• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Didn't he win from other methods such as illusions? In which case bringing up Springtrap was pointless, since DC doesn't have the same hax as ST.

He has the one Hax ability that's more of a distraction than anything and DC doesn't need them to pull this shit off, especially if it's a Chameleon Deathclaw which can turn Invisible.

Mantis is almost unaffected by being bitten and stomped on by large dinosaurs such as rexes and brontos, I still highly doubt you can do anything with peak human ls. And mantis can potentially survive attacks from creatures that are class M.

And? A dodo can oneshot anything if it's level is high enough. We have no idea what level this mantis is. It could just barely meet the standard for wall level for all we know. If the mantis scales to higher tier dinos then it should be upgraded.

You know what? If you melee, good luck trying to grab the mantis when its sharp limbs are constantly slashing at you. That's assuming they even have a direct confrontation in the first place. They won't. This whole time the mantis watched the battle from afar until one comes out on top, and should've seen how powerful the DC's arms are when they were used against the other animals. It knows not to get close. And it should still have the speed advantage. Saying it's possibly subsonic implies that, if we assume it's not subsonic, it's at least very high up into superhuman. The fastest animals here besides the mantis are also superhuman, but with no mention of subsonic possibility, they might be on the lower end of superhuman, so mantis should still have an edge in speed.

True but it would be easier to track and tag without subsonic. Also I know that most of the animals here aren't that smart but they doesn't mean they are flat out stupid. They are going to notice a gaint is just sorta watching the fight. The fact that it would be alone would also paint it as a target.

I already reminded earlier that the battle is on an island covered in dense vegetation where the mantis has plenty of space to hide. Even if somebody notices, the mantis still has the speed to avoid the confrontation until they lose interest and attack or get attacked by somebody else. The only wrench thrown into this plan is if dart monkey notices, where the range attack with faster combat speed helps counter the movement speed. But as I already established, there will be other animals targeting dart monkey and the mantis waiting on the sidelines might be the least of its concerns. The monkey is probably going down instantly anyway.

I forgot the Gorgonopsid was in this, that ****** is really smart for an animal and can think of unorthodox (For an animal) Combat strategies on the fly as shown by it's fight with the Future Predator. Also, I feel like all the Smart animals would briefly team up to take out the Biggest threats to them. *COUGH* MANTIS & PALAEOLOXODON *COUGH*.

Actually considering how it seems like less of a threat at first glance, what are the chances that the monkey dies instantly. If it can get to a tree to hide in, it actually has a decent chance.

Holy Shit Palaeoloxodon has Class 25 Lifting Strength! It can literally pin down anything here and possibly crush it with it's weight!

I feel like any of the big bois can just easily trample the trees that the monkey will try to hide in. And while the mantis isn't one of the biggest, cutting down trees is a central gameplay mechanic in ARK. Not only can the player do it themself, but there are mounts that specialize in cutting down trees, and the mantis is more of an all around mount that can do all of the above, even without tools.

Forget the deathclaw. I think PN(I refuse to type it's full name) will be the winner here. I don't think there's a single creature that can handle that thing's lifting strength unless a bunch of creatures gang up on it. If deathclaw catches the mantis it has a chance to get away. If PN chases it or manages to pin it, it is screwed.

Yes but assuming these two are the last ones. It's gonna come to a close encounter at some point. The mantis can't run forever. It will be forced into a fight at some point. Also PN is a fairly smart animal as well.

I mean, it seems like the type of flighty creature to dance around an opponent. It might be able to get behind them before they can turn around to avoid their lifting strength before fleeing again. Hit and run tactics.

It would just do what it normally does as a wild animal just better trained for certain tasks and with a weapon (Maybe).

Normally ark when two predators fight they sorta go at each other, constantly attacking without much strategy until one either dies or runs off.

I don't think the T-Rex is gonna be able to take down the elephant. It's septic bite might take it out later on but not immediately.

JFC rex is arguably larger than a normal rex, being compared to the size of an eighteen-wheeler. It also is a skilled combatant, and has thrown large animals with comparable mass to the elephant before in Turf War. Heck, grabbing and slamming/throwing is one of its main moves (ex. Smash and Grab). Only thing the Paleoloxon may have is intelligence, but not by much, as JFC rex is highly intelligent in its own right.

I know that I'm the one who picked JFC T-Rex but Class 5 Lifting Strength vs class 20 Lifting Strength from an Animal who uses that as it's main method of attack.

Back