• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Royale Battle

Both of those two were actually banned from the royale.

Laughing-bonobo-crop
I missed the bloody recruitment, yay.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Just gonna leave some info about liliana here.
She has intangible attacks that ignore defenses and damages souls, everyone around her gets hit with it.
Passive or Just AoE ?

@Yobibijojo AoE, and then there is her familiar which is literally just a cluster of words, attacks against it get negged due to that.

Eli should be dead by now. Soul hax from Sans by which he has no resistance to in the slightest, Mindhax from the Hunter he can't deal with, several things way, way too out of his league to deal with.

He could mass wipe via kicking a pebble and causing a landslide.

Or more likely, he could sent a pebble into some of the big monster's eyes and send them on a rampage.

I seriously think Monokuma brought everyone here for a killing game, like the tragedy at hopes peak or the dr3 killing game.

Monokuma should be able to survive any mass-wipe that kills him by sending another copy of himself.

Izuru bullshits.

And there is this very high quality character in the ARM who's only job is standing there being impossible to kill by nearly everyone but not doing anything else.

Other people who probably get taken out quickly:

King Kong is massive, loud, and an obvious threat that'll likely get double or triple-teamed. If The Good Hunter doesn't pulp him the same way he pulped Cleric Beast, he goes down fighting Blossom (who sees him as a threat to the city, superhero genre mindset, etc.) or the Manticore, who can do everything he can except also more things- summoning, sleep, poison, ranged attacks... (in fact, these summons are probably what The Good Hunter would spend time cleaning up in character. That's what Hunters do, after all, hunt beasts.)

Knack is similar, being building-sized, but probably trickier to deal with given his Regenerationn and elemental attacks. He might deal with one before, say, being incapacitated/soul-shredded by Sans.

The Survivor, versatile as s/he is, seems pretty sorely outclassed as far practical AP/Durability and fighting skill, as well as hax resist (i.e. s/he's a pretty likely target for Sans to telekinesis/obliterate, given their fairly extensive presence on the battlefield + his able to counter their skill set with teleport/spatial manipulation spam.) Probably doesn't last long even assuming s/he hides, though like Knack his turrets, traps, pets and whatnot might pick up a kill first.

Blossom is... a small child. She'll be immature and impetuous, and an unsubtle threat with her superpowers, and she lacks the hax resistance to back that sort of mentality up. Goes down before long.

I love Midoriya, but on top of lacking hax resistance and versatility beyond punching people, some of his stronger attacks overload his own body. I don't see the kid making it far in a situation as chaotic as this.

Aztec Rave Monkey is not only giant, it's also indestructible (to these guys, anyways.) That said, it seems to have nothing special as far as offense goes, and also appears to be baseline Building level. Other than being a pretty hard counter to The Hunter, who probably would just bang his head against the proverbial wall trying in vain to scratch or mind hax it, it doesn't really have much going for it- certainly nothing stopping Liliana from astral poking him/Sans from soul-shredding.

Gon runs into the same problems as Midoriya.

The Ur-Didact is one of the most threatening here, certainly, with his TK grip and Large Building+ durability making him a veritable tank, but this is what would get him into trouble... the obvious threat that he is, Liliana would probably make attacking his astral self Priority Number One very quickly into the royale, let alone once he starts targeting her. And since he doesn't really have much that can stop that, well, it would just come down to who's hax can snuff the other out first I'd imagine.

That's... about all I've got, right now.

@Perp Type 8 means that neither Sans or Lilina (I guess) can put it down for good though. It's not just dura.

@Saikou Liliana can probably disable him with negative touch, any part of someone liliana touches, her opponent will be unable to use due to damage to their astral body.

She can incapacitate with astral shoot as well by literally hitting his soul with hers.

For what, the Rave Monkey? That doesn't imply that you're beyond death if your soul gets shredded, not on its own, it just implies that it will get sent back to the "physical" (not physical in its case but whatever) world upon death by virtue of being remanifested by Madotsuki's dream.

Immortality as a power, generally, is largely concerned with physical death, not soul death. If Space Rave Monkey has Soul Manipulation/Destruction resist, that's something that should be justified and/or listed on the profile.

>Immortality is generally concerned with physical death

I don't know where you're getting that, but it's a huge generalization. You don't need to have resistances to such thing in order to be able to come back from it.

In this case, the Monkey is automatically put back to its original state when it's damaged, killed, etc. Considering that this kind of "immortality" has been shown to repair even damage to reality, I doubt that its soul getting damaged would harm it much.

- "I don't know where you're getting that, but it's a huge generalization."

...yes? Yes it is. That's why I say it should be listed on his profile.

- "You don't need to have resistances to such thing in order to be able to come back from it."

Likening the destruction of the body to the destruction of the soul doesn't really work, I don't think. The body is physical, tangible matter; the soul, meanwhile, is an intangible, primal animating force that all sentient beings are assumed to have by virtue of being sentient, unless we have reason to assume otherwise.

The Monkey reformed physically as an entity contained within Madotsuki's dream does not automatically entail its soul will re-coalesce after being ripped apart. It would be no different than performing an exorcism on the spirit contained within Madotsuki's consciousness in her sleep.

Even if it did, though... doesn't it only reform every time Madotsuki goes back to sleep? That would probably be another 12 to 24 hours, and unless the fight drags on that long I don't really see the guy getting another lease on life (1 hour incap. rules and all), even assuming he can just come back from Soul destruction.

- "Considering that this kind of "immortality" has been shown to repair even damage to reality, I doubt that its soul getting damaged would harm it much."

...maybe? Soul Manipulation resistance doesn't automatically follow from Reality-Warping resistance, but it makes it a good deal more feasible. That said, see the above point.

Actually, wait. How did the entities within Madotsuki's dream come to be, in the first place? You might have a case here, and I'm curious now...

My point is that immortalities are in no way limited to physical stuff only.

Souls are still part of reality, despite being intangible. If you can reform whole chunks of reality, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to reform a simple soul.

Also if you want to go that far, the afterlife is just a random place within Madotsuki's dream with no special properties. Souls there can be reformed as well.

Dream Entities reforms as soon as Madotsuki leaves the room. Stuff that only reforms when you go back to sleep don't happen in the original Yume Nikki.

They were probably just created alongside the Dream World by Mado. But we're kina derailing with walls of texts here. Go to my wall if you want to debate this further.

It's not got to be super long, I just wanted you to establish that Madotsuki can reform souls as well as bodies, is all. The afterlife where said souls go being contained within the dream proves that much.

That said, since lots of this stuff is contingent upon Madotsuki directly interacting with it, how much would this actually come into effect within the context of this royale? Madotsuki purposefully doing those sorts of things would be outside help, I'd think.

Are we just assuming that Central Park is part of Madotsuki's dream, in this instance, since Standard Battle Assumptions require everyone to be at their optimum level as much as possible?

We don't prevent even active resurrection from outside sources, let alone subconscious ones such as with Madotsuki. It's why it's Type 8 rather than 4; Madotsuki doesn't outright Reality Warp them back into existence by herself.

Pretty sure we do, since the very definition of those Dream Keys is that they take place in Madotsuki's dreams. Wouldn't work otherwise.

Just realized that if the Didact has access to the Composer, he's going to mass wipe.

Edit:. Also he should be removed. A calc is going to upgrade him to 8-A. And he's getting some major ability additions.

Oh, guess he can be added then unless ppl think he is too op, which he isn't really just has good resistance to stuff and that nice mid godly regen and type 8 immortality.

Back