• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(7 Shazam - 7 Homelander - 1 Incon) Shazam vs the wrong Superman

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Speed equalised, 8-C version used, else SBA

Shazam wins - 7 - Superalexiy, Jamesthetaker, Lonkitt, cropfist, Mango3st, Angel88441, Thesuperone342

Homelander wins - 7 - Zaratthustra, Camilopezo, PapiSavitar5025, Muchacho mrm, I'm Blue daba dee daba die, Wagdawgwag, Zark2099

Carol comes in and slaps both - 1 - Revan Laha

Note: Current discussion points are how skilled their ranged and close quarters combat skills are

Wagdawgwag said:
Does one have any real distinct advantage over the other?
If you think they are about to have a draw, state why you think so and compare their powers and abilities you think.

Homelander should take this one. Not only does he have the Heat Vision which will more likely be a major point in his arsenal vs Shazam, but is shown to have better fighting skills than Billy, be it in its technique, experience, and mentality. His ruthlessness will be an advantage in the fight as Billy is not the best one when it comes to fighting.

One is a trained lab-rat to be a superhero and a ruthless manipulator vs a child that got powers without any training.

I don't see any way for Shazam to win this one.

Vote Homelander.

Btw, Anthony Starr was genial in the series. Just finished watching the last episode of s1.

I agree with Zar. BTW how much is Homelander into 8-C? He's superior to Maeve who in her childhood stopped a train with a punch ƒæèƒÜéƒÜïƒÜâƒÜïƒÜâƒÜïƒÜâ

"He doesn't have any weakness. --- Madelyn Stillwi

No? --- Butcher

There isn't a weapon on Earth that they haven't throw at him. They've all failed. ---Madelyn Stillwin"

From the last episode.

His speed is also faster than on the profile as he had time to take Butcher with him and leave the explosion of TNT planted on Madelyn from the room. He was like 30cm from her while Butcher around 1m from him. The TnT was detonated, scene rolls for 1 sec and then he saves him (it was not shown in which way as it was a white screen) and after an unknown period of time, they are in another home yard.

I know speed is equalized. Just said as a feat for him.

Shazam is also superior to human weapons.

"The weapons of man draw no blood from our kind. The only thing that extinguishes magic... is magic." - Sivana, referring to both Shazam and himself.

Also, how is heat vision an advantage in this case?

Cropfist said:
Also, how is heat vision an advantage in this case?
Yeah, that's why I was wary about voting at first.

Where do Billy's electricity powers fall into this? I feel like it got glossed over here.

So far Homelander is feat less, he seems weaker than his comic book counterpart (who could take Queen Maeve's head off in one punch) though the supers in his verse are a joke. I believe he's faster than A-Train who was said to be able to run at speeds of 1000mph+ which isn't the impressive for the DCU considering Flash can time travel and by proxy Shazam is compareable to Superman so we can say that he has reaction speed far above what Homelander is used to facing.

I'd say Shazam because he has more experience with fighting Superpowered beings of similar power, whereas Homelander is just the strongest in a universe of joke characters. Not to mention, I know we're not counting the comics but when he was in a cell underground sitting above a Nuke that would go off if he looked at anyone sideways, the scientist that made him seemed certain enough that it would kill him. And there is no evidence that Supes get more powerful as time goes on, perhaps Billy's lightning would be enough to stun him if not flat out kill him.

This is their movie/tv version, not the Comic one.

Billy has less fighting experience vs Superpowered beings than Hughie from The Boys. It's not the Comic version but the movie one. He didn't have any pre-knowledge in the movie. All he had was his witts, while for the TV series Homelander is stated that he had been a Superhero for decades. Homelander has the experience, the combat, and the mind-set to a higher level than Billy can even hope with only his movie. If it was the Comic version, yeah sure Shazam will win easily but this is not.

Zaratthustra said:
This is their movie/tv version, not the Comic one.
Billy has less fighting experience vs Superpowered beings than Hughie from The Boys. It's not the Comic version but the movie one. He didn't have any pre-knowledge in the movie. All he had was his witts, while for the TV series Homelander is stated that he had been a Superhero for decades. Homelander has the experience, the combat, and the mind-set to a higher level than Billy can even hope with only his movie. If it was the Comic version, yeah sure Shazam will win easily but this is not.
As I said, I'm not counting comic feats but he's noticeably weaker than his comic book counterpart. It's worth noting that Homelander has NO experience with threats of his own power level, heck I doubt he has even fought more than a handful of Supes. Wisdom of Solomon is also a factor (though it wasn't showcased in Shazam).

