• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C Guts?

Sea God upgraded to 7-C. Shouldn't he be elevated to 7-C because Guts killed him too? It's been a year since I read the manga. Is there any reason why his power shouldn't be measured through the Sea God?

It's been said in this thread that Guts does not scale to the Sea God. He needed to kill it from within and the thing's literal heartbeat nearly oneshotted him while he was amped by the Berserker Armour.

Sea God upgraded to 7-C. Shouldn't he be elevated to 7-C because Guts killed him too? It's been a year since I read the manga. Is there any reason why his power shouldn't be measured through the Sea God?
Because he killed him by entering his body and perforating his heart, causing internal bleeding.

He doesnt actually scale to it, at all, even its heartbeat was crippling to Guts.

Femto would upscale tho.

Last I also checked, Sea God doesn't really use a UES for his storm feat. So I also recall the impression that it would make him a glass cannon and shouldn't even have Town level striking strength or durability. But Guts wouldn't scale from it either way since there's also the weak points he needed to strike.

By the way, let me ask this: Ganishka's final form is said to be capable of destroying the planet. Why isn't he given possibly 5-B over this? Even if it is not known how to destroy it, I think it can be given 5-B, as in Captain Underpants.

By the way, let me ask this: Ganishka's final form is said to be capable of destroying the planet. Why isn't he given possibly 5-B over this? Even if it is not known how to destroy it, I think it can be given 5-B, as in Captain Underpants.
I do not personally think whataboutisms is consistently a good reason; as I could argue that one being flawed for other reasons without elaborate clarifications.

But in Guts is case, it's not specific how much "Like all the way down to the Earth's core or simply wiping out the surface." Or even if it's surface wiping, one one-shotting that is High 6-A, but it doesn't guarantee it's all at once because even Town level or City level characters could eventually wipe out all life on the planet over time. As for the Captain Underpants page, there is a 5-A feat for the 2nd key. Can't judge continuity, but I'd argue the 5-B key is flawed with no scan, source, or URL. And it would need to specify "blowing up" the planet to be a 5-B statement.

Back