• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C Royale 2.0

In that case I think Vader and Ekko,possibly Kaori, would go after Galio the moment they realize something is messing with their abilities. After noticing only he can do it or something.

And yeah makes sense on the null.

Though I think the null range isnt as big maybe.

They'd have to get past his forcefield that simultaneously protects him, heals him for all the damage he takes, and amps the power of his attacks

Also he can create tornados and fly

I think that only applies to magic though. And even then Cole got through forcefields before.

All that abilities is slowly making him a bigger and biggee threat to target.

Also it says on Shao Kahn's profile that he knows a bit of magic but the word magic is nowhere on Raiden's profile so I think it's safe to say his abilities are not magic-based

No it applies to any damage in general that he receives, and if they go through the forcefield it would just heal galio

Alright, so about Penny's special and unique defense.

We know already that Pennywise's shape is something it has to comply to. Depending on its shape, it has a different "potential" weakness that collective, unified belief can make real. The most obvious example was its werewolf form; the Losers collectively believed that silver was a viable weakness against it, so it was therefore harmed by the silver. To physically harm it (or prevent it from regenerating, anyway), you need to have multiple people believing in the one solitary thing being used against it.

But there's a problem.

When faced with multiple people, it is capable of assuming multiple forms at once, effectively making it so that everyone perceives it as something completely different:

Richie chanced a glance behind him as he flung himself onto the package carrier and saw the Werewolf crossing the lawn toward them, less than twenty feet away now. Blood and slobber mixed on its high-school jacket. White bone gleamed through its pelt about the right temple. There were white smudges of sneezing powder on the sides of its nose. And Richie saw two other things which seemed to complete the horror. There was no zipper on the thing's jacket; instead there were big fluffy orange buttons, like pompoms.
So once again Bill Denbrough found himself racing to beat the devil, only now the devil was a hideously grinning clown whose face sweated white greasepaint, whose mouth curved up in a leering red vampire smile, whose eyes were bright silver coins. A clown who was, for some lunatic reason, wearing a Derry High School jacket over its silvery suit with the orange ruff and the orange pompom buttons.
Bill remembered himself and Richie in the middle of Neibolt Street, after the thing which might have been a clown or which might have been a werewolf had disappeared, embracing each other and weeping.

So what does this mean? Well, it means that a weapon which would normally work on one of its current forms would fail, due to the other form not having that weakness and due to it having assumed both forms simultaneously. The only way the Losers were able to get around this was by being psychically linked to each other, which allowed them to collectively perceive its form as being one thing, trapping it in that form.

So, in essence, physical attacks (even ones that would say, target its insides or ignore durability in a way that doesn't involve a concept or a potent form of hax) are out of the window with this thing. Every character here will perceive it as being something different, with small shades of its other forms leaking into each person's perception.

My space-clown friend has some offensive hax as well that I managed to find quotes for in a blog. Who wants to see?

Said it already, the Derry avatar's powers are extradimensional, not magical. It comes from a place outside of time and space, and its powers are closer to "alien" than anything else. And when it first showed up on the planet, it quite literally came out of space and landed on Earth as a cataclysmic meteor impact, so take that much however you will.

Of course, the source of its power is a Low 2-C universal embodiment which is simply controlling it the way a normal person would work a puppet. So I'm not all the way sure Galio can really "nullify" its powers unless he were to somehow cut the clown off from its true form.

Two important questions-

A: Are Madotsuki's effects based on magic? B: How many people in this royale have a way around Time Stop?

Pennywise doesn't have a way around timestop, but can most likely survive any injuries sustained within frozen time unless there's some serious hax involved.

Rumplestiltskin has Type 8 that's reliant on the Dark One's Dagger, which he carries around with him and definitely wouldn't be easily figured out as a weakness of his.

Other than that, I dunno.

Tanya should already be flying at that point, Cole can survive, Misaka is questionable.

Though I'm also wondering if we should keep someone who has a time stop with infinite duration.

Basically, what I'm getting at-

Ekko has a time stop, and although magic fuels the device the actual power wielded by it isn't strictly "magic" in nature. Furthermore, since its range is the entire universe, and it's actually got a sort of pseudo-AP given how the hax works, unless Galio can nullify magic on a universal scale somehow he's not stopping that. He also canonically opens with this fairly frequently.

Madotsuki also has a timestop- whether or not this would count as magic for purposes of Galio's null are unknown to me.

Rumplestiltskin, finally, has a Time Stop, though its expressedly magic-based as well.

Of course, my question is whether or not Galio can actually nullify any of these three's time stop powers/move through them, somehow that sounds kinda NLF-territory to me.