Revan Laha said:
Just saying, how powerful would be Homelander's feat of throwing a baseball several kilometers away?
It's barely a few dozen times past the world record, so almost certainly 9-B

I mean, he threw the ball from his barn, and it was said it would land in Boston and definitely kill someone. I can assume a few dozen, if not hundreds of kilometers of distance

Revan Laha said:
I mean, he threw the ball from his barn, and it was said it would land in Boston and definitely kill someone. I can assume a few dozen, if not hundreds of kilometers of distance
Find it out yourself

A baseball is around 0.142 kg not some 60 kg mind ya

Homelander due to skill and experience.

Although assuming that the second season will revealed that he is vulnerable to magic, Shazam could win.

Ps:Assuming that "human weapons" also includes Nukes, that could make Shazam and Homelander rise to 7-B.

Well, it was based on a scene from the comic where Homelander tanks a nuke as a child, which is then framed as him being an alien that crashed to Earth,

Giving it to Homelander for being better experienced, and I'm pretty sure he's like, always blood lusted which will make him even more aggressive against Shazam, Shazam is cocky and tries to go in and overwhelm them with strength, as seen when he fought Sivana. He's not really shown to blast lightning bolts, but Homelander I'm sure is more likely to use his heat vision. Shazam and Homelander are gonna charge eachother, they're going to get in a hand to hand brawl and Billy is most likely going to see himself getting overpowered by Homelander's skill, and heat vision. Heat Vision will infact be more useful because like I said, I'm sure Homelander actually uses it in combat.

Not sure about Homelander being better experienced, he doesn't show much H2H fighting ability and actually makes pretty big oversights that he should be able to see (plane controls getting bursted into flame because he couldn't control his heat vision being a prime example). There's also the fact that he couldn't figure out how to stop the plane and he seemingly wasn't fast enough to carry every person out of the plane (though he was faster than a bomb that was already detonated so it could just be he didn't save the plane because he's a psychopath).

That being said, Homelander has no way to bypass Billy's durability. Not sure what forum rules are on other universes' magic against a universe with no magic, as The Boys doesn't have magic.

Superalexiy said:
Not sure about Homelander being better experienced, he doesn't show much H2H fighting ability and actually makes pretty big oversights that he should be able to see (plane controls getting bursted into flame because he couldn't control his heat vision being a prime example). There's also the fact that he couldn't figure out how to stop the plane and he seemingly wasn't fast enough to carry every person out of the plane (though he was faster than a bomb that was already detonated so it could just be he didn't save the plane because he's a psychopath).
That being said, Homelander has no way to bypass Billy's durability. Not sure what forum rules are on other universes' magic against a universe with no magic, as The Boys doesn't have magic.
How does Homelander have any way of bypassing Billy's durability?

Nice discussions here.

And votes counted.

Um, how exactly does Homelander counter Billy's BS Invulnerability? Coz given his backstory, he definitely fits the criteria of "the weapons of man", and certainly has no magic.

If the answer is he doesn't, then this is likely to be a stomp.

Bold statement from Sivana considering they're in the DCU, the weapons of man extend pretty far with Batman and Superman in existence. Not to mention it was heavily implied Billy was on the same strength level of DCU Superman, who could quite honestly, rip Homelander in half.

"Bold statement from Sivana considering they're in the DCU, the weapons of man extend pretty far with Batman and Superman in existence."

Superman is not human and the weapons shown by Batman are 8-C at best. (Batman could only hurt Superman, because he was weakened by Kryptonite)

Actually, the only reason I can see Homelander winning is if he has actual experience, I rewatched Shazam's final battle, and he does use lightning bolts more than I implied.

Um, no, that is what Billy's current invulnerability comes from. He cannot be hurt by man made weapons, so unless you want to get a CRT going to remove that, he is invulnerable to man made weapons.

I doubt we take the "unable to be hurt by manmade weapons" at face value given that he doesn't resist radiation, poisons, chemicals, paralysis, or status effects nor does he have 7-A dura.

Back