• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

7-C Bloodborne and Some Questions on Scaling

What would be the KE of Quicksilver lol, while we're talking about KE of the character moving

In fact this upgrades a fair portion of all verses, since we've suddenly decided that a character moving can grant AP

I mean, if they have a ram attack...

which The Hunter doesn't

Let's just get a calc to see how fast the Kirkhammer goes and roll with that for AP stuff

That, what DMUA said.

Mr. Bambu said:
What would be the KE of Quicksilver lol, while we're talking about KE of the character moving
It was actually 8-A for a while based on KE but then he became ftl

That's only using the weapon, maybe there's leftover momenum but they slow down a bit so you know

they don't trip

Except there are like four weapons that are basically just fists

Also unarmed dodge melee is is a thing

You aren't physically ramming into them lmao, you're just dodging, and attacking with your weapon. Additionally, the weapon has independent speed, seen by the fact that weapons are faster/slower than each other, this isn't really a complex concept man.

Just get arc radius, name a degree of the swing (without looking at it, 90-120 is generally the range) and get speed compared to lightning, could probably do it with someone camming for you (one person summons Blacksky Eye, other does Kirkhammer).

That's swinging their fists. Not shouldertackling them or something, it's a momentus punch. Not quite the full body behind it.

Cool. As a side note, you seem to have assumed the hammer moves as fast as Blacksky Eye, which is wrong because you are physically slower than that attack, but whatever, just to please you. We'll also completely disregard the issues in your conclusions on speed and use your lightning stuff, because while we're here, why the hell not.

Mass of Hunter = ~70kg

Mass of Hand = 0.65% of total mass (0.455 kg)

KE = 0.5m x v^2

(0.5 x 0.455) x 82720^2 = 1.557e9 Joules. Barely Building level. And this is being generous and using an unreliable speed.

But yeah. If you'd like to try to cam it, feel free to recalc and get some KE on these weapons. Otherwise, I'm fine with 8-C.

Get mass and speed and we might have an actual feat. I'm okay with it. But unless we get that we can't just say 8-B for no reason.

WeeklyBattles said:
Poesis also said he had a class 25 feat for the 7-Cs that I'm interested in

Also this reminds me that the key of dodging lightning while wielding the Kirkhammer yielded 8-B results...
Well, this is awkward. So, I had assumed 7-C and above were going to be Class M based on the Hunter blocking the Living Failures meteors with the Loch Shield (as no-one had objected to it), which was why I had calculated the meteor's force. The Class 25 calc was for the 8-Cs, based on the Hunter and similar characters being able to swing around the Kirkhammer and Ludwig's Holy Blade. While the weapons themselves aren't that heavy, the momentum and force the Hunter would not only need to generate, but to control is much higher than you'd imagine. I'll go into more depth when I post the calc some time this weekend, but the point is that it takes a lot of strength. This also didn't account for the lightning speed, as I felt it was safer and had assumed using the lightning speed would have been calc stacking, but apparently that's not the case. I still did both, but the results I got with the lighting speed wound up being in Class G, which strikes me as an extreme outlier. At the same time, I also did a kinetic energy calc and wound up with 8-A results. So yeah, I guess there's all of that.

Another lifting strength feat that's just came to mind as I write this the Hunter being able to handle the recoil of the Cannon with one arm. I might actually get around to calcing that if I have the time.

Oh, that kind of lifting strength. I'm cool with it. And... Class G is sadly an outlier, I believe even if it is an outlier for the least used stat on this site

So since this is taking longer than I was expecting, can we go ahead and apply the changes already agreed upon before this gets forgotten about or something?

Might be best to get the 5-B+/5-A calcs looked at, since that would officially fix up the tiers. 8-A needs considered but we have 8-C as a placeholder tier anyhow so that can be held for awhile if need be.

Alright then. Also, Weekly and I commented again. And assuming the lightning doesn't get accepted, I can always adjust it using the frame timeframe of the meteors instead, which I think comes out at 8-B, though I'll need to get back home to check that.

I can definitely accept the Meteor speed comparison, but the thread you linked is not the one. I guarantee it.

Yeah, after posting the comment, I realised it probably wasn't the thread since Weekly did say it was supposed to be a big thread. On a side note though, was the calculation fine as a Lifting Strength feat?

Yeah. Class 25+ for the Hunter seems fine by me, since that lifting strength doesn't hinge on comparing to the speed of lightning or anything.

Its cloud to ground lightning, we see it summoned from clouds. We never used AP to justify it being lightning speed because its real cloud to ground lightning.

I actually booted up Bloodborne again and went to the fishing hamlet to check and it turns out that you can't actually look straight up, so you can't actually see if there's a top to the lightning.

I'm not saying it doesn't, I'm just saying the game doesn't allow you to see it's point of origin is at all. By the way, have you found that thread yet?

No, unfortunately i think it got swept away with the mass Topic vandalism as i cant find any threads for Bloodborne from before 2016 whereas the speed change was from 2015

So the "big long thread" about how it was CTG lightning is basically an outdated thing saying "yes I agree"

Can you prove to me that it is CTG lightning. I don't believe its game mechanics (most of the lightning summoners are placed deliberately inside) but hey, we just like throwing that word around nowadays,

Its not outdated at all as there is nothing to sugget it isnt cloud to ground lightning, your issue was even brought up in that thread and multiple staff members agreed that its just game mechanics

>Most of the lightning summoners

Yes all both of them, one is outside and the other is in a cave, the one outside is visibly cloud to ground lightning

Hold up, i just checked and there are eight total lightning summoners, two by the Lighthouse Hut, three near the Large Bridge, and three near the Half-Maidens. Five of the eight Lightning summoners are fought outdoors and use visibly cloud to ground lightning. Them being able to use it indoors where it still visibly goes through the rock is definitely just a mechanic so they arent a completely useless enemy.

I just don't feel like getting into a flame war over stupid bloody "its game mechanics" again. Do what you like. Sure. CtG Lightning. Why not.

Ok, so because this was such a point of contention, I'm going to add a meteor timeframe version anyway, if only as a form of futureproofing, in case CtG gets rejected at a later date. I'll edit the page to include it once I get back home. After that, I guess we just need Bambu to leave his approval in the page (I'm assuming it needs to be on the page just to make it clear its been accepted).

Nah man. It's all good. There's pretty much no info on this, so "it comes from up" is probably the best argument that's gonna come from this. Semantics just aren't worth getting into again over something like this lol.

the more time I spend on here the more I slowly channel the cynicism of Sam Vimes

Basically yes lol. Bureaucracy is a lovely thing.

Back