Do Madotsuki/Rumplestiltskin's time stops have time limits at all...?

There's also the whole "Get more powerful the more damage I take" when it's just a gameplay ability. It feels like it's being pushed to NLF too.Madotsuki is apparently limitless but I think Madotsuki can't use her other abilities without swapping to the next ones.

It doesnt make him stronger from taking damage, it amps his magic resistance, which in turn amps his attacks as he turns his magic resistance into power

Runic Skin: Galio converts 50% of his magic resistance into ability power.

Bulwark: Galio grants the target allied champion or himself bonus armor and magic resistance for 4 seconds and heals himself every time Bulwark's target takes damage, though each heal is 20% weaker than the last for each consecutive instance of damage.

I can see that the argument of nullifying Rumple's magic powers against him. Well, if we're taking 7-C Rumple, he hasn't got his resistance against power null, but, I think he would have saved something for a rainy day (iykwim).

When Pan used his especial Magic Nullifying device on Rumple, he says that it would work on Rumple just like in everyone else. But we can clearly see that he made a big mistake.

After Pan's leaving, we can see Rumple standing again, then he takes a sword and prepares to rip out his own hand. But then, he stops.

He then goes to where Pan is threatening his family. Pan states that Rumple has no magic - which is false, as we can see him walking and standing without his cane (for those who didn't understand, Rumple had a leg wound, which forced him to use a cane when he hadn't got magic, so, walking without it is a magical feat) - and then, Rumple summons his shadow (a magical feat) and kills Pan with the dagger. Soon after that, he created a counter-spell to the Dark Curse (which had no way to be stopped). All of that while wearing a enchanted cuff to nullify his magic.

Also, he has some non-magic based attack. Likely, elemental manipulation, heat manipulation etc (although magic gives him the usage of those powers, they're not magic itself) or using the Acheron's Water. Imagine it, Rumple use the soul ripping arrows Hades created while shooting with his Magic Bow - which never misses its target.

I didn't know to which comment I should answer, so...

So Rumple can resist his magic being nulled in this scenario?

Or are you saying something else?

If Rumple resists his magic being nulled, then I guarantee he's defeating most of the people on this list just by virtue of hax, versatility and immortality. But there's another reason I think he'll last good while.

Rumple with all his powers in a matchup where a bunch of people are being powernulled is a really, really nasty situation for everyone else, and given how intelligent he is, I think he'd catch on to what Galio's doing at some point, realize the enormous edge he has on a number of the others here and take advantage of it.

It would be disadvantageous for him to go for Galio right away. Not only does it immediately reveal him as a genuine threat to everyone, but if he manages to defeat Galio first, then he's effectively giving most of the roster their powers back. He's not that stupid. I see him doing what he did with Pan; feigning a disadvantage while waiting for his chance to eliminate his opponent(s). He'll stay off everyone's radar until he feels it's the right time to start showing his power.

He'll be killing a few other people discreetly if he can, don't get me wrong. This presents the perfect chance for him to take out a few would-be threats before they become such, and he would almost certainly know to capitalize on that.

Lack of much offensive hax really hinders him for fighting against haxxier people. His only one, Type 8, is reliant on an object...That Rumple apparently owns as Standard Equipment.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Lack of much offensive hax really hinders him for fighting against haxxier people. His only one, Type 8, is reliant on an object...That Rumple apparently owns as Standard Equipment.
I'm sorry, but I could not understand anything in this sentence ^^

How exactly does Rumple lack offensive hax?

And if you mean defensive hax, Type 8 isn't the only thing he has either.

I meant defensive yeah.

From what I see, he only has Ressurection and Type 8. And the former doesn't look applicable in combat.

I mean, he can teleport and turn invisible, and has Low-Mid Regenerationn and Forcefield Creation. And he has a few hax resistances as well. Mind/Empathic resistance should help him against a few people here, as will his ability to pierce illusions. (Given how much of a threat Pennywise is to most of this lineup) As well, the object his Type 8 is reliant on can't be targeted by magic, so even if Galio dies and someone else with magic gets their powers back, he still has a slight advantage over them.

And even then, he's not going to town on everyone until he sees a good opportunity to do so. That's what he's like. Even with his vast powers, he almost always plans out his actions whenever he's given the opportunity. In this scenario, he's more likely to escape the commotion and go for the "observe everyone else to gauge their strengths and weaknesses" route, which he most certainly has all of the right tools for.

I wouldn't call invisibility and Forcefields Defensive hax. I mean more like stuff such as Non-Corporeality, OP Regen, Passive Intangibility and the likes. Not much that would help him survive getting punched really hard.

Back