight, and if anything the gun could just hit his costume and not his endoskeleton. Freddy is pretty damn skilled at Steath he could probably do a lot if he managed to break eye contact, and as long as Assefa doesn't chase him down that may just happen. Of course that depends on what Assefa is more likely to do.

Also, breaking Freddy's arm would have no effect. Immortality Type 2 plus no neves to speak of plus uses mouth to attack nopes that right out

Oh, that's not really what I meant. I guess I meant that being more skilled means more easily knowing what your opponent is going to do to the fact that they might as well not move. As a guy who has personally fought more skilled fighters, as well as less skilled fighters, I feel like I can confirm that skill really matters. Even if you both are landing hits, the more skilled person's hits tend to matter more. Striking to the solar plexius, sweeping, taking advantage of stance transitions, reading the opponent's habits, etc. And reading habits means dodging more. And Assefa has been dodging bites for two plus decades.

I mean, they have comparable AP, and Assefa should have superior lifting strength. It shouldn't be overly difficult for Assefa. It's what such techniques are meant for (Breaking an arm irl isn't simple either, but the techniques take advantages of the latent human structure, Freddy should be close enough to humanoid for it to apply to him). Though I suppose he could also be really brutal and attempt such things like clawing his eyes out as well.

Well, Assefa has enhanced senses and stealth mastery too. He's not going to be sneaking up on Assefa anytime soon. As a matter of fact, it would likely be disadvantageous since Assefa also has stealth mastery, but he can identify Freddy with his enhanced senses, and sneak up on him since Freddy has no such senses of which to speak. Also, Assefa's not going to lose eye contact with Freddy during the battle. Not unless Freddy manages to do something specific to cause such.

Well, count me in for Assefa FRA then. Sadly, as....

You know what? I'm gonna just go back into the corner. I don't deserve such humiliation.

Back