• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C Monsters and Men Tournament. Round 1 Match 6. Great Shinobi Owl vs Giant Demonic Beast

So for Giant Demonic Beast:
  • Its AP is 15.64 Kilotons or above since it can easily handle soldiers who scales to that AP
  • As it initiate the battle, its strength and defenses increases via Death Blow and Armored Blow
  • When it is low in HP, its strength and defenses increase via Defiant Strength and Defense
  • It is covered in a barrier that reduce damage to it by 50% and protect it from critical hits inflicted by enemies. If the barrier is partially destroyed, the creature can repair it with its Staggering Blow, Arm Press. If the barrier is completely destroyed, it will render the beast confused and unable to attack for a while. Not to mention, it will lose its barrier permanently
  • It can temporarily reduce an enemy's speed with its Staggering Blow, Arm Press
  • It can passively heal itself once in a while with Renewal
  • For the Giant Demonic Beast to go down permanently, the enemies need to kill it three times and each time it is felled, its wounds are fully recovered and it is more durable than before

Great Shinobi Owl. He has regeneration negation, and has a 0.3 kiloton AP advantage, and his AP will be increased as the force is concentrated over a smaller area. He also has some ranged options, and poisons, which would ignore the barrier. An if he needs to, he could smoke screen himself away.

Wondering if regen neg would null the innate resurrection that demonic beasts have

Also, why would ranged attacks just ignore barrier?

Wondering if regen neg would null the innate resurrection that demonic beasts have

Also, why would ranged attacks just ignore barrier?
Not the raged attacks. His poison which happens to be ranged, turns into poisonous smoke, and the creatures barrier have not been shown to protect the creature from inhalant based poisons.

I assume the regen neg he's talking about is the Mortal Blade, which I'm not sure if Owl explicitly has.. But if he does Owl has the benefit of Regen + Immortality Negation that bypasses Resurrection + the advantages that the Beast has are very similar to Sekiro's own arsenal and Sekiro is dummy skilled. Owl would definitely make use of his superior mobility to chip away at his opponent, and I don't really know how he would use the Mortal Blade given that we've never seen him actually use it in battle but Owl has also some very strong durability negation with it that would bypass attempts to block it..

Cryo was referring to this, it's not mentioned on Owl's profile for whatever reason
It is mentioned on Owl's profile but noted that he only have it in the (in Shura Ending) whatever that means. It does have Immortality Negation so I guess it would be effective in permanently killing the Demonic Beast but it depends on if this Owl person actually use the weapon

And what key is the Owl person; Prime or Old because depending on it, he will not have his Poison Manipulation. Although the Demonic Beast does have Passive Healing via Renewal so perhaps it will counterbalance the poison

And what key is the Owl person; Prime or Old because depending on it, he will not have his Poison Manipulation. Although the Demonic Beast does have Passive Healing via Renewal so perhaps it will counterbalance the poison
If I used his prime version I'd call him Owl Father since that's what his prime version is called. I'm using old Owl

It is mentioned on Owl's profile but noted that he only have it in the (in Shura Ending) whatever that means. It does have Immortality Negation so I guess it would be effective in permanently killing the Demonic Beast but it depends on if this Owl person actually use the weapon
And uh in case you're wondering, yes, he'll use it. Owl is not an honorable person in any shape or form and will take any step if it gives him an advantage

Owl in all likelihood did use the Mortal Blade given he was able to kill and cut off Genichiro's head, who was himself immortal. Given we've seen Isshin, Genichiro, and Sekiro use Mortal Draw, Owl will probably use it like that too. I'd probably chalk it up to Owl simply not using it in-character until he realizes his enemy is immortal and do as such.

Owl has a wide variety of tools at his disposal, his Shinobi charm makes healing incredibly ineffective if not outright negated. His Owl is definitely going to be a boon for avoiding attacks given its effectiveness at avoiding someone like Sekiro, able to use it in between attacks to avoid openings that the Demonic Beast can exploit. His poison is typically a tactic used to create distance between himself and an opponent to recover his footing, and his smoke bomb can also achieve this too. The way I see this playing out is definitely Owl engaging and disengaging whenever he wants.

I kind of forgot how the Hunter's Nightmare looks like, but Owl definitely can resort to tricks and stealth when needed. The success of his stealth attacks could vary from this point on as the Demonic Beast has Enhanced Senses themselves, though Owl can also wrestle with them into a deathblow easily with their superior Lifting Strength.

That said, the Demonic Beast has a large variety of abilities that aid its survivability but Owl's Mortal Blade and rat tactics can also help him if he's ever at a disadvantage or if he needs to recoup. It could definitely turn out in the beast's favor, but the Mortal Blade hurts one of the beast's biggest advantages here.

Back